Computer Teams get fatigued

I know it may be my tactics, still new to the game but...

when you manage lower league teams  there are runs of fixtures that go Sat, Tues,Sat,Tues etc. Now with a small squad, by the 4th game I I find I'm fielding my  least bad formation & I usually lose.

Now what I would like to be reassured is that the computer controlled teams are also fielding tired players playing out of position in these fixtures also so I can focus on how I stop this particular rot.

Is this taken in to account?

Thanks

I find the AI is not great at resting players, and in many a game I'll see opposition players down to 50% condition, or less. AI managers also have a habit of starting players that are at low condition.

Regarding the Saturday, Tuesday games, one thing I find helps is to set each player to rest for a day after the match. Just right click, open training and select rest for 1 day. You may still have to rotate a little if you have a few weeks in a row with two fixtures.

Make sure you keep players' match fitness up as well. If they're not match fit then they'll tire quicker, and run a greater risk of injury.

If you can get in players that are very versatile then that will also help a lot at  that level. By versatile I mean players that can cover a number of positions. It's often more important than their stats. For my team, I have been looking at a player that can play anywhere across the midfield. His stats  aren't great, but that versatility will be very important to cover injuries.

I've learned to stop fearing the condition %age. I'm currently doing an experiment where I manage a very lower (L13) league amateur club with the condition that I never bring in a player and only use the kids that come through my academy.

I currently have a full squad of 17 players, 4 of whom are injured. Many have stamina of 4 or less. I just played a cup match where after 90 minutes most of the squad were below 40% condition. Then I realised we were going into extra time. By the end one of the lads was at 25%. 

None of my players have sustained match injuries as a result of fatigue, nor due to low condition between matches. I can't honestly see any clear evidence of play being affected by low condition either, so my advice is ignore those scary-looking red numbers.

Archived