Advanced rules FM 2017 editor - ask the experts

KUBI

• KUBI pinned this topic
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OYoVQYn.png

First of all I am trying to create lower divisions for the mexican league.

I  haven't found the part to change the playoff dates.

Im trying to use the advance rules but this always appears I am a newbie at this so any advice?

Ive just edited to kick in in 2040

set all aother dates to 0 likelyhood 

most of my old files are loading too in game:thup: by opening and saving in FM17 editor

but the big one doesnt for me:seagull: meaning I have to redo the whole european comps again

just hope SI have made that option easier 

update on the update by running a test on file it appears to be working saving me a lot of work:)

Reserve/youth league set up, how do set up the custom XML for outside England for somewhere like Northern Ireland? Because every year i try and fail. I'm trying mirror the current setup NIFL Premiership Development LeagueNIFL Championship North, NIFL Championship South

I'm guessing it is something like this "STARTING_EPPP_CATEGORY" "Arsenal" "1"

3 hours ago, kingrobbo said:

0bd856742102459efd72124661a6c78a.png

found this in advanced rules too Kubi and it refers to EU announcement so you can delay it for several years by the look of it in the editor

This is very hopeful, so how can I make this work? I'm waiting to use DanBHFC's 22-level file and I want Brexit banished. Do I

1. Make a tiny file that says 'Brexit to be announced in 2100'? and add it to Dan's and any other files when loading a new game?

2. Run Dan's file through the advanced editor (which I've never used) and make this tweak?

6 hours ago, QSF25 said:

OYoVQYn.png

First of all I am trying to create lower divisions for the mexican league.

I  haven't found the part to change the playoff dates.

Im trying to use the advance rules but this always appears I am a newbie at this so any advice?

5 hours ago, paddypower said:

I want to know this too

5 hours ago, kingrobbo said:

me too looking for it in advance rules cant find it yet

You need to fiddle around with the season end dates for the main stage, I've had that problem a few times and basically it doesn't have enough time between the last game of the normal season and the date you set as the end of season date.  You could push the end of season date later, or finish the league a bit earlier, or both, to fix this problem.  Either that, or in the advanced editor you can set specific dates for the last game of the season and the playoff dates.

Edit - in the past it hasn't been possible (if I remember correctly) to edit the playoff date in basic mode, so it sets them up automatically depending on the other dates.  Does that make sense? ... 

The problem with this seems to be that the editor only wants to assign match days to the day you set it for.

So for example if your main match day is Saturday at 15:00 then fixture rounds will only be on Saturdays. There's no obvious way for it to generate midweek fixtures, which most leagues will use in reality.

4 hours ago, kingrobbo said:

Ive just edited to kick in in 2040

set all aother dates to 0 likelyhood 

most of my old files are loading too in game:thup: by opening and saving in FM17 editor

but the big one doesnt for me:seagull: meaning I have to redo the whole european comps again

just hope SI have made that option easier 

update on the update by running a test on file it appears to be working saving me a lot of work:)

So how's it working out? And would it not be possible to just edit out all the nations, and add a nation, that the player wouldn't necessarily care about? San Marino or Belarus or something?

Or just set it to 100% chance in 2016, so you know from the start what the effects will be?

Following this thread closely, the possibility of removing the hard Brexit is a game breaker to me. I won't ask for a refund but definitely will leave a negative review if it comes out that it is impossible to control this Brexit thing.

1 minute ago, Dax_ said:

Following this thread closely, the possibility of removing the hard Brexit is a game breaker to me. I won't ask for a refund but definitely will leave a negative review if it comes out that it is impossible to control this Brexit thing.

It looks that it is possible to re-schedule the date for the Brexit. So if you set it to 2090 you won't see it in your game.

18 minutes ago, KUBI said:

It looks that it is possible to re-schedule the date for the Brexit. So if you set it to 2090 you won't see it in your game.

I'm trying some different possibilities at the moment, but my problem with that solution is, that I will only know if it works, by simulating all 10 seasons to make sure it doesn't come up. Right now I'm trying to make it 100% on being official in 2016, but without any luck so far. 

I think it's a super cool feature, I just hate that it's random. I like my foreign superstar regens, and that is how I enjoy the game. I don't get why they didn't make it optional, especially when Article 50 hasn't even been triggered yet.

Just now, cleaner475 said:

@KUBI - Surley as there is a little Enabled tickbox at the top right hand corner, you can just untick this and it's problem solved?

Someone did that with the result that he could not load the English leagues anymore.

Just now, KUBI said:

Someone did that with the result that he could not load the English leagues anymore.

Oh... well that doesn't sound good.

Perhaps instead, change the date the the announcement to July 2nd for example, then change the probably of this announcement being in 2016 to 100 and blank the other year values - then you would know what Brexit you will get two days into your save - meaning that if you get the version you don't want you can keep restarting until you do?

Just now, cleaner475 said:

Oh... well that doesn't sound good.

Perhaps instead, change the date the the announcement to July 2nd for example, then change the probably of this announcement being in 2016 to 100 and blank the other year values - then you would know what Brexit you will get two days into your save - meaning that if you get the version you don't want you can keep restarting until you do?

