Ultimate Football Manager Internet Game [*Not an Established Clan anymore as currently we are a disgrace*]

dogs

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wigan.jpg

Wigan 3 - 0 Hull

And on the first day of the season , in front of an expectant crowd, the Latics delivered. A brilliant performance tore a lacklustre Hull apart, and goals from Gary Teale and Joleon Lescott, and an OG from the unfortunate Mart Poom saw Wigan cruise to an opening day 3 points. The season was off to a flyer!

Derby 0 - 1 Wigan

A brilliant, solid performance from Wigan, with a fast counter attacking tactic which was well balanced with a solid , hard tackling midfield performance against a hard working if unspectacular Derby side. Eirik Bakke was the difference, nodding home a brilliant Ellington cross. The fans seem happy with their start to the season , but McGuinness reminds them there are 44 matches still to play.

Wigan 2 - 0 West Ham

3 from 3 is a great start to the season, and Wigan fans are ecstatic to get off to such a good start. For 75 minutes, this one looked like a draw, then McGuinness made an inspired substitution. On came Jay Jay Okocha and Nathan Ellington to give Bakke and Pezzarossi a chance to rest for the next game, and within 2 minutes , it paid dividends , Okocha tapping home an Ellington cross from 2 yards. And better was to follow and Okocha found the outstanding Daniel Carvalho whos cross was headed home by Ellington on 81 minutes. Fans are pleased , players are pleased , Manager is pleased.

Players Out

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>

<LI>Barry Nicholson - DM RC - £50k - Hull City

<LI>Dean Ashton - S C - £75k - Plymouth

<LI>Adrianinho - AM/F LC - Free - Millwall

The loss of these 3 players for such a little amount compared to the outlay on them (which was a combined £2.8M). However their departure frees up nearly £60k a week in wages , which is over £3.1M a season. The board are appreciative that McGuinness is paying attention to the financial as well as footballing side of the club.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Serpico:

After the disappointing amount of play we've managed over the last two weekends, is there any prospect of a mid week session? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would be up for that. As long as we got 24 hours notice.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Serpico:

I thought we were getting the game going Friday night? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

aye thats what i meant

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Marlow:

Aye, you've got me all excited now. icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

a restart is drastic , i'll do anything to get naldo icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Marlow:

The new game sucks, I say bring back the old game! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We did

Now we can all say "Marlow Sucks" again. Thanks for setting us right again. Now get off and make the tea, and dont forget I want TWO ginger creams this time.

IMAGE REMOVED UNTIL BOD LEARNS HOW TO SIZE IMAGES PROPERLY, THE BLOODY NUMPTY - Cheers Deano

Here we go with Leeds United

We're gonna give the boys a hand

Stand up and sing for Leeds United

They are the greatest in the land

Yes , in the face of financial ruin, and with yet another diddy in charge, Ken Bates made a radical decision. Today was the day Leeds would be reborn. Bates would bring in his own man for the job, and that man was Stevie "Bod" McGuinness. Whilst being seen by most as a relatively inexperienced choice for the job, Bates publicly backed his manager for his frugal approach to the transfer market, and the fact he worked for a pittance in comparison to some of the other managers in the league. McGuinness himself was pleased to be appointed, so much so that he went as far as saying "Id welcome Alan Smith back to the club anytime ..... I would be the one with the shotgun". Bates smirked, the fans laughed, the press went to Old Trafford looking for quotes, and the revolution at Leeds had begun.....

Archived