Most tempting interview offer I've ever had

So I'm on my Northampton Town save. It's the year 2022. Last season, after two losses in the Championship playoffs in a row, we came back from lower mid-table at Christmas time to win the playoff final and get promoted to the Premier League. The dream come true, one of the main goals of this save. As I've started pre-season, I've gotten a number of interview offers, but I've turned them all down without pause really. I brought this club up from new administration in League 2 to the premier league. 

I've just received an interview offer from Ajax. They've won their league the past five years in a row. One of the most storied clubs of all time, and one of my favorites. 

I'm torn. This was intended to be a one club save. I still probably wouldn't even think about it, except for the fact that I have a very thin squad and I'm about 150k in the red on the wage budget. I'm sure the board will get pissed if I even attend the interview and might sack me even if the interview is a failure. However, I'm not sure I want to flat out refuse such a great offer when I'm possibly looking a completely hopeless season in the face. 

I had a similar situation recently. I took Wrexham from the conference to the prem and was having a blast. But then an offer came in for my favourite club in Australia. 

Ultimately I chose to leave Wrexham simply because the budget was terrible and the board expected a top half finish for some reason when we should have been relegation favourites. Needless to say they sold all the remaining good players as soon as I left and barely won a game.

I think Ajax could be a lot of fun for you. Actually, I am trying to get myself a move to Ajax in my game, after being at Burnley at 8 seasons. I am personally tempted by them as it will be a great challenge to get them back into Champions League contention (especially when IRL they get knocked out in the qualifiers again), coupled with the Dutch total football style whilst using a lot of youths from the academy. At least, that is what I see the attraction in Ajax would be. In my game they are no longer the top Dutch side though, having not won the league in something like 4 seasons. 

Okay, update.

I made a new save file before making the decision about the interview, and went ahead and attended it.

To my shock, instead of my board getting mad, they were begging me to stay and asking me what it would take. I told them I needed more wage budget. They told me sorry but they couldn't do it.

Didn't get the Ajax job. Decided to look at the job market since the board had already resigned themselves to me leaving. The only decent job was West Ham (who are a EL places team in my save at this point). Applied, got an interview. Foolishly asked for slightly more wage budget, which ended up being the only thing they didn't like about my interview. Didn't get that either.

Still about 100k in the red on wages. We've actually done surprisingly decent so far in the PL, grabbing several wins and a draw. The profit/loss for the year and balance are slowly getting out of the red and back towards zero, so there might still be hope to fix the finances and stay with Northampton. 

Archived