4-3-3 Tiki Taka (2-3-2-2-1)

Hi every body, I'm italian and I'd like to create a powerful tikitaka tactic.

My idea it's to see an aggressive team who press a lot and take the control of the game and that looks always for the space to play with.

So, short pass etc... 

I'm actually struggling because I have to find my good setup.

Does someone could help me in this project?

I'll put pics here to le you see the role i've been chosen.

Sorry 4 my bad english :)

Please, help me! :)

2uyhztj.jpg

20160929085823_1.jpg

So my idea is to have one defender that play the ball.

My halfback that cover and play simple but he does not press too much to stay on his position, one box to box tha push up higher, one AP one the left that give space for my left wing back that go up in this space and one DLPalymaker that let ball go around.

Here's my tactic

6ykuhw.jpg

So they press more but my trhee advanced player press up really heavy while defender and winger less.

All the team play simple to put the ball on feet. 

All the team has to mark tight.

My box to box it's move into channels, move up high on the picth.

If u want i put every single instrucion I gave to my players.

To play that game your defenders must be really strong, position, aggressive jumping reach and also fast.

It was for fm15 but there was a really good thread about tiki taka that went into some depth. 

http://://community.sigames.com/topic/339273-tiki-taka-at-a-waypoint-evolution-or-revolution-ahead/

I have taken aspects from this thread (and others) and worked them into my own tiki taka-esq tactic with some satisfying results. 

14 minutes ago, Shameless1 said:

I also have a doubt about philosophy.

Stuctured or fluid?

Cause I would like that my players do what i want buta also i want to see compact lines.

This!

I have been back and forward on this since the release of FM16... 

22 minutes ago, Shameless1 said:

I also have a doubt about philosophy.

Stuctured or fluid?

Cause I would like that my players do what i want buta also i want to see compact lines.

6 minutes ago, Chrisis said:

This!

I have been back and forward on this since the release of FM16... 

Team Shape alters vertical compactness - the distance between your strikers and defenders.  You can also use Team Instructions to change this and (to an extent) Mentality.

Mentality will alter the defensive line, and so the space between your defence and midfield.  Of course there are other things that mentality changes which you may or may not desire.

With Team Instructions, Shorter Passing and Retain Possession will bring your players closer together, as will changing the height of the defensive line.  Note that Shorter Passing also reduces tempo, whereas Retain Possession reduces both passing length and risky passes.

Alternatively, using a more Fluid Team Shape will bring the lines closer and adding in the Be More Disciplined TI can help to reduce the unwanted creative freedom that a more Fluid system also brings - although possibly not to the extent that the OP is after.

Thansk...Infatc how many players of fm I arrive having a good possession but really a sterile possession footbal that I don't want.

I would like to see interactive movement between players. I mean every time my players should have at least 2 option pass.

But for now it's really diffcult. In a fluid system a false nine in my tactic I mean does not work well cause he looks for space but this mean that he will go out from his position, so, or i change him his role o i was thinking to change my philosophy to structured.

The problem with my tactis is lack of space. Maybe it's also because they have to learn this tactic and since i have a lot of doubt i go in trouble,

Maybe a DLF on support duty is better for now. I'd like to see he drop down while my IF go inside and my box to box go forward and my wide players has the space to go forward also.

And for now it's diffcult for me

I know that retain possession alter the short pass to shorten and also an high defensive line alter the pressing style.  SO how to be compact having space to play?

U know barca (with guardiola) aplied a very high pressing, with shorter pass into the free space with a lot of moviment without the ball.

Busquet like an halfbreak with the central defenders that in construction go wide. 

Dani alves that push up, xavi that around his position playing the ball and iniesta that  played like an advanced playmaker with messi as false 9 (but i'd like to have someone like suarez) and two inside forward cutting inside.

So, i have my clear idea in my mind but i don't arrive to play how I wish on football manager.

You mention Guardiola, so perhaps have a think about what the man himself says? - The first two thirds of the pitch are his, the final third is for his players.  In other words, play in a structured manner until the final attacking third where individual player brilliance takes over.

So consider what type of player could help with this - for example someone with great Flair, Off the Ball movement, Dribbling, perhaps complimentary PPMs as well.

Then think about mentality and team shape - perhaps Structured to help your players focus on their roles and duties but at the cost of a slight modification to creative freedom (Flair).  Perhaps Flexible would be a better solution.  The Control mentality makes more defensive players pass shorter to help build attacks from the back before getting the ball to the more attack minded players who will play in a more direct manner, which their Flair, Off the Ball and so on could help with.

