Ultimate Football Manager Internet Game [*Not an Established Clan anymore as currently we are a disgrace*]

dogs

wigan.jpg

Crewe 1 - 3 Wigan

SUPER FREDDY GUARIN!

Yes, another promotion chasing team to visit, and another 3 valuable points for Wigan from the right boot of the Colombian record signing. An early diving header from Crewe gives them a lead that lasts but 6 minutes before Roberts latches onto a Bullard through ball and blasts home. Them Billy Jones is unable to control his temper after hes booked for a reckless challenge, a 2nd yellow is produced, and Crewe are down to 10 men after just 12 minutes. Wigan dominate but can break through until 67 minutes, when Guarin steps up to float home a 25 yard free kick to the delight of the travelling support. And with 91 minutes on the clock , Bullard floats one to the back post and Ellington contrives to miss an open goal from 6 yards , smacking the post. The ball comes back to him, and his cross-come-shot finds Pezzarossi who finishes the scoring.

Wigan 0 - 1 Derby

New Year cant come fast enough. The arrival of Freddy Adu and Scott Brown may be the turning point this squad needs, because as of now, theyre sorely lacking in players who can turn chances into goals. Another game where Wigan dominate from start to finish, hitting every piece of woodwork, having goal line clearances, the whole lot, and losing to a magnificent free kick from Marco Reich, which was the only thing he or Derby did the entire game, apart from injure Alan Mahon (and without getting booked as well). Wigan are a team without direction just now, the manager has done as much as he can, and without his players doing what theyre told, and the forwards doing their job, theres nothing more he can do here. Promotion just isnt going to happen.

Gillingham 1 - 3 Wigan

The up and down season continues with a fine performance away to a promotion chasing side (sound familiar?). Early strikes from Pezzarossi (23) and Ellington (26) setting up a comfortable win. Injuries however to both Frandsen and Bullard cause consternation within the dressing room, as both are in a key position for which there is little cover in the squad. Again , Wigan make things difficult for themselves in the 2nd half, giving away a sloppy goal to Byfield, and then missing a penalty, but in 69 minutes , Mutiu pops up to head home an Ellington cross, and its all over.

Rotherham 0 - 2 Wigan

For the first time this season, McGuinness is not only pleased by a performance, hes absoloutely thrilled. A backs to the wall performance against the team with the best defensive record in the league, the counter attack played to perfection resulting in a penalty goal (Guarin 62) and a brilliant slotted effort (Frandsen 79) give Wigan victory against a team that for 25 minutes played them off the park. A few tactical alterations, most notably going to the lone striker and shoring up the middle of the park, sees Wigan come away with 3 crucial points from Millmoor.

Wigan 1 - 0 Ipswich

Total Dominance, and a result that shows it for once. Wigan dominate from start to finish, the midfield passing well and tackling HARD, the strikers causing all sorts of problems for the visitors, and when given their chance, doing what theyre paid to do, putting the ball in the net. The game was all over bar the shouting after that, Ipswich not making any headway through a packed Wigan midfield, and the Latics happy to sit on their lead.

Wigan 1 - 0 Sunderland

This is the best the North East can offer? Wigan play their northern rivals off the park in what can only be described as their best performance of the season. They have class, flair , panache, and a healthy disrespect for the visitors, who look out of their depth right from kickoff. Pezzarossi scores the only goal of the game, a 6 yard scrambled effort, but it should have been 10-0, and had it not been for the Man of the Match performance from Mart Poom, it certainly would have been. Sunderland never threatened, and Wigan never looked remotely troubled. And with that result, the top 3 open up an 6 point gap over 4th placed Leeds. But with only 2 going up, someones going to Cardiff for the playoffs!

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

shefflogo.jpg

Match By Match Reports:

(In this section I will provde reports of all my matches played on the 19th December.)

Sheffield United hope to play well and retain their high league spot. Will they manage or will they flop? we're all due to see...

Plymouth 0 - 2 Sheffield United

A rather tight match started with Plymouth's dominance, Plymouth, playing a rather dodgy 5-3-2 attacking formation was almost getting the better of Sheffield United until the blades decided to sit back, defend and counterattack. In order to carry this deed out quicker, Nashat Akram and Peter Weatherson were bought on. Both assisted as Annti Sumiala Scores yet again, twice in fact in the 69th and 78th minute.

The two goals by Sumiala has taken his tally up to twelve goals this season so far. Not a bad accomplishment from a 30 year old.

Q.P.R 3 - 1 Sheffield United

Quite a controversial game as Sheffield United dominated the whole game but conceeded from two freekicks from the edge of the box out of 7 given and a lousy stumbling bouncing ball from well outside the box. Sheff Utd suffered this defeat despite leading 1-0 in the first 8 minutes

Sheff Utd 3 - 0 Crewe

Sheffield United got revenge in their home game against league surprise runners Crewe Alexandra. An early sumiala goal gave Sheffield the lead and was to be tripled by full time thanks to two brilliant goals by Andy Gray. Sheffield looked promising this match with their new tactical layout and all will wonder if they will remain to be such a dominating force. Sheffield United sit at 2nd spot at the end of this match and Antti Sumiala tops the goal scorers chart.

Derby County 2 - 0 Sheffield United

Another one of those dubious matches where the opposing keeper gets a 10 and MoM whilst yours gets a 5. There isn't really much to say both goals were conceeded from freekicks (as before in the QPR game). Another one to be forgotten.

Sheffield United 3 - 0 Gillingham

Sheffield Dominate at home once again as they beat Gillingham 3-0 thanks to super sub performances from Nashat Akram and Peter Weatherson. Man of the Match was peter weatherson who almost single handedly scored two, and set up one for the young Iraqi Nashat Akram.

Rotherham 2 - 3 Sheffield United

Before this match, the media was crawling with remarks and potshots of the two rival managers. In the End it was sheffield who thrived, with great goals from Quinn, Weatherson and Sumiala. Sheffield were by far the better team and Karakurt was smiling as he ate his doner after the match.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>He can come by and recieve a free meal whenever he likes icon14.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

stated the Blades' Manager.

Sheffield United 2 - 0 Sunderland

An early goal and a glorious tap in by Zsolt Dveri gave Sheffield the very valuable win. This win saw Sheffield stand at 1st place 2 points clear of Leicester and 3 points clear of Wigan. Zsolt Dveri gave us a comment after the match...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>i ran intu da boks, unt Sumiala gave mi a greyt open gol. he pass, i skor, i heppi <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

he sure is learning the language fast isn't he ladies and gents!

Stoke 1 - 1 Sheffield United

Stoke has played the match as though as if their lives, as well as their families' lives depended on this match. Sheffield could not understand how they conceeded a goal when 5 players kicked the ball over and over again when finally paddy kenny gave up and had to conceed the shot. The early header by weatherson was not enough to secure a win as sheffield are held to a dissapointing draw to relegation favorites Stoke.

(ed: i fkin hate this game sometimes :/)

Ipswitch 2 - 2 Sheffield United

This game was going to be Tough... everyone knew it before it happened and despite Ipswitch leading 1-0 in the 2nd minute, Sheffield United clawed back twice from behind to draw the match. Goal Credits go to Anntti Sumiala and Andy Gray.

(ed: opposing goalkeeper gets mom in this game :/)

Sheffield United 1 - 0 West Ham

Sheffield manage to beat the Hammers thanks to a late Sumiala Goal. The match was pretty tense and remained that way till the last minute, Sheffield grab a vital 3 points.

Sheffield United 2 - 0 Burnley

Goals by the Deadly Duo Anntti Sumiala and Andy Gray secured an easy 2-0 win over Burnley at the Sheffield Ground. The top three are still seperated by a meer 2 points.

::**::

with half the season gone things are slowly starting to shape up. Sheff Utd and Wigan are vigorously battling for the two automatic promotion spots, fending off threats like Leicester and Leeds. If things go the way they have been, Wigan and Sheff may well achieve automatic promotion.

With the FA cup 3rd round just close by, All managers will put aside league performances and differences and battle it out, the season has only just begun as far as we are concerned. Sunderland is well in the game and is looking forward to nabbing a playoff spot, Cardiff City, whilst a bit distant has been getting a string of good results lately and may yet manage to contend for the playoff spots.

When looking at the dealings of Sheffield United, The sale of Micheal Tonge for 2.5 Million pounds was carried out in order to purchase Adrianinho, however due to some terrible mixup with the accountants (the damn game thought I didn't have enough funds to complete the transfer, when I'd sold Tonge and upset my fans for just that purpose) that player is now sprawling free and clubless, open for poaching by all us human manager gaffers. Sheffield will have to come up with a backup left winger just in case.

by the time the window is closed, I plan to have transfered

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>

<LI> A Left Winger

<LI> A Left Back

<LI> A Substitute forward (Bebeto is even crappier than what I thought he'd be :p)

Well there you have it. The antics of what is to me a VERY exciting season. Having yet to loose, or even draw a human manager as of yet is a pleasing accomplishment, but it will not win me the league by itself. I hope my good run continues and I manager to place a team with such great quality where it belongs. The Premiership.

See you round at the next update session.

Coca Cola Championship Manager in Poisoning Scandal!

poison.gif

A scandal has erupted in this seasons Championship race as frontrunning manager Stevie "Bod" McGuinness was taken ill with suspected dioxin poisoning. The poison, which has caused McGuinness' face to go from its normal, healthy, coloured hue into a chubby, pale imitation of its former self is rumoured to have been caused by a dodgy round of kebabs from a local takeaway. Supporters of Wigan Athletic have rounded on the connection between the takeaway owners and the self proclaimed "Kebab Boy" Emir Karakurt, manager of promotion rivals Sheffield United. The poisoning caused McGuinness to miss several key matches this month as the promotion race reaches fever pitch. Karakurt was not available for comment, but a spokesman for McGuinness said he was in good spirits, and he thanked the doctors for their help in his recovery.

