Board Providing Senior Affiliated Club

This isn't really worth its own thread but not seeing a thread where it really fits either. I'm playing as Lokomotiv Moscow in Russia and just did quite well in the first season. I asked the club for an affiliated club during the season and got a commercial link to a club in China. I asked for another one at hte start of the offseason and they couldn't find a candidate. Now I just got a news story that the board agreed a parent link with Benfica so I can take Benfica players on loan. Never requested this. Never seen the board simply set an affiliation up before. Does this happen frequently?

It does happen every now and then. Though I am surprised at this arrangement, what is your clubs reputation? I thought Lok. Moscow were reasonably well-established Russia, I am surprised that they considered getting a European parent club, surely you will be competing in Europe (soon)?

Russian Premier League is ranked 7th (I think) and we just won the title. 3rd biggest club in Russia. Reputation is 3 1/2 stars, which is National. And we will be in the Champions League this year. Benfica is still a step above.

Game was accidentally closed right after but the game was saved at the start of the month, immediately before I got this news. So when I advanced again, the parent club was now AC Milan instead of Benfica. Decided to try again just for curiosity. I got Juventus on the next two tries. And then no one. I reloaded a couple more times but now it doesn't happen.

Strange.

Archived