Football Manager 2017 Pre-Release Beta Feedback Thread

For me its so far so good! Not even got to a match yet, starting unemployed and seeing where I go. Like the managers face feature, actually looks like me! Had a couple of crashes when I first loaded it up though but its been ok now. Think it might be my new computer rather than the game, its really odd, Can play GTA5 and IL-2 no worries but it freezes sometimes on less intensive games.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ugh, just played the first match. The name icons above the players heads are HORRIBLE. Is there any way to edit this? When there's a few players in the box at a chance, it totally blocks out what you're trying to see.  Surely the game testers saw this during development. I'm amazed no-one else has picked up on this (I may have missed someone mention it)

I don't know if I am doing something wrong, but every time I go into filter options to load a custom made filter within player search, it tells me, "The file could not be imported."

No idea what's going on here. Bug, or am I loading/importing filter wrong? 

24 minutes ago, Adzke said:

Has the pressing been redone for FM17?

EDIT: By this, I mean has the types of pressing and the setup of pressing been redone? :)

Not in terms of additional instructions. The under the hood ME behaviour is likely to have been tuned, but no new options.

5 minutes ago, Lashley said:

averaging an injury a game here

What sort? Still in preseason? You should expect to pick up more injuries in preseason when players aren't conditioned, but they should be tweaks and pulls rather than major injuries in general.

1 minute ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Ugh, just played the first match. The name icons above the players heads are HORRIBLE. Is there any way to edit this? When there's a few players in the box at a chance, it totally blocks out what you're trying to see.  Surely the game testers saw this during development. I'm amazed no-one else has picked up on this (I may have missed someone mention it)

Go into the in-match options and turn them off.

1 minute ago, herne79 said:

Go into the in-match options and turn them off.

But I don't want to turn them off, I want to see who has the ball. The size and colour is intrusive, and when there's a few players together, this just becomes unwatchable. 

In previous versions it was just a white name above the head of the player who had the ball. 

Just now, Dagenham_Dave said:

But I don't want to turn them off, I want to see who has the ball. The size and colour is intrusive, and when there's a few players together, this just becomes unwatchable. 

In previous versions it was just a white name above the head of the player who had the ball. 

Are you not just referring to the player condition bar? That can be turned off but the names left untouched.

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

When creating a profile, I set my playing experience as the more junior of the 2 International options, yet when my manager profile is created, I have 0 Caps and 0 goals. 

Sounds like a bug, could you raise it here please? - https://community.sigames.com/forum/518-other-gameplay-issues/

Thanks. 

• Administrators
Just now, RTHerringbone said:

Are you not just referring to the player condition bar? That can be turned off but the names left untouched.

Yep, what Herringbone says, is a separate option.

Just now, RTHerringbone said:

I'll give that a try. I'm not sure why they've made it black with a border though, seems a bit silly. 

I know this is an age old topic, but is there any way of making the first time volley cross look a bit more realistic?

I'm sorry to moan, because I think the game is brilliant for a beta (i really do), and this is no way a game breaker but I'm  a stickler for detail and it looks a bit naff.  Is there any way a player can just take the ball down first then cross it? 

4 minutes ago, RTHerringbone said:

Just edited that and it's back to how it was. Phew. That was in danger of ruining the whole game for me!

Is there a known issue with the Player Faces ? I can't get them to work . I just copied the graphics folder from the  16 to 17 . Club emblems etc are working but the player faces dont work. except a few (probably the ones that are in the game by default) 

ty in advance

Just now, haffaz77 said:

Is there a known issue with the Player Faces ? I can't get them to work . I just copied the graphics folder from the  16 to 17 . Club emblems etc are working but the player faces dont work. except a few (probably the ones that are in the game by default) 

ty in advance

Some others did report it, best way is to add it to their bugs report.

4 minutes ago, RTHerringbone said:

Has the show "All Player Names" option in Preferences > Match been in the game for long, or is it new this year? I'm not the most observant so it's a nice little find for me, even if it isn't new for FM17. I used to add them manually one by one, which sucked.

No, that's new, I noticed it earlier when I was changing the settings for the names. 

• SI Staff
39 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

There is an option in the in-match settings. I believe it is "Show player condition" or the like. That will reduce the overhead to just player names as in previous versions :thup:

Problem with display in players stats screen

This is a screenshot from the player stats page on the first match I've played. As you can see, the names have been squashed, likely due to that "time" column.

I'm playing in 125% text mode, display 1280 x 960.

Didn't have this issue with previous versions of FM. Hope you can look into it. :) I have also posted in the bugs forum.

Stats page.jpg

1 minute ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Something a bit weird here. I've played one preseason game and won it 3-0

On my tactic analysis it shows I've played my tactic for 91 mins and have scored four and conceded one with it. :idiot:

Thanks for your feedback Dagenham_Dave.

Could you please pop over to the ME Section of the Forums please and open up a thread with this issue. https://community.sigames.com/forum/515-match-engine-issues/

Cheers,

Nic

12 minutes ago, Snorlax said:

It is saying my graphics capability is very low and half a star but that simply cannot be correct?

I have an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750Ti graphics card

Or has something changed drastically?

Similar for me, and I'm sure it was 4 or 5 stars for FM16

Also, Downloadable content- presumably not available til release date?

Shame if so, as wanted to start a game as national manager too

Other than poor FPS in matches I'm very pleased. 

Won my first game of championship season before being destroyed by Huddersfield in the second. Don't think I ever got destroyed in FM16!

I did get the park the bus achievement after the first game though....

It's a bit annoying that when you hover over the radio button next to a player to bring up the info - although in all other areas it's been improved - you now can't see the star rating of the player. That's particularly annoying on the tactics screen as the subs don't have the star ratings next to them. 

On the data analysts and scientists I just checked the stats/attributes of the ones i had and looked for similar as they all got poached by Premier League teams, being NUFC relegated, not surprising but annoying.

2 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

No, most non-playing staff still have this. 

I think he meant in Staff>Responsibilities>Backroom Advice.

In FM16, when it was under the Personal Assistant tab, it showed you the key stats for the advice you were getting eg. Tactical feedback, you were shown the Tactical Coaching & Tactical Knowledge of your coaches etc.

Now, it seems, you can only see these stats by going into each coaches profile, one by one, and not in a handy drop-down menu.

If this is the case then this definitely could do with changing back, the new way is so much more time consuming and quite frustrating.

on news items when action is required the box could do with being a darker and more noticeable green as currently can easily be missed

Also in the social section when your clubs account announces a signing it says the player is signing for the club you have purchased him from.

For Example :

Transfer - Man Utd signing pogba from juventus

The Man utd account would say Paul Pogba agrees a deal to sign for Juventus

Edited by josh381991

I found what i think is a game breaking bug. 

I started as Barcelona, spent like 4 hours looking at players, scouting (you should make the scout report confirmation have a tick box so it doesnt appear every time) and making tactics. After a couple of days my assistant asked me to choose the players that would go on the training camp. I decided to try the automatic option that says they will pick some youths ( also this should be like all other versions of fm, where you have the final decision and not completely automatic). I was happy with the 40 players he chose, so i continued. 

Another couple of days passed, and i got another mail telling me that the training camp was starting. It only said 32 instead of 40 players, but i didnt realize at the time. One day after that, i got like 10 mails telling me the best players in my team wants to talk to me about leaving them out of the training camp. I looked at the registration window under squad and not even one player went to the camp, all my starters wants to leave because of this. 

Did this happened to anyone else?