Pre Math Advice

Just wondered how many people take there coaches pre-match advice? I was advised to play a standard mentality, with 3-4 attack duties? Away against Man City, these duties seem slightly high to me. I also worry it would unbalance the team?

I read them, then realise they have no idea what they are talking about. They even say to use 3 TI's every game, without fm open I can't remember the 3 they always say, but I already use them in my tactic anyway haha. They also keep telling me to use 4-4-2 every game, even though I am on a 25 game winning streak or something, using a 4-3-2-1, I htink that is down to what is in their profile as their preferred formation. End of the day I read the data analysts report and scout report, then I look at what the coaches advise and judge myself what I need to use

Anyone else read the title as "Pre Meth advice"? hahahaha. That would be an interesting subject to broach on these forums!

Anyway, your assistant and coach's quality of advice depends somewhat on their quality. The higher the quality coach the higher quality advice. But to be honest, I generally disregard what my coaches / assistants have to say. They can sometime offer some decent guidance, but I wouldn't interpret everything they say as stead-fast rules you have to implement. Once you play the game long enough and understand how all the various tactics, roles and systems combine you will be able to play succesfully without paying too much attention the advice. 

2 hours ago, tmason122 said:

Anyone else read the title as "Pre Meth advice"? hahahaha. That would be an interesting subject to broach on these forums!

Anyway, your assistant and coach's quality of advice depends somewhat on their quality. The higher the quality coach the higher quality advice. But to be honest, I generally disregard what my coaches / assistants have to say. They can sometime offer some decent guidance, but I wouldn't interpret everything they say as stead-fast rules you have to implement. Once you play the game long enough and understand how all the various tactics, roles and systems combine you will be able to play succesfully without paying too much attention the advice. 

Yes I've just noticed my typo..lol..

15 hours ago, Powello said:

I read them, then realise they have no idea what they are talking about. They even say to use 3 TI's every game, without fm open I can't remember the 3 they always say, but I already use them in my tactic anyway haha. They also keep telling me to use 4-4-2 every game, even though I am on a 25 game winning streak or something, using a 4-3-2-1, I htink that is down to what is in their profile as their preferred formation. End of the day I read the data analysts report and scout report, then I look at what the coaches advise and judge myself what I need to use

How do I access scout report?

Does the quality of the advice in Pre Match Tactical Advice report depend upon the attributes of the coach you assign to give it (tactical knowledge, judging player ability) or is it same no matter who you choose (like new Sports Scientist/Data Analyst roles where attributes have no effect, you just need someone in the role)?

On 10/26/2016 at 23:59, Powello said:

I read them, then realise they have no idea what they are talking about. They even say to use 3 TI's every game, without fm open I can't remember the 3 they always say, but I already use them in my tactic anyway haha.

Are you sure you're reading that correctly and he's not actually telling you to remove those instructions?

Archived