[Suggestion] "I told you so" comments to ex players

nomisz

We have all sold players only to see them become unhappy within a few months at their new club as they're not playing any first team football. I just sold Sime Vrsaljko to Spurs only for him to have 3 substitute appearances in late October. 

What I want is opportunity to comment on this in press conferences to make a professional "Hah, I told you so" comment towards him. It sucks to lose key players only to see them on the fringes in their new clubs.

17 hours ago, Weston said:

Haha nice. In general I do think interpersonal relationships and comments could be expanded upon.

Are you playing as Sassuolo?

No managed to poach him to HSV in 2nd season, lost him at the start of the 3rd after some great performances and I agree, interpersonal relationships need to be better. After a player leaves it's like he's never played for the club, the only times there is any kind of interaction between the ex player and club is when he's playing against your team or when he's an icon or fan favourite and is making comments about your bad/good form.

7 hours ago, borivoje213 said:

Perhaps also the option to use past players as examples to discourage those approaching the manager for a transfer and make them reconsider.

Yes that definitely needs to be an option. 

6 hours ago, Gangor said:

What gameplay function would it have apart from being satisfying the human player?

It's just one little thing that should be added to make the game more realistic, and seeing as it's a little thing it shouldn't be hard to include.

12 hours ago, nomisz said:

It's just one little thing that should be added to make the game more realistic, and seeing as it's a little thing it shouldn't be hard to include.

Sorry, I should have said, "what affect would it have on the game world?" - I'm not trying to say that it shouldn't be added, but I wanted to figure out what would actually happen under the hood when you say "I told you so" to a former player. 

7 hours ago, Gangor said:

Sorry, I should have said, "what affect would it have on the game world?" - I'm not trying to say that it shouldn't be added, but I wanted to figure out what would actually happen under the hood when you say "I told you so" to a former player. 

It could be a part of pointing out to your own players who want to leave to bigger clubs that they may not play as much if they sign for a new club.

8 hours ago, Gangor said:

I would have thought it would lower the manager's professionalism stats, probably also enhance his reputation with the media given that they'd love that story

definitely a +1 here

Just some further food for thought here.  The OP states they want to make a "professional ha I told you so" comment.  But isn't that a contradiction in terms?  Wouldn't that sort of comment actually be completely unprofessional?

And then what about possible consequences of the comment?  Anything said to the press has consequences somewhere else - comments are not just stand alone things that have no impact on anything.  Clearly the player in question wouldn't be happy, but perhaps some of your players may also not be happy at either their Manager's unprofessionalism and/or bad comments about someone who may be their friend.  Maybe the player's new club and manager wouldn't be impressed, which might have a bad knock on effect to any potential future transfers you try to make with them.  Perhaps your own Board wouldn't be happy.

Perhaps some overkill there, but unprofessionalism and consequences are something to think about.

On 09/10/2016 at 17:23, herne79 said:

Just some further food for thought here.  The OP states they want to make a "professional ha I told you so" comment.  But isn't that a contradiction in terms?  Wouldn't that sort of comment actually be completely unprofessional?

And then what about possible consequences of the comment?  Anything said to the press has consequences somewhere else - comments are not just stand alone things that have no impact on anything.  Clearly the player in question wouldn't be happy, but perhaps some of your players may also not be happy at either their Manager's unprofessionalism and/or bad comments about someone who may be their friend.  Maybe the player's new club and manager wouldn't be impressed, which might have a bad knock on effect to any potential future transfers you try to make with them.  Perhaps your own Board wouldn't be happy.

Perhaps some overkill there, but unprofessionalism and consequences are something to think about.

Shouldn't it be the manager's choice if he wants to be unprofessional? Just like the manager can storm out of every press conference he wants.

• 2 months later...

Archived