dafuge's South American tour

dafuge

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Club Deportivo Wanka - Copa Movistar- 2024

My first year in Peru had the challenge of avoiding relegation.

Apertura - this was a great start for us.

Clausura - we really hit form here.

Group B - this looks good, but we had a shocker losing six of our fourteen games.

Overall Table - I'm delighted with third place

Playoffs - we made the final, but Alianza were a class above us.

Squad - we have a number of decent players, but our squad strength is pretty poor.

Transfers - mostly free transfers, although that will change as two of our best players are about to be sold by the board.

Finances - a pretty bad loss, which may have influenced the player sales by the board.

Key Player Profiles:

Fabián Córdoba - one of my signings became our top scorer.

Milton Luna - his strike partner was another new signing.

Erick Guerra - a great midfielder.

Julio Toledo - one of our best players is about to leave thanks to the board accepting a bid.

Jonathan Moreira - I'm amazed he signed for me after I released him at Nacional.

Career Overview:

Season     Team                   Country    League                          Position  Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2017       San Marcos de Arica    Chile      Primera B                       4th       
2018       San Marcos de Arica    Chile      Primera B                       4th       
2019       San Marcos de Arica    Chile      Primera B                       1st       Promoted
2020       San Marcos de Arica    Chile      Primera División                1st       Copa Chile winners
2021       Nacional               Uruguay    Campeonato Uruguayo             1st       Intermedio winners
2022       Nacional               Uruguay    Campeonato Uruguayo             1st       Intermedio and Copa Sudamericana winners
2023       Nacional               Uruguay    Campeonato Uruguayo             1st       Intermedio winners
2024       Deportivo Wanka        Peru       Copa Movistar                   3rd       Playoff finalists
Next Season:

With the board selling our best players, I'm not sure how much progress we can really make.

9 hours ago, noikeee said:

Get a smaller job in Brazil?

That might be the only way I'm going to be able to make a move to one of the big two countries.

I'm happy here for the time being though, just trying my luck with the odd huge job that turns up.

Just had a horrible stroke of luck with our star player Christopher Barbieri.

Sarmiento made a reasonable bid for him, which the board accepted. It must have been the last day of the transfer window as the deal went through immediately.

Despite the transfer going through, the option to protest the transfer was still there.

The board agreed to reject the bid :mad:

Club Deportivo Wanka - Copa Movistar- 2025

We had a decent first season under my management, but it was going to be difficult to repeat that as our best players left for bigger clubs.

Apertura - we were awful as we struggled cope with the fixture congestion due to the Copa Libertadores.

Clausura - we improved a lot, hitting great form at the end of the season.

Group B - our form continued, but losing both games to Alianza didn't help us catch them up.

Overall Table - it may be the same position as last season, but we were much closer to the title this time.

Playoffs - we came up short against Alianza once again, but recovered to win the 3rd place playoff.

Copa Libertadores - this was embarrassing.

Squad - it's hard to build a squad when the best players keep leaving, but we've got some good young players here.

Transfers - bigger clubs kept pinching our best players and I kept replacing them.

Finances - we were in a decent position until I spent all the transfer money.

Key Player Profiles:

Milton Luna - our top scorer.

Fabián Córdoba - had a decent season, but missed a lot due to injury.

Jimmy Chávez - an exciting new signing, although his release clause is a worry.

Valci - seemed to thrive under his new role as a winger due to the Chávez signing.

Edson Garcia - the new signing had a decent start, but the coaches aren't convinced.

Career Overview:

Season     Team                   Country    League                          Position  Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2017       San Marcos de Arica    Chile      Primera B                       4th       
2018       San Marcos de Arica    Chile      Primera B                       4th       
2019       San Marcos de Arica    Chile      Primera B                       1st       Promoted
2020       San Marcos de Arica    Chile      Primera División                1st       Copa Chile winners
2021       Nacional               Uruguay    Campeonato Uruguayo             1st       Intermedio winners
2022       Nacional               Uruguay    Campeonato Uruguayo             1st       Intermedio and Copa Sudamericana winners
2023       Nacional               Uruguay    Campeonato Uruguayo             1st       Intermedio winners
2024       Deportivo Wanka        Peru       Copa Movistar                   3rd       Playoff finalists
2025       Deportivo Wanka        Peru       Copa Movistar                   3rd       
Next Season:

If I can keep the current squad together, I think we have got a decent chance of winning the league next season. I've signed a new contract for two more years, so I've got plenty of time to achieve my goals.

