4-5-1 suggest

Hello !!!

I need some opinion about my tactic.

This is my tactic and my instruction...

Capture.png

n_n.png

I have with this team some  hot-cold results.  I didn't satisfied. I want to play attacking dominant game again lower team ( Stoke, WBA Sunderland Everton ) and  want securing 3 points in that match. 

When I playing away against Stoke Everton etc...  playing control fluid. When playing home attacking fluid. Against ManUtd ,Arsenal etc.. Counter flexibile / structure....

Can you give me advice what is wrong with my tactic and instruction when playing home and away...

First think of how you want to defend. In attacking phase you overload the wings, your DM is going a bit forward, your AP is moving forward, you got two IF who are getting a bit forward and you got a BBM who will be all over the place and in attack trying to get into the box. Additionally, youre WB(A) are also at front. So while you are attacking at least 7 players are quite high up the pitch.

Secondly roaming from position is kind of a neck breaker for solid structure. Rather use it as a PI than a TI (especially if you are not a top5 club EU, you players will use the freedom poorly).

Also, you're center upfront looks like a mess, the AP will push, the BBM support and the CF drop, while the IF while go slightly forward. Basically five players will be forming a line with no depth to get further into the final third.

My Suggestions: Switch the Striker role to something more attacking, so he will be higher up the pitch, so the IF have someone they can play the ball to. Switch the Duty of the DM to D to balance your formation a bit out. Reconsider the BBM role, give him maybe more of a sitter Role (CM). BBM is going extremly places and you might want to have a midfielder you players can recycle the ball to. Maybe increase your width slightly, so the center will not be so clustered and you wide players will have more space.

How do you want your team to play?  You've got some strange combinations going on:

1. using a playmaker but then telling team to exploit the flanks?  Why have a playmaker if you want the ball going to the flanks?
  2. attacking (very risky) but then slowing tempo, keep possession, play out of defence (will already be very short passing due to attacking mentality, check the play instructions screen) but then pass into space.  So your asking them to be risky, but keep the ball, but pass into space.... i'd be confused as hell how to do that as a player.
  3. You have two attacking wingbacks but no consistent cover for them with a AP-A, BBM-S (who will roam) and a DM-S who will support attacks, especially if your on a risky team mentality.  Fluid team shape makes them play closer to the team mentality anyway even as defend duty.

Theres lots of things you could do, it really depends on the style you want to play.  "attacking dominant game" isn't really a style, the game i'm playing atm is has a very attacking style of football but uses Standard Mentality.  I'd recommend reading the FAQs and Guides. Cleon has guide specifically for attacking.  Have a read of Lines and Diamonds, specifically parts 5 and 6 to give you an idea defensive + attacking styles and what is required to do them.

You'll get countered all the time and punished this way. At least one of your wingback should be on defend/support (but better defend). Your DM should be on defend duty. And I think you should close down a bit less, because you'll still be exposed to counter attacks, if your defending players will be dragged out of position even more you'll concede too much.

I get your idea, you'd like your forward players to chase down opposition, but 'closing down more' applies to everyone, not just them unless you employ personal instructions too.

Archived