Training Engine

FurkanMumcu

Hey people !

I came up with an idea while comparing two of my wingers for an important match. It's just an idea, but I really want to know what you guys think. I'll try to explain with my best.

Here is how it works;

Manager (player) sets up a training session for the whole team or few players that are picked. When we proceed to training, 3d or 2d engine loads and we see a training ground with players.

We start giving tasks such as dribbling, shooting etc and watch them doing it live against the keepers/defenders we picked. Reading stats does give us plenty of information about players when it comes to comparing but watching how they react in match engine might change our decisions. 

I honestly don't know how exactly the game calculates players stats vs opponents and I'm guessing its complicated considering this is also about how my entire team plays vs opponents tactics and team quality. If such mode can give manager additional info, this might be considered as a cool idea. It also adds some value in role-play aspect of the game.

What do you think??

You're not alone.  There's a few people who've all thrown up a similar concept for a training tool for helping visualise your work.  Not to be confused with training for attribute improvement.

Stats are all well and good but I totally get where you're coming from when you can actually see how much of a difference it makes.  People might say you can see the difference when you watch the games but there's not much way you can make visual comparisons unless you wait for identical scenarios to appear and then record them.

Things as simple as being able to see how the relationship between pace and acceleration would help too.  To have players with contrary Pace and Acceleration and see them make a run side by side would really help me make up my mind because I'm sure there'll be occasions when I'll be needlessly cautious due to a low attribute when I don't actually realise how dramatic a difference it would really make.

The questions I would ask are:

A) Do you watch matches in 2d, 3d or commentary only?

B) What highlight level do you use?

C) Do you change the speed of the highlights?

D) How many matches on average do you play in an hour?

SI I'm pretty sure could visualise training but how often would it be used by the userbase?  The many that fly through matches I doubt would give it more than a brief look leaving it to the minority who focus heavily on tactics.

You can already book friendlies while I could see that extended to some sort of training pitch inter squad match but I doubt we'll see anything more than that.

I've seen you do this in other threads Cougar.  Can we avoid a discussion about how best to play the game and simply focus on someone's suggestion which is adding something for people to use in the game please?

All the things you could possibly generate in a "training tool" can already be seen generated in matches (friendly or otherwise), I stated as much in my first reply.  

But that being said, you would still have to wait for similar or identical scenarios to emerge in order to draw comparison. Which leaves you with the option of trying to trawl through highlights of previous matches to watch them back to back, or simply going by memory (which is flawed).

Off the top of my head, being able to generate scenarios has the benefit of being able to dry run your approach in very specific scenarios like set pieces and get an approximation of how it could look,  and draw direct comparisons between players and instructions in given situations.

Remember, clubs don't just use training sessions to improve attributes of individuals.  They try things in training all the time.

10 minutes ago, borivoje213 said:

I've seen you do this in other threads Cougar.  Can we avoid a discussion about how best to play the game and simply focus on someone's suggestion which is adding something for people to use in the game please?

I am focussing on the suggestion ffs.

When considering a suggestion you need to look at the pros & cons and how it affects the users.

How people play the game is relevant as those who play through quickly are unlikely to be interested in this suggestion while even those who take more time may not use the function much past the a few looks.

How many times would you honestly use it before you got bored?

I'm looking at the pros and cons of how it affects users too.

It benefits people who want to use it as a tool, it saves them time and gives the benefits I listed. 

It doesn't affect and would intrude on those who's playing style it wouldn't suit.

Just like nearly every other feature in the game is designed to be neutral and there to exploit further if you wish.

Just now, borivoje213 said:

I'm looking at the pros and cons of how it affects users too.

It benefits people who want to use it as a tool, it saves them time and gives the benefits I listed. 

It doesn't affect and would intrude on those who's playing style it wouldn't suit.

Just like nearly every other feature in the game is designed to be neutral and there to exploit further if you wish.

So you are allowed to give your opinion but you don't like me giving mine?

The question isn't does it benefit those that want to use it, the question is would it be of enough interest to the community for SI to invest resources into it.

There are several threads that have suggested a similar feature and people have expressed support.

Perhaps it's only me that read your reply as dismissive and condescending and I'm sorry if I misread your intentions.

But people who fly through games and highlights without any consideration wouldn't be asking for a feature like this. 

15 minutes ago, borivoje213 said:

There are several threads that have suggested a similar feature and people have expressed support.

Perhaps it's only me that read your reply as dismissive and condescending and I'm sorry if I misread your intentions.

But people who fly through games and highlights without any consideration wouldn't be asking for a feature like this. 

Yes you did misread my post & I'll leave it at that.

The thread you suggested is the one with the most discussion in it about this type of feature so I'll link it below.

From my observation from friends who play FM ( I really have many ), I really observed some people do not even care about the training tab in the game. They mostly track players based on their ratings. They automate trainings by leaving it to assistants.

But some do enjoy to see players improve the way they want and take care of their most players. I personally do.

Let me ask a question, do you think players would be more interested in training if it was visualized?

And this wasn't even my actual request. Maybe I wasn't able to express myself.

All I'm saying is I wanna know how good C. Ronaldo can shoot from different spots and distances vs another player in match engine (2d/3d). Test Neymar vs Suarez on One on One situations. See how my defenders react vs a fast/big striker. You can say " check their stats " and thats what we all doing right now.

Just throwing ideas guys...

• 2 months later...

Archived