That is what I've been trying. It doesn't work, and I can't figure out why. I get no message about Britain leaving the EU of any sorts. 

Hello

I'm looking for someone who's good with the pre-game editor and are willing to help me.

I want it to be only one round (You play each team once instead of twice) in the the top league in following countries; Germany, France, Spain, England and Italy.  

If anyone could help me with that I'd be very grateful!

1 hour ago, KUBI said:

While this is good news, I want to be 100% sure on the procedure to do that, which is why I'm following the thread. I'd test myself but my PC is trash for simulating.

52 minutes ago, Briixx said:

I think it's a super cool feature, I just hate that it's random. I like my foreign superstar regens, and that is how I enjoy the game. I don't get why they didn't make it optional, especially when Article 50 hasn't even been triggered yet.

Oh, I completely agree. I'm not against it being in the game, I'm all against the fact that you can't disable it when it's not even guaranteed it'll happen at this point.

I've seen some very harsh answers from Miles when asked about this and they made me quite angry tbh. By this logic, let's put the 2022 WC to a random country because who knows, maybe Qatar will be stripped of it in the end...

1 minute ago, Dax_ said:

By this logic, let's put the 2022 WC to a random country because who knows, maybe Qatar will be stripped of it in the end...

This is already in the game. Because playing it in January would have needed a complete overhaul of league schedules.

So has anyone had some actual luck with disabling Brexit, or have some solution, so you know what will happen in the start of the game at least? Anything? I can't get it to work properly when editing the advanced rules apparently.

7 minutes ago, wiregn said:

Hello

I'm looking for someone who's good with the pre-game editor and are willing to help me.

I want it to be only one round (You play each team once instead of twice) in the the top league in following countries; Germany, France, Spain, England and Italy.  

If anyone could help me with that I'd be very grateful!

This is easy to change in the league settings, top - number of rounds, just set it to 1.

1 minute ago, Briixx said:

So has anyone had some actual luck with disabling Brexit, or have some solution, so you know what will happen in the start of the game at least? Anything? I can't get it to work properly when editing the advanced rules apparently.

It's obviously that this takes some time, as you have to run tests all the time.  Don't expect an answer that early.

4 minutes ago, KUBI said:

This is easy to change in the league settings, top - number of rounds, just set it to 1.

Ye I know, it should be easy but when Im testing my rules with england my editor crashes. Could you give it a try?

5 minutes ago, KUBI said:

It's obviously that this takes some time, as you have to run tests all the time.  Don't expect an answer that early.

Oh yeah of course, I just figured if someone had found out something interesting, they could share it. But they probably will anyway, without me asking :D I'm just holding off on starting a new game, if there is some fix for it. So yeah, I'm probably a bit too impatient :) 

13 minutes ago, KUBI said:

Wouldn't this have been part of the unit testing from whichever team implemented Brexit into the game? Couldn't one of the developers tell us? 

3 minutes ago, harree said:

I have no idea how to use this new editor

Can anyone help? How do i search for leagues and teams? It seems to make no sense...

Please read the sticky threads before posting, as most things are answered there.

You need to use the filters to search for competitions, teams, person, everything.

Just now, paddypower said:

Wouldn't this have been part of the unit testing from whichever team implemented Brexit into the game? Couldn't one of the developers tell us? 

No, because what we are doing is not officially supported in the game. It's editing.

Just now, KUBI said:

No, because what we are doing is not officially supported in the game. It's editing.

But when the developers were coding this, they'd need to negative test it  - i.e. make it so Brexit doesn't occur. I'm a software developer myself, this would be part of the basics in testing. I'm 100% sure the developers who implemented Brexit could give us this answer very simply if someone had the ability to contact them. 

Just now, harrycarrie said:

So if you set it to 2100, you can't select the league in the league select menu, but if you already have England selected, you can load a game fine. Gonna sim and see if Brexit is implemented within the 7 years it states. Or if it just crashes.

It can happen within 10 years not only 7.

23 minutes ago, KUBI said:

This is already in the game. Because playing it in January would have needed a complete overhaul of league schedules.

Oh, actually I thought it was set to be in December.

Either way, well I'm sorry but this is hilarious then. The world cup happening in Qatar is still a scheduled event (so far), if you really want to be super-realistic you can still make a % chance of it happening or not...  but wasting hours of manwork for a "forced, random Brexit system" baffles me...

anyway, as long as I can postpone this I'm good

2 minutes ago, harrycarrie said:

Ah just the settings in editor run from 2019 to 2026.

So you have set it to year 2100 that Brexit will happen in-game, and are now simming for 10 years to see if it has worked? Just to understand the test you are making :D

Hey

Im trying to change number of rounds in a league during a season from 2 to 1 . Spain and Italy worked like a charm but England makes my editor crash and Germany and France gives me this error: "FC Girondins de Bordeaux have played more than the max number of games in stage 0 of Ligue 1" In the german case its Dortmund instead of FC Girondins de Bordeaux.

Does anyone know how to solve this? I would be super happy if anyone could help me or give it a try! 

Archived