dafuge's South American tour

dafuge

CR Flamengo - Campeonato Brasileiro - 2039

After many successful years at Boca Juniors I finally made my move to the club I admired as a child. My board expected immediate results.

League Table - we won it with ease, despite rotating the squad for a lot of matches.

Campeonato Carioca - this was a great opportunity to prepare the squad, and we won as expected.

Liga Sul-Minas-Rio - we had a great run but got caught out playing a weakened side against lower league opposition.

Copa do Brasil - once again, our reserve players let us down.

Copa Libertadores - we were on fire until we slipped up against eventual winners Tigres.

Squad - there's still a lot of work to be done, but we have some great players.

Transfers - I made the most of my old club selling players on the cheap, and there will be more to come.

Finances - a big loss, but I think I can improve that by cutting the wage bill.

Key Player Profiles:

Antônio Carlos - top scorer, but he's not the player to lead our line.

Gastón Ortega - one of a number of players pinched from my old club.

Wagner - another one.

Nicolás Martinuzzi - another one.

Peter - a decent looking youngster.

Career Overview:

Season     Team                   Country    League                          Position  Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2017       San Marcos de Arica    Chile      Primera B                       4th       
2018       San Marcos de Arica    Chile      Primera B                       4th       
2019       San Marcos de Arica    Chile      Primera B                       1st       Promoted
2020       San Marcos de Arica    Chile      Primera División                1st       Copa Chile winners
2021       Nacional               Uruguay    Campeonato Uruguayo             1st       Intermedio winners
2022       Nacional               Uruguay    Campeonato Uruguayo             1st       Intermedio and Copa Sudamericana winners
2023       Nacional               Uruguay    Campeonato Uruguayo             1st       Intermedio winners
2024       Deportivo Wanka        Peru       Copa Movistar                   3rd       Playoff finalists
2025       Deportivo Wanka        Peru       Copa Movistar                   3rd       
2026       Deportivo Wanka        Peru       Copa Movistar                   1st       Playoff winners
2027       Deportivo Wanka        Peru       Copa Movistar                   1st       Playoff winners
2028/29    Argentinos Juniors     Argentina  Primera División                15th      Relegated
2029/30    Argentinos Juniors     Argentina  Primera B Nacional              1st       Promoted as champions
2030/31    Argentinos Juniors     Argentina  Primera División                7th
2031/32    Argentinos Juniors     Argentina  Primera División                2nd       Copa Argentina winners
2032/33    Boca Juniors           Argentina  Primera División                1st       
2033/34    Boca Juniors           Argentina  Primera División                1st       Copa Argentina and Copa Sudamericana winners
2034/35    Boca Juniors           Argentina  Primera División                1st       Copa Argentina winners
2035/36    Boca Juniors           Argentina  Primera División                1st       Copa Argentina and Copa Libertadores winners
2036/37    Boca Juniors           Argentina  Primera División                1st       Copa Libertadores winners and CWC finalists
2037/38    Boca Juniors           Argentina  Primera División                1st       Copa Libertadores winners and CWC finalists
2038/39    Boca Juniors           Argentina  Primera División                n/a       Copa Libertadores and CWC winners, left in December
2039       Flamengo               Brazil     Brasileirão                     1st       Campeonato Carioca winners
Next Season:

I'm still in the early stages of rebuilding the squad, so hopefully next season I can take a step closer to building a squad capable of competing for every trophy.

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, dj clark boy said:

another good season there dafuge still do not know how you get threw so quick, i struggle to get game time now with work hours 

It took me about a week to finish that season, that's pretty slow for me!

Brazil is a long season though, so many games to play.

3 hours ago, dafuge said:

It took me about a week to finish that season, that's pretty slow for me!

Brazil is a long season though, so many games to play.

wow wish i had time to play all week lucky to get two three hours day lol 

How in the world have I missed this up to this point? Great read and as annoying as loving the first save had to be, love that you just reset and did it all again a second time. Really enjoyed catching up and seeing what you accomplished across the confinement.

I've been managing in Russia, but listening to some podcasts on the Copa Libertadores has made me want to give South America a try. Reading thru this just reinforced that desire significantly.

Just now, Bigpapa42 said:

That's really frustrating. Is the error related to any league leagues you used, perhaps? 

Hope you tackle another career somewhere. And just as importantly, share it with us. 

I only used the official SI leagues, so I doubt it. I believe it was due to a Mexican team winning the competition, which was apparently the reason for it last time as well.

I'm considering a short term career with the club I support, Portsmouth.

12 hours ago, dafuge said:

I've just tried holidaying for a year, the Copa Libertadores is gone :(

There's no way I'm starting again in South America, it's just too bugged.

Ruined my save to, competition got stuck after the last prelim round and the groups never got drawn, was heartbreaking.  Feel for you man

8 minutes ago, dj clark boy said:

Hi  bud have you reported the issue to si games, also were were you thinking starting you new carer at 

I've reported it numerous times.

1 minute ago, dafuge said:

It's happened to me twice now :mad:

do you know what caused it? I had problems in the Peruvian league whenever I won the competition as the World Club Cup interrupted the league play offs although they still played the prelims so no idea why the groups were never drawn I hoped the following year it would come back.  Was it the same issue for you no groups drawn and then stuck on prelim results? I only had SI leagues loaded too

1 minute ago, argento said:

do you know what caused it? I had problems in the Peruvian league whenever I won the competition as the World Club Cup interrupted the league play offs although they still played the prelims so no idea why the groups were never drawn I hoped the following year it would come back.  Was it the same issue for you no groups drawn and then stuck on prelim results? I only had SI leagues loaded too

I think it is due to a Mexican team winning the competition.

17 minutes ago, dafuge said:

I've reported it numerous times.

i see and still not sorted it, shocking you were doing so well too. Are you make thread for it or are you just wait till new football manager for your new thread?

49 minutes ago, dafuge said:

I only used the official SI leagues, so I doubt it. I believe it was due to a Mexican team winning the competition, which was apparently the reason for it last time as well.

Well there goes one theory. I saw some leagues fail to schedule any fixtures with some editor files to add additional leagues. 

Portsmouth could be a fun save. Very different dynamics than the South American adventures. 

10 hours ago, dj clark boy said:

i see and still not sorted it, shocking you were doing so well too. Are you make thread for it or are you just wait till new football manager for your new thread?

I was thinking of playing it without posting in a thread, but I think I'd find that quite strange now after all these years!

Archived