[Suggestion] Random Events

ClemB

After playing the game for about 8 years, i'm not going to lie, it feels sometimes repetitive. So I wish there was an option at the creation of the game called random event.

If ticked, the game would generate diverse totally random events. Here are a few ideas

- Leagues or clubs rebranding (New sponsor, new name, etc)

- Club bankruptcy 

- Match fixing (Not going to happen I know)

- Clubs adding or deleting reverse or youth teams 

- Player sudden retirement (due to personal or health reasons)

- League expansions (A-League and MLS)

- Nations golden generations (Belgium IRL) or Infrastructures Advancement (Iceland)

Those are a few ideas but i'm sure there are many other random events that could bring more dynamism, realism and fun to the game. 

- Rebranding, would be good, but I suppose not plausible, for instance, today you got "English Premier Division" instead of "Barclays Premier League" (for FM16).

- Bankruptcy, realistically this happens (but would be happening seldom in the big leagues, however more often down the ranks)

- Nope.

- In most cases, if a club advances up through the divisions, along the way they could get a youth team, yeah.

- Does happen, players announce their retirement due to injury problems, even though they're fairly young.

- Won't happen due to licensing issues.

- Interesting, but would be hard to implement in a realistic way, I suppose.

For the golden generations isn't that just like in real life where a nation happens by chance to get a group of top players all playing at the same time? Randomness is clumpy so if this is not happening in the game are you saying that the game is perhaps not random enough in how it produces newgens?

I like the idea of random events though. You do get a few things like newgen players suddenly getting drastic personality changes, either positive or negative, due to 'off field events' but these aren't really described so perhaps that is an area that could be expanded?

• 3 months later...

Archived