[Suggestion] More granular instructions for players for DOF to sign

Gangor

Currently you can instruct your DOF to sign players for the first team or prospects for the future. I would quite like to be able to ask him to sign "loan players without fees and with wages below £1000 to strengthen the first team" or "free transfer players under 23 with potential to develop in the future" etc etc. I would do this by using a similar UI as currently used for scouting but with the difference that the DOF would actively try to sign players within the given constraints.

And that you could talk to him and specify what kind of players you need, so you'll agree that he'll try to get a CD or a GK, because that's what the team needs, instead of him signing whatever player he founds fit.

30 minutes ago, Maaka said:

And that you could talk to him and specify what kind of players you need, so you'll agree that he'll try to get a CD or a GK, because that's what the team needs, instead of him signing whatever player he founds fit.

You can already do that can't you, at least to some degree.

You can ask him for specific positions & roles with different options for transfer/free transfer/bosman/unattached.  From that he gives you max three and you instruct him to try to sign any individual player.

9 hours ago, Cougar2010 said:

You can already do that can't you, at least to some degree.

You can ask him for specific positions & roles with different options for transfer/free transfer/bosman/unattached.  From that he gives you max three and you instruct him to try to sign any individual player.

Yes, but I'd like to talk to him, say at the start of a transfer window, where "we" identify the parts of the squad that needs strengthening, and then he focuses on those parts (ideally in cooperation with the head scout). More of a general instruction to the DoF than what we have today.

6 hours ago, Maaka said:

Yes, but I'd like to talk to him, say at the start of a transfer window, where "we" identify the parts of the squad that needs strengthening, and then he focuses on those parts (ideally in cooperation with the head scout). More of a general instruction to the DoF than what we have today.

Agreed.  They make conversation windows for other interactions so why not this.

You can have meetings with staff to set certain club management parameters or you can go into the menu and set all your preferences from there.

Something like this is no different.  Yeah, all the tools are there.  But you kind of have to use your imagination to fill in the blanks of how it all happened which loses the immersion.

If you want fluidity you can use a menu, if you want immersion you have a conversation.

Manager's manage people, not menus.  So wherever possible those interactions should be included.

• 2 months later...

Archived