Player roles and Duties play an important part so it'll be worth your time to read through the default Player Instructions each role comes with and consider whether your players have the necessary attributes to cope with those default PIs.  For example, an Inside Forward is set to dribble more by default, so having a player with a low Dribbling attribute set as an IF might be a bad idea.

Next, in terms of Team Instructions, try not using any to begin with (or perhaps just one or two key ones) to see how your team actually plays without this burden.  Adjust from there as you see fit - perhaps they're not pressing aggressively enough; maybe they are wasting possession by trying to hit too many long balls; and so on.  Perhaps they're actually playing as you want them to without loads of TIs !

Finally, put finishing touches (if you think any are needed) to individual player instructions.  Maybe your goalkeeper is kicking the ball long too often; or you feel one of your wingbacks is attempting too many crosses; perhaps an inside forward isn't using space effectively and you want him to roam more.  Remember to use PIs sparingly - if you set too many for one player, you might be using the wrong role/duty in the first place.

Thanks a lot for this answer, really :)

So, I think to start with a flexible philosophy.

Let's start from there.

Then, I have to think about the defensive strategy.

High lines and a lot of pressing to catch the ball.

Play out of defence because i wanna build from my defence.

So, my defender must be aggressive and at least one of them must be  fast.

My half break must not press a lot since he has to cover and stay on his position.

The two midfielder:

One stay on his position and play the ball and the other one play the ball moves into the channels and go forward.

My Wingback, one cut inside while the inside forward go forward and on the other side my wing back go forward while my inside forward stay to support and  on attack i want my dlf on support.

What u think? :)

Ps: if i put here my players...could u help me to find the best for my team? I mean...understanding why :)

I wanna try a different approach now. I will put my players on theirs best position and then try to give a good tactical balance, maybe I was too fixed with my tactical idea that i asked to my players to play in a way they can't. 

I will read what my assistant will tell me. Do u know how to ask his opinion about the formation?

Here is a very well designed and most importantly explained Tiki-Taka tactic based on Pep Guardiola style. This author has been creating such tactics for the last few editions of FM and it's pretty much spot on as much as the Match Engine allows.

http://www.passion4fm.com/football-manager-barcelona-tiki-taka-tactics-emulating-pep-guardiolas-positional-play/

It's interesting to note the authors use of closing down. He has gone for more individual approach as opposed to team approach in terms of the instruction. I must say though that his tactic is the best explained tactic I've ever seen, so make sure to read all of it very well. It will help you understand why the tactic works with these sets of of Team and Player Instructions. Also it will give an idea how to adjust it as your save progresses and how to perhaps improve it or put your own twist to it.

Good luck

Hi thanks, I know this article, i have been reading it several times, but  you can't load the tactic on fm 2016, don't know why...however i have a lot of problem understanding the relationship between two roles.

Example:

IF in support with a FB in attack

or a winger in support with a fullback on defence.

Now i'm tryinh to pick my players in their best position but i'm unsure of this approach.

I have done something like 2-3-2-3 like, really but i was taking a lot of goals on the flank with a simply counter so i tried to change something but did not work. 

1 hour ago, Shameless1 said:

I dont understand why they use opponents instructions for mark etc when u can give to your team the same instructions.  Maybe it's 4 exasperate the pressing? 

It's to help you target specific players or positions over and above what Team Instructions can do.  For example, no Team Instruction can tell your team to show a specific player onto their weaker foot to help prevent crosses - Opposition Instructions can do this.  Likewise no Team Instruction can target only a specific player with hard tackling: the TI can only tell your entire team to tackle everyone on the opposition team harder, whereas the OI will target a specific individual.

I would however advise caution when using Opposition Instructions.  Setting too many may lead to your team losing defensive shape and structure by moving too far away from your chosen tactical settings.

Yes but...if i set every one to mark tight i don't know if i will really loose my team shape. However I think that a lot of fm players misunderstand the pressing settings (me too). Isaw in mine tactics that if i press and set mark tight on oi my team seems to change the way he plays in better. So i get in trouble. Every time ahaha. I had really did a 3232 really similar to fm4passion but i did not set oi. I will try now to create a high pressure sistem wich mixed or direct pass to get Quickly on target. Really there are a lot of things in fm that i love but i would like to experiment learning how to read statistics and heat maps :)

Archived