More to follow on this story as it develops ......

H4x.jpg

Hacker Foils Sheffield United Manager Karakurt

The championship has prooved to us all this season to go even further than become a downright and utter circus. After the recent Food poisoning scandal that was bought about by the media concerning Wigan Manager Stevie "Bod" McGuiness, Karakurt has done nothing short but retaliate in a very firm fashion

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>If his delicate stomach can't handle the wonders of sish kebab... then why doesn't he turn vegitarian?? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Investigation still continues on the event, however a recent event has shocked everyone even more recently. Yesterday Morning Sheffield United Manager and legendary "kebab boy" Emir Karakurt was mysteriously erased from the club's payroll and admittence records. Further more Mr. Karakurt's Licsence was also erased from the FA database. Nobody knows why or how this event happened...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>It's unbelievable, I take the bus to the grounds as I do every day and I wasn't even admitted to attend the training session. When the guards told me I was off the payroll I couldn't grasp the situation. Thankfully I told them the Chairman was desperate for his 3 portions of kebabs and managed to leak into the Administration building.

After talking with the Chairman we fixed the situation but it involved me getting a new liscence, and therefore not only did my transfers drop, but I also lost what reputation and statistics I had. Unfortunately football is a cruel game and statistics mean everything. I don't know how this happened but I'm going to find out!! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

After employing several L33t H4xX0Rz from the Turkish "PROCAST HAXXOR TEAM", Emir Karakurt has found traces of connection links being relayed straight from the Wigan grounds!!!

Media speculate that Stevie "Bod" McGuiness wanted payback for his food poisoning occurence... where this bickering will go we don't know, but with one man's health, and the other man's career already taking a big hit from season 1, this rivalry promises to remain intact. Who knows what will happen in the future.

a photograph from the haxx0r incident...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v194/Azmodai/debugmode.jpg

The Speculator Daily

Scandalous Accusations cause relapse and put Title Chasing manager into Coma

bal-coma.jpg

The fans in Wigan are today stuggling to come to terms with the slanderous accusations issued in todays super soaraway Daily **** which accused Wigan boss Stevie "Bod" McGuinness of having a direct involvement in the recent hacking incident at Bramall Lane which saw the management license of Emir Karakurt revoked by the FA. On hearing the accusations, McGuinness almost immediately relapsed, the shock sending him into a Coma from which he has not yet emerged.

Lawyers acting for McGuinness have today issued a writ against Sheffield United Football Club, and Emir Karakurt himself, for defamation of character and illegally accessing, or enticing others to illegally access, the computer systems of Wigan Athletic FC , after by his own Admission, Karakurt engaged a Turkish Hacking Crew to access the clubs computers loking for evidence, which would be inadmissable in a court of law, regarding the recent systems failure which had occurred at Bramall Lane.

McGuinness is said to be on a Lucozade drip but in no immediate danger. He has however missed yet another bunch of important first team matches, and its rumoured this was Karakurt's long term strategy as his own promotion dream begins to turn sour. Fans at the JJB Stadium today praised McGuinness' vision and tactics in guiding the club to the top of the league where they are now widely tipped to gain promotion. Other managers have expressed disdain for Karakurt's tactics, claiming this was "Mind Games taken a step too far". The FA have also announced that they will be looking into Karakurts comments to see if they breach any laws, and he may be hit with a touchline ban for bringing the game into disrepute.

ufmigccfcbanner8af.jpg

31st August 2004

Coca Cola Championship

Cardiff City (0)0 Vs Watford (0)1

After a tough, tense game the visitors struck with the first goal of the game after 70 minutes with a backpost header.

Still, a decent peformane albeit a dissapointing result.

Cardiff MOM - Warner

Marlow Rating - 7.

11th September 2004

Coca Cola Championship

West Ham [bell] (1)1 Vs Cardiff City (2)2

Parkin gave us the dream start after just four minutes, nodding home from close range.

The Don levelled things up with a free-kick after half an hoir of the first half.

The Bluebirds went back in fron just under ten minutes later after a scramble in the box followed by Dailly turning it into his own net.

With the Hammers only managing 1 shot on target all game, we held on for the victory.

Cardiff MOM - Parkin

Marlow Rating - 7.

18th September 2004

Coca Cola Championship

Cardiff City (1)2 Vs Brighton (1)2

The visitors went ahead after 25 minutes with a cracking finish.

Five minutes later Parkin missed from the penalty spot for the Bluebirds.

Although, in true Super Sammy style he made up for that miss in the 40th minute with an excellent finish against the keeper.

Immediately after the restart they went back in front with a curled free-kick.

But, five minutes later, Parkin popped up with his second of the match to level it for us.

Cardiff MOM - Parkin

Marlow Rating - 7.

21st September 2004

League Cup 2nd Round

Stoke (0)1 Vs Cardiff City (2)2

Van the man fired us ahead after 15 mins with a great finish from a tight angle.

Van got his second of the game five minutes before half time from close range.

They pulled a goal back in the 85th minute.

Cardiff MOM - Robinson

Marlow Rating - 8.

25th September 2004

Coca Cola Championship

Coventry (0)1 Vs Cardiff City (1)2

Parkin headed home the first goal of the game after 40 minutes.

The home side levelled things after 70 minutes.

But, Parkin decided to pop up two minutes later and put us back in front with a great finish.

Cardiff MOM - Parkin

Marlow Rating - 8.

3rd October 2004

Coca Cola Championship

Cardiff City (1)1 Vs Milwall [Dogs] (0)0

Van the man fired us ahead with a great glancing header after just 5 minutes.

With the rest of the game being very hard thought we managed to keep the Miwall attempts to a minimum and records a brilliant victory.

Cardiff MOM - Gabbidon.

Marlow Rating - 7.

20th October 2004

Coca Cola Championship

Leicester (3)4 Vs Cardiff City (0)1

The table-topping home side took the lead after just 10 minutes.

They fired home their second after 40 minutes.

They got their third on the stroke of half time.

Parkin pulled a goal back for us in the 70th minute - but surely too late?

But, they soon put an end to any hopes of a comeback with a fourth goal after 85 minutes.

Cardiff MOM - Parkin

Marlow Rating - 5.

23rd October 2004

Coca Cola Championship

Cardiff City (0)0 Vs Reading [Deano] (0)0

"What a crappy game"

Boring boring boring, Deano managed to injure three of my players to top it off as well. Hurrah.

Cardiff MOM - Warner

Marlow Rating - 6.

27th October 2004

League Cup 3rd Round

Cardiff Cty (0)1( Vs Arsenal (0)1 - 1-2 aet.

Lee fired us ahead after 65 minutes from a tight angle under pressure.

The gunners levelled the game 5 minutes later with a header from a corner.

Arsenal finally took the lead after 98 minutes (extra time).

Cardiff MOM - Warner

Marlow Rating - 7.

30th October 2004

Coca Cola Championship

Sheff Utd [Az] (3)4 Vs Cardiff City (0)0

With a Cardiff team completely wrecked from the Arsenal game this was always gunna be tough.

Gray fired the home side ahead after just ten minutes. Great start.

They went 2-0 up after 30 minutes.

They got their third on the stroke of halftime.

4-0 bla bla

Cardiff MOM - Gabbidon.

Marlow Rating - 3.

2nd November 2004

Coca Cola Championship

Nottm Forest (0)2 Vs Cardiff City (2)2

With an extremely weakened squad we wer facing a tough trip to high flying Forest.

Thorne gave us a brilliant start slotting home from a tight angle after just five minutes.

Super Sammy doubled our lead from close range in the 25th minute.

Forest pulled one back immediately after the restart. Feck.

In the 70th minute they drew level.

Dissapointing result but a magnificent peformance. :/

Cardiff MOM - Robinson

Marlow Rating - 9.

6th November 2004

Coca Cola Championship

Cardiff City (0)0 Vs Wigan [bod] (0)0

Overall a very tough hard-thought game against Bod's 1st placed Wigan, and we did very well to get a point out of this.

Cardiff MOM - Warner

Marlow Rating - 7.

20th November 2004

Coca Cola Championship

Cardiff City (2)3 Vs Preston (2)2

The visitors went ahead after just five minuyes from the penalty spot.

Mellor got his second of the game 2 minutes later.

However, loan signing Pericard got us back intothe game in the 40th minute with a great finish.

Two minutes later, Parkin dramatically levelled the game!

Langers completed the turnaround with a fantastic strike in the 60th minute.

Cardiff MOM - Van Vossen

Marlow Rating - 8.

27th November 2004

Coca Cola Championship

QPR (2)2 Vs Cardiff City (0)1

The home side took the lead after just 5 minutes with a simple header.

Robbo got himself sent off just before halftime which was quickyl followed by them getting a second.

Pericard pulled a goal back for us after 85minutes.

So, overall the man advantage proved to be too much for us despite a brilliant peformance.

Cardiff MOM - Warner

Marlow Rating - 8

4th December 2004

Coca Cola Championship

Cardiff City (0)0 Vs Leeds (0)0

verall a very tough, hard-thought game against a team flying high and we did very well to get a point out of them.

Cardiff MOM - Warner

Marlow Rating - 7.

8th December 2004

Coca Cola Championship

Wolves (1)3 Vs Cardiff City (0)0

The home side took the lead after half an hour.

Parkin missed a pen for us after 80minute.

5 minutes later they got their second and third. Utter sh*te.

Cardiff MOM - Xavier

Marlow Rating - 6.

11th December 2004

Coca Cola Championship

Plymouth (2)5 Vs Cardiff City (1)1

The home side took the lead after just five minutes with a towerring header.

New signing, Kovas levelled the game with a superb strike in the tenth minute.

