Torn - Full FAT FM or Touch? which to play

Hi all, i pre purchased my FM17 via steam but im torn what to start for my save game, the Full FAT FM or Touch

Even though Touch is a huuuuuuge advancement over mobile it doesnt offer all that the FAT Fm does, still like a water down version, but to play the FAT version i have to be sat at a PC the whole time i want to play :(

With Touch i can play it on my iPad on the go but feel like i will be missing out on the full FAT experience, anyone else feel like this?

PS Can we play FM Touch as soon as the beta goes live?

Just now, KUBI said:

Why don't you start two different saves? One with FM and one with FM touch?

I figure that is what i will probably end up doing, although i would rather concentrate on one save.

Maybe if i do the two saves, and find that im not really missing as much from the FAT version then i can just concentrate on FM Touch

I've always been a fan of the full version, I like the fully immersive experience... But at the end of the day it is just my opinion. 

I know some people like playing the BETA with FM touch so they can figure out the particularities in the match engine more effectively and then take what they have learned from the BETA and translate that across to a save on full FM once the main game comes out.

Each to their own I guess. 

FM Touch is fantastic if you're only going to have maybe an hour or so at a time to put into it in my experience. I much prefer playing the full version, but it gets very disheartening to jump in and at the end of the session not be much further in. 

I often have 2 saves, one is my FM Touch save that I can jump in and out of and progress in reasonably quickly and my full FM save which is when I've say got 4/5 hours spare every now and then and can really sink some time in. Not an approach for everyone, but its one that works for me. 

I'm not sure on the stuff you get in Touch, ive read and asked about it and it still goes over my head. But basically I play full FAT and you can keep it as simple as you want, still having all the added extras (or so) that the version has.

8 hours is a season for me, assuming nothing major goes wrong. That's very fast commentary only. I just delegate all the fluff to the AI, it dosent really make much odds in terms off outcome, as I buy/sell and pick the team anyway.

I will start a save with full FM and then move over to FMT after seeing all the features.

We have not heard much about the FMT features but one that is interesting is the instant result button during match. I have never used instant result but I can see the in match one coming in handy if you are several goals up to finish it off quickly. All the match engine improvements are there, naturally, and the rest should be at least as good as FMT 16 (I am sure there are some new things, interface surely more polished).

Archived