Help/advice needed

The end of season slide has started and I’m looking for advice about what to do about it.

It’s 2024 and this is my 2nd season with Man Utd.  Last season we lead the prem for most of the season only to finish badly and lose the title to Chelsea by 6 pts.

This season again we have been 1st for most of the time, but in the previous 5 games we have W1 D1 L3.  This follows 13 matches with a record of W12 D1.  There are 7 games left starting with an away game at Chelsea who lead us by 3 pts, we have a better GD. 

Question is what can I do about it.  Even in the last 5 games we have played well, dominating possession, shots, SOT etc, morale is still good.  I don’t just want to plod on, finish 2nd again and put it down to bad luck at the wrong time again. 

So any/all advice, suggestions, comments are welcome.

Thanks

Just a wild guess, but I am thinking it could be motivational or fitness levels?  Do you need to hold a team meeting and keep them focused?  Are they just sitting back thinking the league is won and not bothering to turn up?  Adjust training schedules to give a bit more of a break between matches or more focus on fitness training?

I think you may need to pay more attention to moral and mental attributes towards the end of season as well as fitness.  I often have the same trend starting, but I mix things up by rotating players more (bringing in fringe first team players to give them game time and rest my star players) also ensuring that under performing players know they are a problem by team talks and individual talks in order to stop the rot.

Archived