Team strength vs TI's

Let's say you examine your team and come up with an idea what are your best players and how do you want to play. For instance, best players of my current team are a quick and skillful winger (AML) and a target man (ST). So I develop a formation (formations) that include best uses of those players I can come up with and I basically build the tactics around those 2 guys.

Recetly I found this article on the web:
http://www.guidetofootballmanager.com/tactics/tactical-styles

It's kind of appealing, but do you find it any good?

What do you do regarding TI's after you identify your best assets? How do you adapt width and other settings?

For instance: building the team aroung a target man > play narrower? around a winger > play wider?

Thanks!

22 minutes ago, goalash said:

Let's say you examine your team and come up with an idea what are your best players and how do you want to play. For instance, best players of my current team are a quick and skillful winger (AML) and a target man (ST). So I develop a formation (formations) that include best uses of those players I can come up with and I basically build the tactics around those 2 guys.

Recetly I found this article on the web:
http://www.guidetofootballmanager.com/tactics/tactical-styles

It's kind of appealing, but do you find it any good?

What do you do regarding TI's after you identify your best assets? How do you adapt width and other settings?

For instance: building the team aroung a target man > play narrower? around a winger > play wider?

Thanks!

The article you listed is seems to be a  pretty good summary (through my quick skim through). Though one word of note it is intended for FM2015, so parts of it may be a little out of date. There are plenty of threads within this tactics forum though that can help you set up your team. A link to some of the best ones are here.

How you've talked about setting up your team is good start though, definitely trying to get the best out of your best players is always going to help your team go onto success. Though, whilst you are doing this in the short-term, it is still good to have a clear vision on how you want your team and tactics to develop over a longer period of time. 

They're quite general, there's no "use X+Y+Z" and get WINS.  Even the guides posted here make clear the tactic created is just an example, it depends on your players and there's lots of combinations that can work.

You need to decide what those "star" players need to succeed.  At this point don't worry about telling them to play narrower / wider, you need your basic plan.  How are you going to defend, how are you going to attack and does the transition between them work?  That should help you pick your mentality, team shape, roles and duties.  Instructions can be done once you've seen your team actually play to modify from that base.

Archived