[FM17] Oh I do like to beta beside the seaside...

RSJ

f0a3abfa4f.jpg

Welcome to my beta save, managing Blackpool FC. We all know (i think) of Blackpool's history...not too long ago they were flying in the Premiership but going into the start of the 2016/17 season, they are languishing down in League 2. 

Its my aim to restore the club to former glories and get them back to the Premiership ASAP.

My first real save on the Beta so still learning the ropes for FM 17.

Not sure how often the updates will come, ill see how we are getting on.

Would welcome any feedback and interaction. Thanks (in advance) for following!

Rich

Game: 

Football Manager 2017 (PC)

Database: 

Large

Leagues Loaded:

English (Vanarama North/South and above)

Good luck. Can't quite believe what's happened to Blackpool. Doesn't seem five minutes since they were getting promoted to the Premier League (and with an ex-Argyle manager too). Hopefully you can turn them round, as we seem to be doing in real life (finally)

Thanks for the comments guys.

My mate at work supports Blackpool and really does pin all the blame to Oysten (the chairman). Time will tell as to how he may influence my spell at the club.

I will post an update to the season at the turn of the year (in--game).

Been a bit busy IRL but dedicating a good proportion of the weekend to FM :)

Been playing this, when time permits and now ive a bit more free time, im  wanting to resurrect this thread :) My here on in, will provide monthly updates and then yearly previews & round ups.

You arent too far behind. It Sept 16th of the second season and i'll update at the end of the month.

My first season in charge ended like this...

48a2469aa1.png

I'll post again soon. I welcome any interaction, thanks for reading so far.

f0a3abfa4f.jpg

Blackpool F.C

Season Preview 2017/18

League Expectation:

SkyBet League One - Avoid Relegation (Media Prediction 13th)

Cup Expectations:

FA Cup - Reach the Third Round

League Cup - Reach the Second Round

Johnstones Paint Trophy - Reach the Second Round

Transfer Budget: £110,000

Wage Budget: £60,679 p/w

Managers Thoughts:

A big job ahead, i think the plan will have to be to stick to the boards expectations and make sure we give a decent account of ourselves and stay in this division. A bit of a freshen up is required for the squad. The board arent being too helpful when it come to strengthening my backroom staff. Theres going to be a real focus on training this season (and a first for me on FM) - i'm taking control of all training rather then (usually) letting my Ass. Manager handle it. 2 great signings already on board in Jake Forster-Caskey and Max Clayton, im looking forward to seeing what they can bring to the team.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

August 2017

b57c0a7d56.png

We started life in league one by going to one of the league favorites, scoring in the 92nd minute to secure the 3 points in a 1-0 win. The following game saw us exiting the League Cup but i wast really bothered by this if im honest, the performance was a decent one and i see it as a cup that may get in our way a little. 2 more defeats followed when we returned back to league competition, i was starting to think we would have a real job on our hands staying in this division. Moral was boosted a little in the 3-0 win over Walsall, only for it to be shattered by MK Dons who gave us an absolute thumping (7-3!) This led me to have a good think and a bit of a reflect. I noticed how tired the players were and this was simply down to me practically skipping pre-season and leaving everything to my assistant. I have since overhauled the training at the club and i will be keeping a very close eye on things from now on. We ended the month with a scrappy 1-0 over L2 side Oldham in the JPT. I am keeping a close eye on our home attendance in the hope of luring some fans back to (a 17,000 capacity) Bloomfield Road.

September 2017

Results

e8e46ba7a6.png

A quite incredible month! A training/fitness tweek, coupled with a new, narrower tactic has seen a dramatic change of fortune on the pitch. This month, we won 5 of 6 games in the league. The defeat at Rochdale was a bit of a sickener as we were the better side but went down to a 77th minute penalty. Defensively, we are much improved. Our keeper (on loan from Bournemouth) returned from injury and made his debut this week, i really believe he has made a massive difference at he back. Was pleased to beat Leyton Orient who came up with us last season, the win vs. Coventry saw us coming back from 1-0 down. The win away to Oxford at the end of the month was the standout result though as they went into the same top of the league.