On ‎29‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 14:56, dafuge said:

Just had a horrible stroke of luck with our star player Christopher Barbieri.

Sarmiento made a reasonable bid for him, which the board accepted. It must have been the last day of the transfer window as the deal went through immediately.

Despite the transfer going through, the option to protest the transfer was still there.

The board agreed to reject the bid :mad:

He still won player of the year :(

Just written out an update and it won't let me post it :mad:

ERROR

The request could not be satisfied.

Request blocked.

Generated by cloudfront (CloudFront)
Request ID: Aj4m6qyxLwv1XaRPWbmVh69BqIlZyKSktkx9eLqqWOLV61BzIWwoUg==

I'm getting this, any ideas?

Club Deportivo Wanka - Copa Movistar- 2026

Last season was a bit of a disappointment as we failed to improve on the previous season, but I've been building a decent squad of young players so my hopes were high for the new campaign.

Apertura - we were in superb form, remaining unbeaten.

Clausura - our form continued as we pulled away from Alianza.

Group A - our form actually dipped a bit here as I rotated the squad.

Overall Table - I was unaware of how close this was, as Alianza blitzed group B.

Playoffs - we came so close to throwing away a 4-0 first leg lead to win on away goals.

Copa Libertadores - we did well to reach the group stage where we were narrowly edged out by my old club. Our Sudamericana run was short, but we held our own against Vasco.

Squad - I'm not sure how long I can keep these players together, it's only a matter of time before bigger clubs start pinching them again.

Transfers - just the one signing.

Finances - the finances are in a decent state, I'm hoping the board will finally go ahead with some improvements to the facilities.

Key Player Profiles:

Milton Luna - an amazing season, I was over the moon with his goals.

Fabián Córdoba - had another good season, but gave me a headache with the foreign limit.

Jimmy Chávez - the exciting signing of last season.

Gabriel Menezes - this season's new signing.

Ricardo Portugal - an exciting new youth product.

Career Overview:

Season     Team                   Country    League                          Position  Achievements

2017       San Marcos de Arica    Chile      Primera B                       4th      

2018       San Marcos de Arica    Chile      Primera B                       4th      

2019       San Marcos de Arica    Chile      Primera B                       1st       Promoted

2020       San Marcos de Arica    Chile      Primera División                1st       Copa Chile winners

2021       Nacional               Uruguay    Campeonato Uruguayo             1st       Intermedio winners

2022       Nacional               Uruguay    Campeonato Uruguayo             1st       Intermedio and Copa Sudamericana winners

2023       Nacional               Uruguay    Campeonato Uruguayo             1st       Intermedio winners

2024       Deportivo Wanka        Peru       Copa Movistar                   3rd       Playoff finalists

2025       Deportivo Wanka        Peru       Copa Movistar                   3rd      

2026       Deportivo Wanka        Peru       Copa Movistar                   1st       Playoff winners

Next Season:

Just before the playoff started I applied for the Flamengo job yet again, just like my previous attempts I didn't even get an interview. I have one more year left on my contract, but I think I'm going to need a stepping stone club to give me a chance of being in contention for the bigger jobs. I'm happy to see out my contract, but I might try my luck with a fee more job application during the season.

Club Deportivo Wanka - Copa Movistar- 2027

Last season we stormed the league, which meant I had achieved my goals at this club. Despite applying for a few jobs, I ended up staying here for the season.

Apertura - not as impressive as last season, but we were on top at the end of the first stage.

Clausura - we still didn't manage to hit top form, but extended our lead at the top.

