Pre-Pruchase Expiry?

Hey all,

Not exactly sure who to contact, but figured I'd bring it up on here.  I've been waiting for the announcement for FM17 features before committing to pre-purchasing and getting my 20% off.  I understood that there was a deadline of today to do so, but now Steam doesn't give me the money off, even though it was before midnight on Friday.

How exactly do I make the purchase?  Surely the "before midnight" wasn't specific to the UK?  Being from the UK but living and working in the US I figured I'd be good.

10 minutes ago, FrazT said:

THis is from the release date thread and is quite specific:

"This pre-purchase offer is available until 11.59 GMT on Friday 14th October "

Ah.  Seems arbitrary for the folks not in the UK though.  Suppose I should read acronyms more clearly than dates in the future.

Good to know my loyalty expires 5 hours sooner.  Never mind eh.  

That's standard, it's just that most Steam deal deadlines are published with a US time but it still means that if a deal ends at 23:59 Pacific it ends at 02:59 Eastern, 07:59 London & 17:59 Sydney.

Missed my 20% as well, mainly as I never read the date it expired and just kept putting it off.

The only bonus is that I can see if some of the changes to competitions are sorted correctly, but in all honesty, I never miss the beta period and I will be annoyed once it gets going :(

If only my teachers taught me to read :D

Archived