More staff roles

Boler

A football club has more staff than just coaches, scouts and physios, it's built up of Doctors, scientist and kit men. It would be great edition to to game, if we could have a club doctor who gives you a more in depth look at a players health or football analyst to help show new users with pro zone. I think these field would give much more depth to the game. 

From the teaser video, it seems that you'll have some sort of data analyst, atleast.

Fwiw, I'd say that a doctor would be a good addition, but only for "big" clubs, I doubt it if a 3rd tier team in Denmark or Norway has a full time doctor on the payroll..
The kit manager, although quite important irl, doesn't really have his (or hers) spot in FM, so that would be purely cosmetic. Not sure what you mean by "scientist" though..

Maybe even the number of coaches should be slightly reduced (number of coaches vs. number of first team staff overall doesn't always correspond to rl numbers, atleast it seems so to me sometimes.)

They could even just be greyed-out unclickable but still listed people like the chairman. Examples could be the groundskeeper, kit man, the fan coordinator or whoever that guy is who emails you sometimes, etc. It's kind of unnecessary data space, but is a nice touch that, if nothing else, I'm sure it would make those real life people happy to be listed haha

Tbh I was a little annoyed when I saw in the video there's even more staff roles. Are you really looking forward to having to hire even more staff to make the best out of your team? I'm not...

Sure you can just leave it to the assman or play FMT or something, but in my opinion this falls into the tedious, unnecessary parts of FM; it's one of those things that you don't feel right delegating to some other staff because you won't be making the most of your team, yet it's spectacularly boring to offer new contracts to 15 members of your staff one-by-one. I know because I did that just yesterday (admitedly on FM15, can't remember whether that was a little more streamlined and easier on FM16 or not).

I think that it should be a little more "real", as in that the manager should only have to hire those he'd work closely with, like coaches, and maybe scouts/physios, and that the board (or other designated person) should be responsible for more roles, like I presume it is irl.

I don't believe that Luciano Spalletti has full control of the contracts of all the primavera coaching staff at Roma, nor all of the medical dept. Realistically, I'd say that a head coach/manager should hire/fire his assistant, and maybe the first team coaches, and then he/she should of course have a say with regards to the scouting team, the physios/doctors (or other medical staff), the "behind-the-scenes"-staff (data analyst, kit manager etc.) and youth coaching team (especially HOYD and head coach for reserves/youth team), but that most of these, and other staff, should really be handled (by default) by other directors or so, at least at fairly large clubs. Small clubs shouldn't have a huge staff section anyway, so there it would make more sense that an "omnipotent" manager should have a bit more to say.

• 2 months later...

Archived