Group A - it took us five matches to get a win, but we finished strongly.

Overall Table - this was ten points fewer than last season, but still enough to top the table.

Playoffs - we had a shocker in the first match but managed to sneak it on away goals. The final was a bit easier.

Copa Libertadores - it was the usual story as we just couldn't compete with the teams from Argentina and Brazil.

Squad - the squad depth isn't ideal, but we have some great players here.

Transfers - one of my star players was pinched, which caused a hug dip in form as his replacement took a while to settle.

Finances - quite a loss, but I'm hopeful that the improvements to the facilities will still go ahead.

Key Player Profiles:

Milton Luna - not quite up to the level of last season, but still our top scorer.

Gabriel Menezes - the big signing of last season was superb.

Stefan - Valci's replacement did well after settling in.

Sergio Campos - a number of clubs are after this right back.

Ricardo Portugal - the youth product from last season did well.

Career Overview:

2025       Deportivo Wanka        Peru       Copa Movistar                   3rd       
2026       Deportivo Wanka        Peru       Copa Movistar                   1st       Playoff winners
2027       Deportivo Wanka        Peru       Copa Movistar                   1st       Playoff winners
Next Season:

My contract is about to expire, so I'll be seeing that out unless a job opportunity turns up in the next few weeks. I'm not entirely sure where I'd like to go next, maybe a big club in Colombia or one of the smaller clubs in Argentina.

QUwosRv.png

San Lorenzo turned me down, but I've managed to land a job in the top flight of Argentina with Argentinos Juniors.

Club - the name of the stadium is the biggest story here, this was Diego Maradona's first club.

Facilities - the facilities are great, which is a huge improvement on my previous club.

Finances - the finances don't look brilliant, but there's money to spend.

Squad - some of the best players are here on loan, which is a shame. Like some of the other clubs I've joined, there are loads of players in the youth squads.

League Table - relegation is decided on average points over four years, so even a decent season could see us relegated.

The relegation situation makes my first season a bit unpredictable, but I'm assuming I'm in for a relegation battle.

So... has Argentina scrapped that crazy idea of having 30 teams in the top division? That put me off from Argentina for a few years, if it's back to something more sensible I might just have to manage there in FM17 at some point.

Looks like they might have scrapped a Apertura/Clausura type season too? That was kind of part of the fun.

8 hours ago, noikeee said:

So... has Argentina scrapped that crazy idea of having 30 teams in the top division? That put me off from Argentina for a few years, if it's back to something more sensible I might just have to manage there in FM17 at some point.

Looks like they might have scrapped a Apertura/Clausura type season too? That was kind of part of the fun.

It looks like the 30 teams is being narrowed down to 24. This seems to suggest it will stop at 24, but I can't complain about having just 20 teams in the league.

Another fine save thread  bud, do not know how you have time to get threw so many seasons so quick, wish i could keep up good work been thinking starting thread up myself but my pc not very good and always keeps crashing and lose saves. 

Argentinos Juniors - Primera División - 2028/29

After finally leaving Deportivo Wanka, I made my first move to one of the big two nations.

League Table - we had a terrible start including a 15 game winless streak. Our form picked up to give us a respectable finish, but the average points table relegated us.

Copa Argentina - the cup seems to be split across the break between the seasons, which is a bit odd.

Squad - I managed to put together some great players, but they took far too long to gel and our weak defence proved problematic.

Transfers - we somehow managed to make a profit as I was busy in the transfer market.

Finances - this is bad, especially with the relegation.

Key Player Profiles:

Leandro Paredes - top scorer, but he didn't really hit a run of form.

Marco Cohen - our second highest scorer got just 8.

Daniel José - a great signing who was very nearly pinched by Boca.

David Medina - another great signing, a bargain at £1.6m.

Adrián Cuatrín - a new youth product who looks decent.

