Feature request. International

fly_congoboy98

Hey guys, I have some ideas on what would make FM17 a great game especially when managing a national team. Ever seen a fantastic young player who is eligible for more than 1 country, however his preference is to play for another nation. E.g. I was managing Ireland in one of my saves and there was a talented youth play called Adam Collins who was born in London but could represent Ireland. Whenever I tried to call him up he would reject it. A feature that would be great is the ability to persuade players to switch allegiances and play for other countries that they are eligible for. Any thoughts? You can persuade him that he wouldn't get as many caps or whatever for a different country or he can become a legend etc. In addition it would be great to be able to interact with a player even after they reject you so you can try build a relationship with them so eventually they can change their mind (also, you can use the media and speak to the players agent) or get them not to accept another call-up. Plus you can get a member of the current team with a high rep (e.g. shay given) to try and talk them into switching nations

15 hours ago, fly_congoboy98 said:

Hey guys, I have some ideas on what would make FM17 a great game especially when managing a national team. Ever seen a fantastic young player who is eligible for more than 1 country, however his preference is to play for another nation. E.g. I was managing Ireland in one of my saves and there was a talented youth play called Adam Collins who was born in London but could represent Ireland. Whenever I tried to call him up he would reject it. A feature that would be great is the ability to persuade players to switch allegiances and play for other countries that they are eligible for. Any thoughts? You can persuade him that he wouldn't get as many caps or whatever for a different country or he can become a legend etc. In addition it would be great to be able to interact with a player even after they reject you so you can try build a relationship with them so eventually they can change their mind (also, you can use the media and speak to the players agent) or get them not to accept another call-up. Plus you can get a member of the current team with a high rep (e.g. shay given) to try and talk them into switching nations

Good idea - this happens in reality no matter how much FAs try to keep it under wraps.

11 minutes ago, fly_congoboy98 said:

Nah mate, not in the game

No, what you mean is you haven't seen it.

Pretty sure you can speak to duel nationality players and try to talk them into representing your country.  I'm sure I've seen it in some previous versions.

1 hour ago, Cougar2010 said:

No, what you mean is you haven't seen it.

Pretty sure you can speak to duel nationality players and try to talk them into representing your country.  I'm sure I've seen it in some previous versions.

Nah mate, just checked fm15 and 16, you can interact with them and say i like your form etc... but you can't persuade them to accept a call-up

• 3 months later...

Archived