Plymouth went back in front ten minutes later.

After we were dominating the second half they broke away and got a third.

They got a fourth after 80 minutes.

zzz ***** team zzz

Cardiff MOM - Kovacs

Marlow Rating - 3.

14th December 2004

Coca Cola Championship

Cardiff City (1)3 Vs Crewe (0)0

Parkin put us ahead after 15 mins, following up on a Kovacs strike.

After having 30+ shots Parkin finally sealed it in injury time with a great finish.

Parkin then completed his hat-trick two minutes later.

Cardiff MOM - Parkin

Marlow Rating - 9.

18th December 2004

Coca Cola Championship

Derby (1)2 Vs Cardiff City (0)1

They went 1-0 up in the 40th min.

Kovacs levelled the game 5 minutes after the restart with a brilliant chip from 35 yards.

In the 65th min they went back in front.

Overall a great peformance and we were by the far better team, shame we can't finish for toffee.

Cardiff MOM - Kavnagh

Marlow Rating - 7.

26th December 2004

Coca Cola Championship

Gillingham Vs Cardiff City

Parry fired us ahead after just 10 mins with a great finish.

They levelled it 15 mins later.

Van put us back in front just before half time.

Robbo got our 3rd in the 55th min.

They got 1 back 2 mins later.

Van made it 4-2 with his 2nd in the 70th minute.

The gills, again made it 4-3 in the 80th min.

Cardiff MOM - Parry

Marlow Rating - 9.

28th December 2004

Coca Cola Championship

Cardiff City (1)2 Vs Stoke (0)2

New loan man from Wigan, Thompson, fired us ahead in this derby match after 30 minutes.

Van Vossen got our second immediately after the restart from a tight angle.

They pulled one back in the 70th min.

5 minutes later they got their uninevitable equalier thanks to a deflection.

Cardiff MOM - Thompson

Marlow Rating - 7.

1st January 2005

Coca Cola Championship

Cardiff City (1)2 vs Rotheram (0)1

Kovacs fired us ahead after being set up by Parkin in the 5th minute.

Rotheram levelled the game in the 75th min with a screamer.

With the game poised I decided to bring on a couple - new signing, the legend that is, SAMBA! and Langley.

In injury time Samba won us a freekick, which was coverted by Langley! YES!

Cardiff MOM - Van Vossen

Marlow Rating - 7.

3rd January 2005

Coca Cola Championship

Sunderland [serp] (1)2 Vs Cardiff City (1)2

Kovacs fied us ahead after 15 mins after being put in by Parkin.

Sunderland levelled the game 10 mins later.

Parkin then fired us back in front in the 65th minute.

tHE C*NTS then equalised in injury time.

Cardiff MOM - Langley

Marlow Rating - 7.

8th January 2005

FA Cup 3rd Round

Blackburn (0)2 Vs Cardiff City (1)2

Thompson fired us ahead, finishing off a great team goal after just two mins.

Parkin doubled our lead in the 65th minute, brilliantly.

They got one back in the 75th min with a freekick...

And in true FM fashion they get their ****ty equaliser in injury time. *sigh*

Cardiff MOM - Gabbidon

Marlow Rating - 7.

15th January 2005

Coca Cola Championship

Ipswich (0)2 Vs Cardiff City (1)4

Kovacs fired us ahead after 30 minutes.

After us dominating the game they equalised in the 65th minute.

In the 85th min Ipswich took the lead.

2 mins later Kovacs equalised for us.

Then, Super Samba popped up in injury time with the winner!!!

Parkin then finished them off from close range.

Cardiff MOM - Thompson

Marlow Rating - 9.

i-1.jpg

Nobody likes us we don't Care. There was only one job for young angry head dogmeister. A team that is feared throughout the land, A team where the mere mention of its name is enough to strike fear into towns and opposition teams alike. The Lions are coming and we are going to trample all over the Championship manor......

Not for me the glory hunting jobs with vast stadia and big funds, i want a challenging a job with a team with a history. If i do well i know its been me thats done it, and i've done it with out 5m in the transfer kitty and with an average attendence of 44000. Bod, Serps, Marlow, Deano ( yeah you have a big stadium icon_razz.gif) you are all pussies!!!!

wigan.jpg

Wigan's Window

Yes, the window finally arrived. Freddy Adu is here, Scott Brown is here, but Wigan wanted to spend more to guarantee promotion, so theres further bodies on the way in.

Players In

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>

<LI>Andrew Chapman (DM C) - Watford - £55k

<LI>Joleon Lescott (D C) - Wolves - £525k

<LI>Flavio Maestri (S C) - Allianza Lima - Free

<LI>Martin Keown (D C) - Leicester City - £26k

<LI>Adrianinho (AM/F LC) - Free Transfer

Other deals agreed for next season under the Bosman ruling

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>

<LI>Mark Kennedy (AM/F L) - Wolves - Bosman Free

<LI>David Healy (S C) - Preston - Bosman Free

<LI>Colin Healy (DM RC) - Sunderland - Bosman Free

<LI>Selim Taber (AM/F RC) - Kaiserslautern - Bosman Free

<LI>Mustapha Sama (D C) - Charleroi - Bosman Free

<LI>Jamie Langfield (GK) - Dunfermline - Bosman Free

<LI>Brian Jensen (GK) - Burnley - Bosman Free

And subject to Work Permits

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>

<LI>Marko Ciurlizza (DM RC) - Allianza Lima - Free XDENIEDX

<LI>Lounes Benahmane (SW/DM RC) - JS Kabylie - Free XDENIEDX

<LI>Richarlyson (AM LC) - Salzburg - Free XDENIEDX

<LI>Gabriel Cedres (AM/F RC) - Penarol - Free XDENIEDX

<LI>Silvio Maric (AM RC) - Panathanaikos - Free XDENIEDX

<LI>Waldo Ponce (D RC) - Universidad De Chile - Free XDENIEDX

<LI>Pedro Reyes (D C) - Union Espanola - £3k XDENIEDX

And with 8 days to the end of the window, McGuinness has not

ruled out further signings. Bids have been made and feelers put out for new players as the boss looks to strengthen the squad for his assault on the EPL next season! A few casualties of war though , a brief list below

Players out

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>

<LI>Lee McCulloch - £75k

<LI>Greg Traynor - Free

And onto this weeks games.

Wigan 0 - 0 Watford

Watfords recent pedigree has been excellent, in both league and cup theyve seen an upturn in form that has helped their manager remain in the job in absentia. But its backs to the wall time for the Hornets are Wigan home in on the Premiership. And in a defensive display so solid that Wigan have 13 shots on goal to Watfords 1, but almost all long range, they hold out to take a valuable point away from the JJB. Despite having the ball in the next twice, both goals are ruled out for fouls on the defenders, and their best chance apart from this, a brilliant header from Scott Brown, is saved at point blank range by Lee (one of a number of brilliant saves which earn him Man of the Match) keeps the Latics at bay.

West Ham 0 - 2 Wigan

McGuinness is very glad for the trip to league whipping boys the Hammers, and their soon-to-be-sacked boss Chris Campbell. With their team playing poorly and morale rock bottom, its no surprise when Wigan take the lead in 7 minutes , a breakaway to Jason Roberts , ball inside to Frandsen , threaded into the path of Ellington, and its 1-0 at the far post. And on 41 minutes , Etherington dallies too long on the ball and is robbed by Sebescen. The German fullback runs the length of the field , closes in on the keeper, and as he narrows the angle, pulls the ball into the path of Jason Roberts for him to double the Latics lead. With the home team bereft of ideas and struggling to cope with the visitors physical presence , McGuinness chose to close out the game by making a tactical change and going defensive. It worked, and its 3 valuable points.

And then came the shocker. 36yrs old, but still one of the worlds top talents. Wigan Athletic have signed Cruz Azul's veteran playmaker ALEX AGUINAGA! for a fee of just £50k. The star midfielder goes straight into the squad for this weekends game against Coventry.

wigan.jpg

Wigan's Warriors!

Coventry 0 - 0 Wigan

The game was, as it suggests, dull and boring with nothing of note. Aguinaga is still 2 weeks from match fitness, and a few others were rested for the big game the following week.

Wigan 3 - 1 Millwall

Theyre fast on the break, theyre strong in the tackle. The latics put on a show for the fans here as they clinically take the Lions apart, opening the scoring with a classic long ball over the top in 6 minutes onto which Jason Roberts runs before rounding the keeper and scoring. On 11 minutes , a flighted Mahon cross is collected by Roberts , and Stack comes screaming out of his goal and bundles the forward over, leaving Wome to slot home the resultant penalty. 32 minutes gone , Teale collects a short ball in his own half, beats one man and floats a wonderful 50 yard ball into the path of Per Frandsen. The Finn makes no mistake and its 3-0 Latics! Millwall pull one back in 37 , a Kris Boyd free kick taking a wicked deflection and sliding into the bottom corner.

2nd half, its a similar story, with Wigan conceding the midfield to allow for quick breaks, and on one of those breaks, Alan Mahon torments Stephen Murray enough to persuade the defender to go in two footed, which results in a 2nd yellow card, and the Lions down to 10 men. McGuinness opts not to go for the kill, and the game peters out to a finish. Wigan go 4 points clear as nearest rivals Sheffield United lost at home to Wolves.

wigan.jpg

What a wonderful, wonderful World

Wigan 3 - 1 Brighton

New Session, same old Wigan. Right from the off , a great ball wide to Bullard , a cross ball to Mutiu, a strong shot deflected into the path of Bullard, a cynical challenge as the ball is about to be kicked, penalty , Pezzarossi , 1-0. 16 minutes gone, cross from Bullard , Frandsen is climbed all over in the box, Pezzarossi, 2-0. Brighton pull one back in 63 , a scrambled goal from a corner, but Ellington restores the lead in 78 minutes from a rebound from a Pezzarossi shot.