League Table

d791e91d30.png

I am obviously delighted with the months results and with the fact we are currently sitting in 4th place. We wont have the luxury of 3rd place getting automatic promortion this season. The question is though, can we maintain this form? Theres a very long way to go yet.

Attendance Watch

083c3bbc3c.png

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Tyler Walker, who scored 5 goals in 6 games, won both the Player of the Month and Young Player of the Month awards. I came 2nd place in the Manager of the Month award.

f0a3abfa4f.jpg

Blackpool F.C

Monthly Review - October 2017

Results

dc4ceeb03a.png

The month started with a nice win over Tranmere (L2) in the JPT, I manged to get some of the fringe players onto the pitch to get some much game time under their belts. Then came a massive derby vs. Preston and i was delighted with both the performance and the result - this put us on a 4 match winning streak and i thought we were flying...then disaster struck. We lost to 10th, 6th and 8th placed teams respectively. The loss at Peterborough infuriated me, it was a 'typical FM' kinda game, I was very relived the end the month with a much needed 3 points at home to Port Vale.

League Table

7efe6671b7.png

Its getting very, very tight in the top 10 so im delighted with out current position. Im looking to start to prove ourselves further during November and start to cement a play-off place. I am really starting to believe we have the squad to do so but im aware of complacency and the fact that we tailed off toward the end of last season.

Attendance Watch

8bb551af74.png

Massive spike for the local derby vs. Preston where we had just over 12,000 packed in, Overall, the numbers are starting to improve, which im desperate for.

f0a3abfa4f.jpg

Blackpool F.C

Monthly Review - November 2017

Results

5c9e9666ca.png

Almost a perfect month. We started November with 2 fairly routine cup games which saw us progress through to the next round(s). The win at Millwall was particularly pleasing as the bookies had us (amazingly) as 9/1 underdogs. Another derby games, this time against Fleetwood, saw us battle to share the points. Although i was expecting all 3 points, i was happy to escape with the 1 from this game. The loss at Shrewsbury is a bitter pill to swallow. I went to 'overload' late on and it inevitably cost us. I dont think going to 'overload' has work for me yet on '17 :(

League Table

4a54ed28a3.png

Still 7th, still very tight up there and still plugging away at an attempt to venture into the play-off places.

Attendance Watch

a4881c7632.png

Blackpool F.C

Monthly Review - December 2017

Results

c464941d3b.png

Taking the 2 cup wins out the equation, December was looking really bleak at one point. Losing at Hartlepool meant we had gone 5 league games without a win! We dropped as far as 9th in the league and i was starting to think the wheels had well and truly fell off. After having a word with skipper, Alex Bruce, a team meeting was held and it was a good one. We managed to get every back onto the same hymn sheet. Bolton then came to town and we absolutely smashed them out of Bloomfield in what was another nice derby result for us. We ended up the month with a nice win away at Southend, we arent too great on the road of late so i was pleased with this.

League Table

a28d7c64a3.png

So we are up one place on last month but more importantly, we are into the play off places in time for the turn of the year.

Attendance Watch

2c2434201c.png

Blackpool F.C

Monthly Review - January 2018

Results

155639fac3.png

A really busy month for us with having to play 4 cup games. The replay vs. was a close one! It also pulled in a nice crowd for us but it hast counted toward 'attendance watch'. Of the 5 league games, we won 3. One of those wins saw us take revenge over MK Dons for the 7-3 drubbing earlier in the season. The defeat to Leyton Orient hurt as they are in the top 6 so i could have done with a win there. Lastly, i was gutted to be knocked out the JPT vs. Chesterfield (L2).

League Table

6937d63f98.png

Down to 9th! Im trying my hardest to make sure we stay in touch with at least 6th place. I'd love to make the play-offs obviously. Our next game is away to Coventry so i think i win there is vital. That said, our home form far outweighs the away.

Attendance Watch

c2fe52672f.png

Taking a slightly different path with the updates. Changing from monthly to just end of season reviews and new season previews. Feel like its not too interesting at the minute. Getting views but no interaction. Please, i welcome any sort of feedback, critique etc :)

Archived