Career Overview:

2026       Deportivo Wanka        Peru       Copa Movistar                   1st       Playoff winners
2027       Deportivo Wanka        Peru       Copa Movistar                   1st       Playoff winners
2028/29    Argentinos Juniors     Argentina  Primera División                15th      Relegated
Next Season:

The relegation was on the cards for a long time, there was no way we were going to overhaul the average points to avoid it, the question is do I stick around? Nearly all my best players have small release clauses which clubs will inevitably make use of, next season could be messy if I stay.

I applied for the River job with a month of the season left, I got interviewed but they chose someone else. That would have been an ideal way out, but I'm seriously thinking about quitting now.

13 hours ago, ManUtd1 said:

Loving the save, @dafuge.  I haven't properly managed in South America...ever, I don't think.  This save has given me an idea, though, if/when my current save runs its course.

Nice one :)

It is very different to managing in Europe, there's no money and the league rules are all over the place!

6 hours ago, dafuge said:

Here's the challenge the club faces.

There's a decent chance my best players are all pinched leaving me with a loss made on them.

The last one's the real worry, negotiations on his contract were really tough and I took the gamble on that clause.

Only five of these players have been signed (so far) and I've been able to splash out on some decent replacements.

I've given the remaining players this promise:

St7HapZ.png

The season has not started yet, but I'm optimistic. My contract is up at the end of this season, so it is all or nothing!

Argentinos Juniors - Primera B Nacional - 2029/30

I was ready to quit after the relegation, but I stuck around as I got the chance to rebuild the squad and aim for promotion.

League Table - we won this pretty easily, we could have won by a huge margin had I not taken the chance to rotate the squad.

Copa Argentina - we had a tough draw, but suffered a narrow loss to the 2nd placed team in the top flight.

Squad - there are a few positions we could improve in, but this squad should be good enough next season.

Transfers - it was a tough transfer window as my best players were all pinched, but I made some decent replacements.

Finances - looks good, but the board made regular investments to keep us out of trouble. A £4m payment saved us from receivership.

Key Player Profiles:

Marco Cohen - he failed to impress last season, but the departure of our star striker really helped him take his chance.

Fabián Barrios - the new signing had a tough first season, but hopefully there's more to come.

Marcelo Ibarra - a desperation signing to replace a star, but he did a great job.

Héctor Giovagnoli - an amazing free transfer, now our most valuable player.

Juan Manuel Denis - a great looking youth product.

Career Overview:

2028/29    Argentinos Juniors     Argentina  Primera División                15th      Relegated
2029/30    Argentinos Juniors     Argentina  Primera B Nacional              1st       Promoted as champions
Next Season:

I've signed a new contract for one more year, but I'm still keen to use this club to get myself noticed in Argentina in the hope of landing one of the big jobs.

Argentinos Juniors - Primera División - 2030/31

Relegation wasn't something I was expecting when I moved here, but we have bounced back stronger than before. This season I was far more confident of beating the drop than last time.

League Table - this was a superb result, especially as our early form wasn't particularly great.

Copa Argentina - two wins, so I've the got the 7th round to look forward to next season.

Squad - I've included the reserves as we've got a decent number of youth products backing up the first team.

Transfers - we made a decent profit as I signed two brilliant Colombians.

Finances - not quite as good as the could have been, so I'm hoping the improvements to the facilities still go ahead.

Key Player Profiles:

Fabián Barrios - top scorer, and finished the season in great form.

Héctor Giovagnoli - played well in the AMC position.

Christian Duré - one of our most valuable players, but he wants to leave.

Luis Fernando Guevara - signed midseason and made a huge difference to our results.

Roberto Bonafina - a youth product from last season who is making incredible improvements.

Career Overview:

2029/30    Argentinos Juniors     Argentina  Primera B Nacional              1st       Promoted as champions
2030/31    Argentinos Juniors     Argentina  Primera División                7th
Next Season:

I'm still hopeful that a big club in either Argentina or Brazil will offer me a job, but I'm also happy to see out the final year on my contract. We won't be catching Boca, but I fancy our chances to compete with the other teams at the top of the table.

Archived