Leicester 1 - 3 Wigan

The fans had waited for a fortnight for the debut, and Aguinaga didnt disappoint. The Mexican Maestro was at the heart of everything , setting up Roberts for the first goal in 12 minutes, and providing Roberts and Maestri with chance after chance. Roberts then doubled his and Wigans tally in 19 minutes , collecting a Mahon through ball , rounding the defender and slotting past the advancing Ian Walker. He was having a fantastic debut, and his passing cut Leicester apart time and again, and one 31 minutes, his through ball left Dabizas floundering and Maestri was in the clear , and made no mistake from 12 yards. Into the 2nd half , Petrescu pulls one back to make a game of it, but nothing else occurs of any note, and the 3 points go back north.

Wigan 3 - 0 Reading

In a controversially replayed match after a fire at the FA destroyed all records of the previous encounter, a one sided battle of the sexes (Bod v Letitia) ended the first half with just one goal between the teams, that being an own goal from Ingimarsson. And in the second half, Aguinaga continued to build his growing reputation, curling home an amazing 25 yard free kick to double the lead. And in an act of suicidal goalkeeping , Hannemann then proceeded to palm a soft Mahon header into his own net for 3-0, a scoreline which flattered the home side. Then on 67 , a moment of madness sees Wes Morgan booked for a scything challenge on Teale, and then being unable to keep his mouth shut, he earns a second yellow for dissent, and the visitors are down to 10 men.

Game Over. Nothing else happens as Wigan just sit in.

Sheff United 1 - 2 Wigan Athletic

After the poisonings. And the Slander. And the insults. And the hacking. This one was sweet. I mean so sweet that the fans could taste it. And despite the fact that Sheff Utd were all over the Latics, you sensed that they didnt have a killer blow, a knockout punch, and that Wigan were waiting their time. On 31 minutes, a ball out of defence, Ellington collects , holds , lofts over the top and Roberts is off to the races , slams home , its 1-0. United fight back, a 56th minute free kick from Thygesson levels the score, but with just 11 minutes to go, Wigan's very own Dead Ball expert, Freddy Guarin, steps up and THUNDERS one past a static Fatty Kelly. The fans go mental, and Sheffields dreams of automatic promotion disappear into a puddle of Kebab meat fat!

Wigan 3 - 0 Preston

With a 10 point lead in the league, McGuinness made changes to rest star players. It didnt matter, as within 36 seconds , a ball from Frandsen found Mutiu. His crossfield ball found Mahon, and his curving cross arrived at the feet of Flavio Maestri, who promptly slammed home. Into the 2nd half , Frandsen collects, plays it wide to Mahon , runs into the box, Mahon crosses , Frandsen heads home , and its 2-0. Counter attack time , Wright disposesses the left winger and plays it to Maestri , he turns , looks up, plays a 40 yard ball into the path of Pezzarossi, he runs in on the keeper, and nails it into the corner from 12 yards!

So the session ends with Wigan a massive 13 points clear at the top, and already making plans for their season in the sun.

COME ON YOU LATICS!

shefflogo.jpg

Yo-Yo Sheffield?

Sheffield United has undoubtfully been the most inconsistent team of the second half of the league.

After finishing 2nd, only 1 pt away from 1st place and 5 above 3rd, Sheffield went on to loose 3 games in a row then win one, then loose again then win again. It's been a complete yo-yo of a season and to make comments about that performance we have rookie manager and Kebab Chef Emir Karakurt with us...

Hello Mr.Karakurt, Nice to have you here,

always a pleasure to be here Jon

Well let's start of with a roundup of the first half of the season. A perfect run, loosing only a few points and finishing comfortably 2nd, what was the reason for this brilliant run?

Well Jon, the start of the season is always good, fresh players, fresh legs and enthusiasm is up to top notch. It was a great performance from us and I was very happy with the team in general, The only thing I regret is loosing a very important 6 points to QPR and Stoke, and we are still suffering from those losses.

When you look at your squad and situation what do you reckon was the reason for this second half flop?

Well, there are many reasons. Firstly, the sale of Micehal Tonge did make us suffer somewhat. The reason we sold him was to be able to buy Adrianinho before he was released on a free, however a mixup occured and the money was delivered an hour after the Corianthas board left, and therefore we couldn't deliver the money and he joined Wigan on a free transfer. We were left without a good left winger for 3-4 matches, until we managed to buy Cristoffer Andersson and Micheal Thygesen, who have proved to be great prospects and the reason why we are doing well of late.

Was that the only reason? Just one player leaving?

Well to be honest... no. I do not want to make excuses but the untimely injuries of some key squad players for long periods of time has made us suffer drastically. There is no cover for Phil Jagielka and Simon Francis, who are the backbone of the defensive line and they are very tired after working so hard this season.

Another reason for the poor form of late is also my mysterious resignation... I had found that someone had hacked into the FA and Sheffield Network and somehow deleted my liscence, career records and stats. A manager is nothing without his stats and so I suffered somewhat to re-gain the respect of my players (note: a bug occured that had me in an unplayable state so i had to resign and rehire myself as manager, therefore loosing my reputation and squad confidence).

Your rivalry with Stevie 'Bod' McGuiness has been all over the papers of late. Do you have any comments?

My 'rivalry' with Mr.McGuiness is entirely game related. He is the manager of a very successful team and is currently 1st in the League. We are also aiming for the League title... well we were anyway... and therefore a rivalry was established but all that remains solely on the pitch. I have nothing against him or any manager in the League, and in fact I am a fan of pretty much all the other Managers... except for that lousy coventry manager who can hang himself.

What are your plans from here?

Well, there are 8 games to go, we are 1 point away from that 2nd spot and we want to throw everything we've got to finish this season promoted without having to go into the playoffs, but if all else fails, a minimum playoff finish is liable at the moment and our only aim is to get promoted.

There are speculations leading you away from Bramall Lane, what are your plans for the future?

There are no job offers for me yet, and I am really enjoying the croud and team here at Bramall Lane. I plan to stay up for at least another season or two if all goes well, but of course if an offer comes that i can't resist... well who knows.

Thank you for this Interview, is there anything else you want to add?

Yes, all shish kebabs and chicken doner rolls are on a 50% discount at our buffet to celebrate the Chariman's Birthday. We welcome everyone to have a taste at the Karakurt Kebab Saloon.

Thank you very much Mr.Karakurt and this is Jon McGhee from the BladesFan Weekly

Bellwycombe.jpg

Wycombe Gaffer Favorite Mr.Bell?

NEWS FLASH: Wycombe Wanderers, who have recently sacked their manager and are doing quite poorly in their relevant division has declared Chris Cambell as the 'favorite' for the appointment. Mr.Bell was unavailible for Comment, but we all await the result of this link-up.

The Speculator Daily

wigan.jpg

P R O M O T I O N !

Nottm Forest 0 - 4 Wigan

Joe Kinnear came out in the papers prior to this game saying he felt that Wigan "Werent genuine promotion contenders". THERES A 13 POINT GAP SAYS YOURE TALKING OUT YOUR ARSE JOE. Anyway , the game began , Roberts scored after 11 minutes beating a static Michael Dawson before slotting home. Forest continue to play like drowning kittens in a sackcloth bag for about 75 minutes before a breakaway with Pezzarossi results in Gerrard spilling the shot into the path of Frandsen, and to top it all, Pezzarossi gets the 3rd in 88 minutes collecting a long ball over the top and beating the Forest offside trap, again, to slot home, and then repeats the trick just 60 seconds later. Michael Dawson worth £5 million? MY ARSE JOE!. And "The team that arent genuine title contenders" have kicked Joker Joe's pathetic group of weaklings to the kerb and continued their march towards the title!

Wigan 2 - 0 Wolves

Another controversial replay, better result. After total domination , Jason Roberts heads home an Alan Mahon cross on 61 minutes to seperate the sides, and just 60 seconds later, a tantalising Aguinaga through ball is smashed by Roberts , keeper makes a great save, and in denying Ellington , Craddock turns the ball into his own net. Wolves then proceed to miss a very dubious penalty (straight at the keeper)

Wigan 3 - 0 Cardiff

Along come the tea boy. Within 8 minutes his team of numpties have given away a penalty which Bullard despatches. 19 minutes gone , a long through from Sebescen, nobody picks up Bullard, and he passes the ball to an unmarked Pezzarossi for 2-0. Into the 2nd half and Cardiff forget how to defend a set piece, as Thome rises to nod home a Mahon free kick. Marlows sorry troops trudge off the field and back into mid-table obscurity where they belong!

QPR 1 - 2 Wigan

Long ball out of defence from Thome , Pezzarossi nods to Mahon , takes a return ball , feeds Bullard, who beats the last man with a brilliant pass. Maestri nips in behind , rounds the keeper , one nil after 6 minutes! QPR strike back almost immediately though , Furlong shooting home from 10 yards out after good work by Bircham. Into the 2nd half, and its all Wigan , but no goal until Pezzarossi holds up a long ball and feeds Mahon , who feeds Bullard, who runs at the man , commits the defender and slides the ball into Maestri's path, and the Peruvian has his second of the game, and the eventual winner.

After the match , promotion is confirmed as 3rd placed Sheffield United fail to pick up full points at Crewe.

wigan.jpg

Wigan 1 - 1 Leeds

The title decider. A draw and Wigan were champions. 43 minutes gone , new signing Dodo injured after 90 seconds , Wigan on the break , Cryuff to Pezzarossi , to Aguinaga , ball out to the wing , Cryuff crosses , and its ALEX AGUINAGA to open the scoring! 2nd half , more 50/50's , some vicious tackling, and eventually Simon Johnson fouls Matt Jackson, leaving the Wigan captain in Agony on the ground. NO FOUL says the linesman , Johnson walks on , has his shot saved by Walsh, and Ricketts bags the equaliser. Madre De Dios! Wigan are the Champions!

