Starting Manager Reputation (and also beta to full game transition)

Hi all, pre purchased my copy of FM 17, its a way of life for me, and the excitement that kicks in from now until release feels ridiculous for a guy who just turned 30 over a video game....but i will never change when it comes to Football Manager :)

Anyways, thinking back to one of my saves last year i started as my favourite team Southend United, and i set my starting reputation as ''former professional footballer'' i believe, to cut the story short i was sacked in my first season and then managed to get the wolves job in the championship (odd). I found this unrealistic but i figure its to do with the reputation i selected at the start of the game.

Does anyone have a breakdown of what the starting reputations offer you in the game (in terms of initial job offers etc) as i found for me that it was unrealistic seeing as i was sacked in my first season by a league 1 team.

Also, is it the case again that beta saves can transfer across to the full release version? are there any teething problems if we do this or should any bugs etc be automatically corrected/fixed when the beta game carries over?

Roll on FM17 :D

4 minutes ago, Spurs_Q8 said:

best way  to start any game with real life reputation, and real life coaching qualifications.

Which doesn't really answer any of the questions, or really help.

9 minutes ago, sufcdan said:

Hi all, pre purchased my copy of FM 17, its a way of life for me, and the excitement that kicks in from now until release feels ridiculous for a guy who just turned 30 over a video game....but i will never change when it comes to Football Manager :)

Anyways, thinking back to one of my saves last year i started as my favourite team Southend United, and i set my starting reputation as ''former professional footballer'' i believe, to cut the story short i was sacked in my first season and then managed to get the wolves job in the championship (odd). I found this unrealistic but i figure its to do with the reputation i selected at the start of the game.

Does anyone have a breakdown of what the starting reputations offer you in the game (in terms of initial job offers etc) as i found for me that it was unrealistic seeing as i was sacked in my first season by a league 1 team.

Also, is it the case again that beta saves can transfer across to the full release version? are there any teething problems if we do this or should any bugs etc be automatically corrected/fixed when the beta game carries over?

Roll on FM17 :D

Reputations governs how you are seen in the gameworld.  When you say you started with Southend, I assume you meant you chose that at game start rather than being hired.  I would assume, being League One, that your reputation would be more than good enough for that.  I assume you didn't perform particularly well, and in those cases reputation isn't really going to save you.  Then you were offered the Wolves job because of your reputation, not your previous performance (reputation doesn't take a hit when you get sacked).

The higher your rep, the more the players are likely to listen to you, and the better jobs you'll get.  It's as close to a difficulty modifier as you'll get in the game.  It's possible to manage in the Premier League with a Sunday League rep, but it'll be extremely difficult.  Go with International rep and you'll have a much easier time of it no matter where you start.

Beta saves carry over.  Any bugs will be save-game compatible (unless otherwise stated) apart from data bugs.  They will need a new game to start.

On 10/13/2016 at 10:31, Spurs_Q8 said:

best way  to start any game with real life reputation, and real life coaching qualifications.

I don't see the options for "Crappy footballer" and "Wouldn't pass a qualification if I spent 10 years"

Realism is over-rated for some of us :)

Archived