Starting from Scratch Game Mode?

KF1990

The possibility of this is probably very bleak but think it would add a whole new way and enjoyment of playing FM. 

If there was to be a new game mode where you basically start from nothing. You can apply to be a manager for all youth and reserve clubs and have to take your qualifications. This time you would actually have to have some knowledge to pass your qualifications i.e you actually sit an exam with 10 questions for example and have a 80% pass mark target after studying from information provided. 

I feel this would actually feel like a career in the sense that you are improving your knowledge on tactics and training methods via the qualification tests and gaining experience at the lowest level while trying to build a rep. You could even have the opportunity to be a caretaker manager when the senior team manager has been sacked. This could also help with improving your reputation to land a better job. 

Obviously something like this would be a lot of work so not expecting it anytime soon but do think it would be a good direction to take FM. 

• 3 weeks later...

I dont understand your point? Starting unemployed could be an option? Sitting a test? Not sure this is the right way forward. I have enough Uni work as it is. Sitting exams on FM is the last thing I want. I get what youre trying to say though. You want to start from the bottom, perhaps manage as a caretaker for a few games or weeks. I think this will probably mean another game mode, and dont think it is in SI's current plans. I mean, the ME needs plenty of work, so does AI squad management, along with media and AI behaviour in general. Last thing we need is a new game mode, before the key game fundamentals are improved on. 

• 2 months later...

Archived