The fans celebrate in riotous fashion. Chip Shops are open after 9pm. The local pub serves Mushy Peas and Vinegar and offers Alcohol that isnt real ale. Everyone in town has a hangover the next morning , and a statue of McGuinness is erected outside the JJB Stadium. McGuinness praises his players and his chairman, and hopes for a healthy budget to keep the team up.

Plymouth 0 - 2 Wigan

No mercy shows to the Pilgrims as Wigan set about going for a record points total. 8 minutes in and Pezzarossi unleashes one from 25 yards to open the scoring, Not to be outdone , Per Frandsen collects the ball in a seemingly harmless position on 15 minutes , takes 2 steps , beats the man , and hammers one into the top corner for 2-0. Easy Easy Easy.

Wigan 1 - 1 Crewe

Ok , so sending your local rivals down a division is a cruel thing to do, and whilst the fans love the idea, McGuinness had sympathy and put out the reserves. Adrianinho did the damage, a low strike on 13 minutes but Dean Ashton reduced the deficit with just 8 minutes to go as slack defending by Wome allowed the winger to cross for an unmarked Ashton to fire home from close range. No need to push this one thinks the boss, just run down the clock and add another one to the unbeaten record.

Derby 1 - 2 Wigan

This one was just about settling a score. Derby are one of the 4 teams with a win over Wigan this year, and Nathan Ellington settled the score with a quickfire double in 58 and 60, against a Miller strike in 78.

shefflogo.jpg

Kebab Madness at Sheffield

It truly is a great season for the town of Sheffield this year, all local football fans, United and Wednesday alike celebrate the promotion of their relevant teams, dragging Sheffield to the upper levels of footballing authority.

A huge party was given earlier today as Master Kebab chef and Sheffield United Manager Mr.Karakurt made Guiness world record holding shish kebabs at a breathtaking length of 50m.

When asked to comment about his team's success this season, Sheffield United boss Mr.Karakurt stated

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I am extremely proud of my lads, they fought hard, brave and downright fair this season and while everyone - including myself - ruled us out of promotion chances this year, we managed to prevail and gain that visa to the Premiership. I thank the fans, the media and all the other managers with their support and nice words. It truly is a great year for Sheffield... maybe this championship will get the home office off my back as well as all those health inspectors. They never ever trust a true kebab genious in this country <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

a fine day indeed. Zsolt Dveri, the Hungarian Midfielder was also availible for comment later on and he gladly stated

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Oh mi got! We ar in di premiersheeep, it fiils gret, and i get more moniy tu! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

very enthusiastic indeed. Jagielka was also availble for comment as he was stuffing down two portions of Doner Rolls, here's what he had to say

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Its been a very very long and hard season, i wanted to leave at one point to prove myself at a higher level, but I'm now glad my manager never let me go. It feels great to be in the Premiership, a dream i have been persuing for years now. Everybody has been top notch this year and i am very glad we made it alive.

as for our expectations for next year? Well we are a very young squad and we plan to stay in the Premiership as long as we can. We may not be as big as a force to battle the giants yet, but I do strongly believe we can stay in the Premiership without much worry. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well that's all we have to report for now in this festive moment, we would like to congratulage the city of Sheffield, for making the 'double' this season.

The Sheffield Post

the permiership has been an absolute b*tch so far, i will write up my half-season report as soon as we reach the mid-transfer window.

I have never been challenged so hard in this game before and I am on the verge of running off and crying like a little baby.

more to follow :p

ufmigccfcbanner0xd.jpg

Season 2 results: (long read-sorry icon_biggrin.gif)

6th August 2005

Coca Cola Championship

Gillingham (1)2 Vs Cardiff City (0)2

The home side took the lead with a header after 15 minutes.

After a better start to the second half, Kovacs equalised for us with a smashing header!

In the 60th minute Kovacs fired home again to put us 2-1 ahead.

After dominating the rest of the game but failing to get a third they punished us in injury time, grabbing an undeserved equaliser.

Cardiff MOM - Kovacs

Marlow Rating - 8.

-----------------------------------------------

9th August 2005

Coca Cola Championship

Cardiff City (2)4 Vs Crewe (0)0

Kovacs gave us the lead with a cracking header after just five minutes.

Great work by Parkin in the area created our second which was credited as an own goal.

Lunt made it 3-0 against his former team with a cracking strike after 60 minutes.

Samba got our 4th after cooly tackling the keeper and slotting the ball home.

Cardiff MOM - Langley

Marlow Rating - 9.

14th August 2005

Coca Cola Championship

Sunderland [serp] (1)1 Vs Cardiff City (1)1

The home side took the lead after just five minutes from the penalty spot.

Kovacs fired us back into the game with a cracking header from a Lunt corner.

After dominating the rest of the game, we just couldn't get that vital goal.

Cardiff MOM - Kovacs

Marlow Rating - 7.

20th August 2005

Coca Cola Championship

Cardiff City (0)1 Vs Burnley (1)2

The visitors took the lead after just 12 minutes with a great strike.

They got their second after 70 minutes thanks to a wicked deflection.

Karaca pulled one back for us in the 85th with a wonder goal.

Cardiff MOM - Parry

Marlow Rating - 6.

30th August 2005

Coca Cola Championship

Cardiff City (0)0 Vs Tranmere (0)0

A very tough game, proved by the 9 yellow cards in the match.

We were however unlucky to grab a winner with their keeper getting MOM.

Cardiff MOM - Bertelsen

Marlow Rating - 6.

10th September 2005

Coca Cola Championship

Milwall [Dogs] (1)1 Vs Cardiff City (1)1

Milwall took the lead after just 5 minutes.. icon_frown.gif

Lunt equalised in the 15th minute with a fantastic free-kick.

Cardiff MOM - Lancaster

Marlow Rating - 7.

17th September 2005

Coca Cola Championship

Cardiff City (2)3 Vs Rotheram (1)2

Kovacs headed us ahead after just 5 minutes following a long throw into the box.

Langley fired home our second from distance after just 15 minutes.

They pulled one back i the 25th minute after our keeper was closed down.

Kovacs made it 3-1 immediately after the restart with a fantastic run and finish.

They pulled one back in the 85th minute.

Cardiff MOM - Karaca

Marlow Rating - 8.

20th September 2005

League Cup - Round Two

Ipswich (0)1 Vs Cardiff City (1)3

Doe to an injury crisis I was forced to play Bullock in the attacking role.

However, he repaid my faith, firing us ahead after just 5 minutes.

They equalised in the 75th minute.

Bullock then fired us back in front 2 minutes later.

Whalley secured the victory in injury time, from close range.

Cardiff MOM - Bullock

Marlow Rating - 8.

24th September 2005

Coca Cola Championship

Wolves (2)2 Vs Cardiff City (0)0

Wolves took the lead after just 2 minutes.

They got their second in the 10th minute.

Overall a very flattering scoreline for Wolves, proven by their keeper getting MOM.

Cardiff MOM - Naldo

Marlow Rating - 5.

27th September 2005

Coca Cola Championship

Charlton (1)4 Vs Cardiff City (1)1

Kovacs spanked home our first with a brilliant strike after 20 minutes.

They levelled things up in the 40th minute.

Charlton then took the lead immediately after the restart.

They got their 3rd ten minutes later.

They made it 4-1 in the 65th minute.

Cardiff MOM - Kovacs

Marlow Rating - 4.

1st October 2005

Coca Cola Championship

Cardiff City (0)2 Vs Ipswich (1)1

The jammy bastards took the lead after just 5 minutes thanks to a deflected goal.

Lunt levelled the game in the 55th minute from the penalty spot.

Skipper, Naldo then gave us the lead in the 85th minute with a fantastic strike from 20 yards.

Cardiff MOM - McAnuff

Marlow Rating - 7.

1st November 2005

Coca Cola Championship

Forest (4)4 Vs Cardiff City (0)1

They took the lead after 5 minutes.

They got their second after 20 minutes.

They got their 3rd in the 30th minute... :/

5 minutes late they got their f*cking 4th.

Parkin pulled one back for us in the 50th minute.

Cardiff MOM - Parkin

Marlow Rating - 3.

5th November 2005

Coca Cola Championship

Cardiff City (1)1 Vs QPR (0)1

NB - 3-0 win before a crash. icon_frown.gif

Parkin fired us ahead after 5 minutes.

After us dominating the match they grabbed an equaliser in the 75th minute.

Cardiff MOM - Lunt

Marlow Rating - 7.

30th November 2005

Coca Cola Championship

Cardiff City (0)0 Vs Leicester (0)0

zzz **** game

Cardiff MOM - Naldo

Marlow Rating - 6.

3rd December 2005

Coca Cola Championship

Palace (1)2 Vs Cardiff City (0)0

Palace took the lead after 35 minutes.

They got their second on the hour.

How we didn't get something out of this game i'll never know, class peformance.

Cardiff MOM - Karaca

Marlow Rating - 8.

7th December 2005

League Cup - Qtr Final

Cardiff City (0)1 Vs Liverpool (0)1 - 1-1 aet - Cardiff win 3-2 on pens!

We went down to 10 men thanks to a red card for Karaca in the 30th min. icon_mad.gif

Parkin fired us ahead immediately after the restart with a great strike.

They equalised 5 mins later. icon_frown.gif

Cardiff MOM - Bertelsen

Marlow Rating - 8.

10th December 2005

Coca Cola Championship

Cardiff City (0)0 Vs Norwich (0)1

After a great peformance they got an undeserved winner in injury time thanks to a miss-kick by Lancaster.

Cardiff MOM - Lunt

Marlow Rating - 6.

