[Suggession] Closing Down revamp

Powermonger

There doesn't seem to be an individual topic for this so I thought I'd start one up as there seems to be a few of us interested in this part of the tactics.

First off, can the [Closing Down] TI please be renamed to [Pressing] as the later is better representative of a tactical strategy or game plan. Closing Down to me sounds more like a description of a player action instead of a defensive strategy. FM refers to Pressing in the scout reports but the term is not used in the tactics screen. It is a bit disjointed.

In it's current state, the Closing Down settings make no sense and have no relationship to the field. Less, More, Much More etc has no context to what you are trying to achieve.

The [Pressing] TI settings should refer to the following:

• Defensive Pressing (pressing the opponents in your defensive third)
  • Offensive Pressing (pressing the opponents in the middle third)
  • Ultra-Offensive Pressing (pressing the opponents in their own half)

These areas of pressing, like the Defensive Line, should be represented by a field graphic in the TI screen to indicate where your players will start to press the opposition.

Example: Defensive Pressing

low-pressure-soccer.jpg

Example: Offensive Pressing

soccer-midfield-pressing.jpg

Example: Ultra-Offensive Pressing

high-pressure-soccer-2.jpg

The Players Instruction screen can still remain as Closing Down with the current setting descriptions because this makes sense on a individual level. Where FM is falling down is it is using the same term for both individuals and the teams overall match strategy in the defensive phase, which to my logical mind does not make sense.

• 2 months later...

Archived