21st December 2005

Coca Cola Championship

Watford (1)2 Vs Cardiff City (1)2

With me missing quite a few games recently we've found ourselves at the wrong end of the table.

Some good results now is a must!

Kovacs slid home after 30 minutes to give us the start we needed.

However, they equalised 5 minutes later.

They went 2-1 ahead 5 minutes after the restart.

However, 2 minutes later Kovacs equalised with his second of the game.

tbh, it was quite disgusting that we didn't get the winner, absolutely maginifcent peformance, bar shooting.

Cardiff MOM - Lunt

Marlow Rating - 9.

26th December 2005

Coca Cola Championship

Cardiff City (0)0 Vs Gillingham (0)0

zzz we suck and we can't finish. Sigh.

Cardiff MOM - Lancaster

Marlow Rating - 6.

28th December 2005

Coca Cola Championship

Burnley (0)0 Vs Cardiff City (0)0

After us dominating but AGAIN not scoring the home side take the lead on the hour.

Parkin showed a glimpse of his old form 5 minutes later with great finish.

They went 2-1 ahead with a wondergoal 10 mins from time.

Blake completed his hat-trick with 2 mins left.

Cardiff MOM - Karaca

Marlow Rating - 6.

1st January 2006

Coca Cola Championship

Crewe (0)2 Vs Cardiff City (0)0

Crewe took the lead from close range just after the restart. icon_mad.gif

They made it 2-0 five mins later.

Cardiff MOM - Naldo

Marlow Rating - 6.

4th January 2006

Coca Cola Championship

Cardiff City (1)2 Vs Hull (0)0

Parkin gave us the lead on 20 minutes.

Lunt got our second on the hour.

Cardiff MOM - Lunt

Marlow Rating - 7.

7th January 2006

FA Cup - 3rd Round

Leeds [Prem] (1)2 Vs Cardiff City (0)0

Leeds took the lead on 20 mins. icon_frown.gif

They made it 2-0 on the hour.

Cardiff MOM - Karaca

Marlow Rating - 7.

11th January 2006

League Cup Semi Final - Leg One

Aston Villa (1)4 Vs Cardiff City (0)0

They took the lead on 25 mins.

They got a deflected second just after the restart.

They made it 3-0 on the hour.

They made it 4-0, five mins later.

Cardiff MOM - Naldo

Marlow Rating - 4.

14th January 2006

Coca Cola Championship

Cardiff City (0)2 Vs Sunderland [serp] (1)2

Huuuuuuuuge game here, with both teams struggling at the moment and desperate for a win.

The visitors took the lead just before half time. icon_frown.gif

They made it 2-0 immediately after the restart.

Lunt gave us some hope by sending the ball home from 6 yards on the hour.

Samba got our second with a brill finish 2 minutes later.

Cardiff MOM - Lunt

Marlow Rating - 7.

25th January 2006

League Cup Semi Final - Leg Two - Villa win 4-1 on agg.

Cardiff City (1)1 Vs Aston Villa (0)0

Parkin gave us the lead just before half time from 30 yards.

Cardiff MOM - Xavier

Marlow Rating - 8.

28th January 2006

Coca Cola Championship

Tranmere (2)2 Vs Cardiff City (1)1

After us dominating but not getting a goal thanks to superkeeper, the home side take the lead fro, 30 yards after 30 mins. ffs.

2 mins later they get their 2nd, I hate this game.

Kovacs gave us a deserved goal just before half time with a sweet chip.

robbed.

Cardiff MOM - Karaca

Marlow Rating - 7.

1st February 2006

Coca Cola Championship

Cardiff City (2)3 Vs Coventry (0)1

Kovacs gave us the lead after 15 mins with a great finish.

Karaca slotted home our second just before half time.

They pulled one back in the 70th minute.

Kovacs stuck them back in their place with a great header after 80 minutes.

Cardiff MOM - Karaca

Marlow Rating - 8.

4th February 2006

Coca Cola Championship

Cardiff City (1)2 Vs Milwall [Dogs] (1)3

Langley fired us ahead after just 40 seconds with a fantastic strike.

They equalised with a deflected strike on 25mins.

Miwall took the lead in the 50th minute.

Kovacs levelled the game at 2-2 from the penalty spot on the hour.

Milwall went back in front after 85 mins, ffs.

Cardiff MOM - Kovacs

Marlow Rating - 6.

11th February 2006

Coca Cola Championship

Rotheram (0)2 Vs Cardiff City (0)0

The home team went ahead on 75 mins.

They went 2-0 up soon after

Cardiff MOM - Kerr

Marlow Rating - 6.

14th February 2006

Coca Cola Championship

Cardiff City (1)1 Vs Charlton (2)2

The visitors took the lead after jusr 5mins.

Kerr levelled the game with a pen on 15 mins.

They went 2-1 up just bfore half time.

Cardiff MOM - Kerr

Marlow Rating - 6.

18th February 2006

Coca Cola Championship

Leciester (0)0 Vs Cardiff City (1)1

Parkin gave us the lead on 25 minutes with a great finish.

Cardiff MOM - Naldo

Marlow Rating - 8.

25th February 2006

Coca Cola Championship

Ipswich (1)2 Vs Cardiff City (0)2

The home side took the lead on 40 mins.

Huss levelled the game for us in the 90th min with a great finish.

Huss then amazingly fired us ahead in injury time!

Ipswich then levelled it in the 94th min, ffs.

Cardiff MOM - Huss

Marlow Rating - 8.

4th March 2006

Coca Cola Championship

Cardiff City (0) Vs Wolves (2)

The visitors took the lead with a header after 10 mins.

They made it 2-0 with a wicked deflection in the 25th minute.

Parkin pulled one back for us on the hour with a great header.

They got their 3rd in the 90th minute after we were reduced to 9 men.

Cardiff MOM - Naldo

Marlow Rating - 5.

7th March 2006

Coca Cola Championship

Cardiff City (1)1 Vs Preston (0)0

Huss gave us the in the 40th min with a quality finish.

Cardiff MOM - Naldo

Marlow Rating - 7.

11th March 2006

Coca Cola Championship

West Ham (0)1 Vs Cardiff City (0)0

The home side went ahead in the 75th minute thanks to a lucky cross.

We def deserved a point out of this game tbh.

Cardiff MOM - Naldo

Marlow Rating - 7.

1st April 2006

Coca Cola Championship

Cardiff City (1)1 Vs Watford (0)1

Lunt fired us ahead after 15 mins with a great strike.

They levelled it in the 65th min.

Cardiff MOM - Naldo

Marlow Rating - 6.

8th April 2006

Coca Cola Championship

Cardiff City (1)1 Vs Forest (0)0

Daley fired us ahead in the 20th min with a great finish.

Cardiff MOM - Naldo

Marlow Rating - 7.

15th April 2006

Coca Cola Championship

Sheff Wed (0)0 Vs Cardiff City (1)2

Karaca fired us ahead after 30 mins with a great strike from 20 yards.

Parkin gout our second on the hour.

Cardiff MOM - Parkin - back to best.

Marlow Rating - 9.

18th April 2006

Coca Cola Championship

Cardiff City (0)0 Vs Palace (0)0

Crappy game but a decent result against high-flying Palace.

Cardiff MOM - Oko

Marlow Rating - 7.

23rd April 2006

Coca Cola Championship

Norwich (0)0 Vs Cardiff City (0)0

Playing away to a team currently sitting 3rd was always going to be tough, but a new-spirited

Cardiff has the potential to get a result

We proved this by gaining a 0-0 draw and were also very unlucky not to sneak the win in

injury time were it not for an offside flag.

Cardiff MOM - McLaren

Marlow Rating - 8.

29th April 2006

Coca Cola Championship

Cardiff City (1)3 Vs Derby (1)1

McLaren fired us ahead after 15 mins with a great finish.

They levelled things just before half time.

Kovacs put us back in front in the 55th min after being put through by a big header by Oko.

McAnuff finished them off in injury time with a simply magnificent individual run and finish.

Cardiff MOM - Kovacs

Marlow Rating - 8.

7th May 2006

Coca Cola Championship

Reading [Deano] (1)1 Vs Cardiff City (1)2

The home side took the lead after 25 mins - dodgy keeping.

Huss levelled the game for us in the 75th minute with a great finish.

Then, in injury time Huss slotted home his second to give us the lead.

Cardiff MOM - Huss

Marlow Rating - 9.

=====================================

Finished 12th Overall.

wigan.jpg

We are Wigan , Super Wigan , Were Not Winning , We Dont Care (much)

Thats how it feels to be the Wigan boss at this moment in time. After a largely forgettable premiership campaign, and a serious financial crisis at the club, a new , streamlined Wigan are going for another title, but without some of the stars who took them up the previous season , and who underperformed in the big league, seem intent on letting them down for a second season , things will not be as easy in the Championship this time around.

Players In

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>

<LI>Andrea Guatelli (GK) - Portsmouth - £250k

<LI>Fernando Ismael Rodriguez (AM/F C) - Cerro Porteno - £30k

<LI>Dean Ashton (S C) - Crewe - £600k

<LI>Billy Jones (D/DM RLC) - Crewe - £1.5M

<LI>Karl Noon (S C) - Peterborough - £60k

<LI>Lazaros Christodolopoulous - AM C - Free

<LI>Barry Nicholson - DM RC - Free

Players Out (AKA - The Fire Sale)[

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>

<LI>Alan Mahon - Hull - £1M

<LI>Freddy Guarin - Sheff United - £5M

<LI>Steven Hammell - Istres - £500k

<LI>Jamie Langfield - QPR - £30k

<LI>Jonathan Thompson - Vit Setubal - £130k

<LI>Jason Roberts - Nottm Forest - £500k

<LI>Martyn Corrigan - Norwich - £50k

<LI>Zander Diamond - Al Nasser - £200k

<LI> Bosmans / Released - Guy Demel , Pierre Wome , Flavio Maestri , Dodo , Emmanuel Petit, Mikele Leigertwood, Harold Lozano, John Filan, Ben Perry-Acton, Michael Hazeldine, David Anderson, Phil Hardy, Anthony Knight, Andy Reid, Wayne Quinn, David Healy, Mark Kennedy, Martin Keown.

And so the new season starts with another unbeaten run, though perhaps less spectacular than previous ones (13 games unbeaten , but 8 drawn)

Seasons Results

Wigan 2 - 2 Palace

Hull 0 - 0 Wigan

Wigan 0 - 0 Rotherham

Ipswich 0 - 3 Wigan

Wigan 5 - 3 Leicester

Coventry 1 - 3 Wigan

Sunderland 1 - 3 Wigan

Wigan 0 - 0 QPR

Wigan 0 - 0 Brighton

Wigan 1 - 0 Rushden

Plymouth 1 - 1 Wigan

Wigan 1 - 0 Watford

Leeds 0 - 0 Wigan

Wigan 2 - 1 Sheff Wed

Charlton 0 - 3 Wigan

Bolton 4 - 0 Wigan

Wigan 1 - 1 Norwich

Cardiff 5 - 0 Wigan

Everton 2 - 0 Wigan

Wigan 3 - 0 Reading

Wigan 2 - 0 Nottm Forest

Burnley 1 - 2 Wigan

So after the solid start, things went a bit pear shaped , with 2 thumping defeats to Bolton and Cardiff, but Wigan bounced back to win 3 on the trot, and as we leave this weeks update, theyre sitting comfortably in 5th place , well set for a playoff berth.

COME ON YOU LATICS!

wigan.jpg

Deano , What the Score , Deano Deano Whats the Score?

Yes, the Wigan rollercoaster is strongly back on track, the team has made one of its most influential signings of the decade, which has fans salivating, and a strong run of results moved the club back towards automatic promotion spots. Meantime, the Reading fans are perplexed by their managers lack of public face when the team has started going backwards from being promotion contenders to also rans. Fans dear thar Dean has abandoned the team as he did last season, and now should be sacked and a more competent, motivated manager given the job.

Results

Wigan 4 - 1 Derby

Pezzarossi (2)

Ellington

Teale

Stoke 0 - 3 Wigan

Teale

Bullard

Ellington

Wigan 0 - 0 West Ham

A run of results which has now seen Wigan win 6 of their last 7 has propelled the latics back into championship contention, although Bolton appear to be the runaway leaders. However Bolton's season was about to change, as were Wigans.

Latics confirm signing of Nigerian International Superstar

Bolton fans were stunned today as chairman Phil Gartside anonunced that the club had failed to reach a contract agreement with Nigerian midfielder Jay Jay Okocha, and as a result, the Nigerian international was leaving the club with immediate effect to local rivals Wigan Athletic. The Latics fans were in awe at such an impressive signing making his way down to the JJB Stadium, and sales of replica shirts immediately went through the roof as Jay Jay was paraded in front of the awaiting press hordes. He thanked Bolton fans for their years of praise, but criticised their board for not having the ambition to hold onto him. Okocha said he felt he had another premiership season in him, and the best place to prove this was Wigan Athletic, not the Reebok Stadium. He said he hoped to repay the faith that manager Stevie McGuinness had shown in him by giving him the 2 year contract Bolton would not provide, and promised to light up the JJB Stadium in the same way he had done at previous clubs. McGuinness was ecstatic to be unveiling such a talent, and thanked the board for backing him once more.

Wigan 2 - 0 Hull City

Jim Bristow brought his Tigers to the JJB, and they were mauled by Jay Jay the big game hunter. With just 6 minutes on the clock , Okocha picked up the ball on the half way line , his run beat 2 men , and the from 30 yards he tried an audacious curling shot which eluded the keeper and screamed into the corner of the net. 22 minutes on the clock , Healy wins the ball on the wing and feeds Adu. The youngster slides the ball to Okocha 25 yards out , and BOOM , its 2-0 with another trademark strike. The fans are delirious, and JJ warms to their applause. Its not all one way traffic , with Alan Mahon sliding one past the post from 20 yards against his old club, but with the Tigers being restricted to long range shots , and Adu getting free down the left almost every time , a third and finishing goal seems inevitable, but amazingly , it doesnt come , as some poor finishing from Adrianinho (who replaces Okocha after 66 minutes) and some better play from Hull sees the game peter out to a quiet finish. League leaders Bolton, without the influential Okocha , struggle against relegation threatened Sheffield Wednesday, and have their lead reduced at the top to just 7 points.

Just to let you guys know im still waiting to get my im STILL waiting for my loan to be agreed (two months and counting) ill be back as soon as i get it and fix my PC... this laptop is to ***** to play FM with icon_frown.gif

shefflogo.jpg

Ye Return of ye Kebab-Boy

All has been hard, all has been nasteh all has been rough and tough. The Truth is I never got to update my season 3 report because I was lazy and seeing that season 4 is halfway done... its about time i came up with this so off we go...

Season 3 - 2005-2006

The Sheffield United Supporters were anxious to see what other miracles their kebab breathed manager could come up with in the ruthless world of premiership football. It started all difficult as newly promoted Leeds, Wigan and Sheff Utd Struggled to get out of the relegation zone. The three slots were taken up by the three mentioned sides, Sheff Utd had made some considerable transfers in as follows:

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

| Date | Person | From | Fee |

| ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 3.1.2006 | Simak, Jan | Free Transfer | Free |

| ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 4.7.2005 | Petras, Martin | Sparta Prague | £375K |

| 4.7.2005 | Spicer, John | Free Transfer | Free |

| 5.7.2005 | Gresko, Vratislav | Blackburn | Free |

| 6.7.2005 | Kerr, Brian | Motherwell | £130K |

| 9.7.2005 | Homola, Jiri | Sparta Prague | £275K |

| 24.7.2005 | Zelenka, Lukas | Sparta Prague | £700K |

| 24.7.2005 | Udeze, Ifeanyi | Free Transfer | Free |

| 27.7.2005 | Öztürk, Sezer | Free Transfer | Free |

| 1.8.2005 | Juanfran | R. Madrid | Free |

| 26.8.2005 | de Souza, Giovane Élber | Lyon | Free |

| 1.1.2006 | Radzewicz, Marcin | Groclin | £700K |

| 1.1.2006 | Piovaccari, Federico | Inter | £1.7M |

| 1.1.2006 | Mokoena, Lebohang | Orlando Pirates | £350K |

| | | | |

| | | | |

</pre>

and some players were sent out because of the hard world of Premiership football.

| Date | Person | To | Fee |

| ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 8.2.2006 | Sutton, Brian | Free Transfer | Free |

| ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 1.7.2005 | Gama de Oliveira, José Roberto | Free Transfer | Free |

| 1.7.2005 | Sestanovich, Ashley | Free Transfer | Free |

| 1.7.2005 | Armstrong, Chris | Free Transfer | Free |

| 1.7.2005 | Quinn, Stephen | Free Transfer | Free |

| 1.7.2005 | Travis, Nick | Free Transfer | Free |

| 1.7.2005 | Gyaki, Ryan | Free Transfer | Free |

| 1.7.2005 | Horwood, Evan | Free Transfer | Free |

| 14.7.2005 | Quinn, Alan | Portsmouth | £925K |

| 17.7.2005 | Kabba, Steve | Peterborough | £22K |

| | | | |

| | | | |

</pre>

The second half of the season was a different story, and Sheff Utd managed to get some crucial wins that saw them stay in the EPL. In fact even finish 15th... but the real achievement that season was the FA Cup Final. Sheff Utd made it all the way to the FA Cup Final, beating arsenal and newcastle along the way, only to loose 1-0 to Chelsea in the Final. As a result, they got their UEFA cup place and all seemed well for the blades.

Sheff Utd managed to stay in the epl with a decent shout, and even secured the prospect for further glory in upcoming seasons. The Fans are truely proud of their great kebab munching manager Mr. Karakurt.

Season 2007-2008

It is late February in the EPL this season and Sheffield United are so far doing much better than expected in the EPL. Currently sitting 7th in the League, Sheffield United are one step ahead of most teams in their own catagory. They were regarded as pre-season relegation favorites. Vinnie Jones was even quoted to have said:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>them sods dissapointingly failed to drop last season, i'm sure its all good as dead this time around <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

everybody was saying the same thing, and it was time for the kebab muncher to proove them all wrong. Strong pre-season transfers saw stars like Bogdan Labont, Jermaine Jenas, Keiron Dyer, Lucas Zelenka and Suazo join the team. Sheffield are currently in the 1st Knockout round of the UEFA cup and in the 4th round of the FA Cup.

The complete list of transfers in and out are as follows...

| Date | Person | From | Fee |

| ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 1.7.2006 | D'Agostino, Gaetano| Roma | Free |

| ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 1.7.2006 | Suazo | Cagliari | Free |

| 1.7.2006 | Rasmussen, Thomas | Rostock | Free |

| 1.7.2006 | Janocko, Vladimir | Austria Vienna | Free |

| 1.7.2006 | Araújo, Igor | Porto | Free |

| 2.7.2006 | Lobont, Bogdan | Ajax | Free |

| 6.7.2006 | Maccarone, Massimo | Middlesbrough | Free |

| 8.7.2006 | Jakobsen, Michael | Free Transfer | Free |

| 8.7.2006 | Jackson, Ben | Leeds | £95K |

| 9.7.2006 | Dyer, Kieron | Free Transfer | Free |

| 21.7.2006 | Dudic, Milan | Red Star | Free |

| 1.8.2006 | Diego Rivas | At. Madrid | Free |

| 10.8.2006 | Jenas, Jermaine | Newcastle | £8.5M |

| 23.8.2006 | Guarín, Freddy | Wigan | £5M |

| | | | |

| | | | |

</pre>

| Date | Person | To | Fee |

| ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 6.6.2006 | Harley, Jon | Hull | £100K |

| ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 6.6.2006 | Barnes, Phil | Ipswich | £22K |

| 6.6.2006 | Green, Jamie | Free Transfer | Free |

| 6.6.2006 | Oliver, Dean | Free Transfer | Free |

| 6.6.2006 | McFadzean, Kyle | Free Transfer | Free |

| 6.6.2006 | Rogers, Ryan | Free Transfer | Free |

| 6.6.2006 | Turner, Richard | Free Transfer | Free |

| 29.6.2006 | Quinn, Keith | Free Transfer | Free |

| 1.7.2006 | Bromby, Leigh | Free Transfer | Free |

| 1.7.2006 | Marrison, Colin | Free Transfer | Free |

| 12.7.2006 | Karakatsanis, Platon | Panionios | £150K |

| 13.7.2006 | Jagielka, Phil | Southampton | £1.6M |

| 9.8.2006 | Thygesen, Mikkel | Istres | £375K |

| 19.8.2006 | Udeze, Ifeanyi | Wolves | £550K |

| 23.8.2006 | Gray, Andy | Leeds | £400K |

| 30.8.2006 | Robertson, Jordan | Free Transfer | Free |

| 29.12.2006 | Law, Nicky | Free Transfer | Free |

| 13.1.2007 | Piovaccari, Federico | Palermo | £1M |

| | | | |

| | | | |

</pre>

Added to the transfer list is Zsolt Dveri, who is currently in talks with Wigan over a 100k transfer.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>ah reeli like meh tiim but az dey sey... di shov mast go on <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

the fans were all rather displeased at the news of him leaving but they wished him all the best. He just wasn't getting enough out of the EPL for his liking anyway.

So... currently as it stands, i'm 7th in the EPL, Still in Contention in Europe and Still in the FA Cup. I may get lucky... i may sink low i do not know but i hope it all works well in the end.

My updates will be regular from now on my 10 day trip to Istanbul kinda messed up my schedule but more to follow pretty soon, consider this just a mild update that no-one would give a rat's ass about :p

p.s: i cannot preview my text and i do not know if the coded transfer reports will work, so if they screw up... try following it anyway.

shefflogo.jpg

Sheffield United Faces the Biggies? What next!

The last one and a half season in the premiership has been quite an experience for most of us Sheffield people and our kebab breathing manager has finally come back from his extensive tour of Istanbul to take charge of the team once again (for those of you that don't know, he's been touring Istanbul to publicise his new fast food doner chain).

After spending January 2007 without a loss, drawing against Arsenal most considerably, Sheffield Manager Emir KArakurt won yet another "Manager of the Month Runner Up Award". This has been his 5th MOM RU award, he has yet to win one...

The first match of February saw Sheffield United draw against league leaders Chelsea 0-0 at home. The Tired squad could only just about put up with the strong and dynamic Chelsea side and Lobont did his best to avoid an untimely loss.

A loss to Aston Villa at Villa Park sealed Sheffield Utd's first loss in almost 1.5 months. Let's see what the future holds for this young Sheffield side.

wigan.jpg

Why are we waiting (for a league win)

So the season trundles on for Wigan, but the loss of key players has severely dented their promotion run, and it looks like the playoffs for the Latics.

Results

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>

<LI>Wigan 1 - 3 Leicester

<LI>Wigan 0 - 0 Southend

<LI>Wigan 0 - 0 Coventry

<LI>Wigan 1 - 1 Brighton

<LI>[Cup] Wigan 3 - 0 Southend

<LI>Wigan 1 - 1 QPR

Injuries to key men Freddy Adu , Jay Jay Okocha , Nathan Ellington and Selim Taber have sent shockwaves through the Wigan camp, and caused a serious drying up of

goals. The situation has reached a point now where the fans are starting to ask if the Promotion push is over for the year, even though the board have made it clear that

financially, Wigan cannot survive another season in the Championship, and failure to win promotion would see a fire sale at the JJB Stadium. Fans have accused McGuinness

of squandering the vast fortune he had to spend on sub standard players on huge wages, and having witnessed the recent performances from some of the more senior players,

perhaps even McGuinness is starting to believe that. Despite having a wealth of young talent to choose from, the Wigan manager seems unable to get the best from his team,

and its rumoured the board and contemplating his future. McGuinness however is remaining positive and upbeat, and promising the fans this will be Wigans season.

Wigan 3 - 0 Plymouth

And then finally a bit of a revival. Pezzarossi comes back from the Gold Cup, and suddenly things change. Reverting to a 4-4-2 , Wigan dominate from start to finish, playing the visitors off the park. Pezzarossi opens the scoring himself, and then Brown comes on for Adrianinho

UP THE LATICS!

FA Cup 5th Round

Wigan 0 - 0 Newcastle

This was battling. This was bloody. This was bruising, but this was the game that saved Wigans season. Great goalkeeping and poor finishing contributed to a goalless draw that was anything but boring. The game gave Wigan back some financial clout, as the replay at St James Park will attract a 50k capacity crowd, which for a club struggling with cash, is a lifeline.

dalesbanner.jpg

Smurthwaite Steals Rushden Diamonds!

New Rushden & Diamonds manager Dale Smurthwaite today said:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I am very pleased to be given this chance to manage such a good side as Rushden. I am determined to bring success to this club, and if that means forgoing promotion this season then so be it. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Smurf-as he has asked us to call him- has already brought in some players to strengthen his depleted squad and 6 players have been bought so far.

Goalkeeper Brian Murphy, defenders Jamie Gould and Terrell Forbes add to the defence side of things while additions to the midfield and attack force include attacking midfielder Alex Gildea and striker Che Stadhart. Thes players are unproven in the Football League, but Smurthwaite maintains that they are some of the players to kick start the Rushden success story.

Results so far.

With 2 league games and a Vans Trophy game played since The Smurf took over, Rushden & Diamonds are holding their own with the limited squad they have.

League 1 Match - Oldham - 1-1 DRAW.

A game that should have been won by Rushden, with more possession and shots on goal, they were unlucky to grab all 3 points here.

League 1 Match - Wrexham - 3-3 DRAW.

Rushden were robbed here and again should have had the 3 points after Stevens scored a very fine hatrick to show his manager he was worth picking for the first team on a regular basis.

LD Vans Trophy Match - Cheltenham - 3-0 LOSS.

Smurthwaite took his hat off to the opposition manager here after his team were outplayed and outgunned in this game. Rushden are out of the competition, but their spirits havent been dampened.

In conclusion

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I feel that I have a squad with the potential to well, but I need a little time for the new players in the team to gel and play well as a team. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Those were the words of Dale Smurthwaite and only time will tell if he can pull it off and prove his critics wrong.

Until my next report...

DS.

HullCity.jpg

A season of mediocrity beckons. Which is a nice change from the previous seasons where I've been sacked once and missed out on relegation on the last day of the season.

Biggest disappointment of the season so far has been the mediocre performances from £1 million signing Mahon on the left wing.

Both my loan signings spent their spells here with their pet lips showing their unhappiness at their surroundings and were no help at all.

I have a few signings arranged for next season that'll give us a push. This time next year Rodney, we'll be top of the table.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Lambie's Lovechild:

any time you want to sell him back to me Serps , ill take him back on a free. icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He did better last night. But he misses so many chances when he's in a great position.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Serpico:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Lambie's Lovechild:

any time you want to sell him back to me Serps , ill take him back on a free. icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He did better last night. But he misses so many chances when he's in a great position. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The downside to most of the best wingers is that they cant finish. Teale misses at least 5 or 6 chances a game but he sets up so many for the rest of the team and his rating is so good that I dont worry about it.

• 2 weeks later...

wigan.jpg

So Near, and yet so far, but we are Wigan, and we are Superstars

After the agony of a playoff final defeat to Cardiff denied the Latics an automatic return to the top tier of English football, a radical signing policy was adopted. With the boards backing, McGuinness was given carte blanche to find not only the best Bosmans available, but the strongest players from across Europe to build a team capable of competing with the best. And boy did he deliver!

Players In

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>

<LI> Eirik Bakke (AM RC) - Leeds - Bosman

<LI> Daniel Carvalho (AM LC) - CSKA Moscow - £1.7M

<LI> Stephen Laybutt (D LC) - AA Gent - Bosman

<LI> Nuno Valente (D L) - Man City - Bosman

<LI> Radoslav Kovac (D/DM C) - Sparta Prague - £475k

<LI> Rene Aufhauser (DM C) - G A K - Bosman

<LI> Pavel Pardo (D/DM RC) - America (MEX) - Bosman

<LI> Martin Jiranek (D R) - Sparta Prague - £775k

Players Out

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>

<LI>Free Transfers - Gary Powell, Michael Abbott, John Rogers, Lee Watts, Ryan Webb, Ryan Morley

As the season starts, the Wigan fans are salivating at the quality players which have been acquired over the summer, and the board are backing the manager by promising to keep the finances on an even keel after McGuinness was forced to sell star players last year to balance the books. But rumours abound on the terraces of the JJB stadium that an agreement is in place for Freddy Adu to leave the club this summer for a sizeable fee after the USA international starred last season in the Latics promotion chase. McGuinness has denied anything has been signed, but has admitted that Wigan are a club that would find a huge offer difficult to turn down, especially if the player himself decided he wanted to move on. Bids have been placed for a new right back, rumoured to be Czech international Martin Jiranek, and McGuinness has taken a few weeks off on holiday allowing his assistant to get the team fit for the new season.

Archived