FM17: Manchester United - The Special One Arrives

mikenevo

I've had the game since it's release date but I haven't really settled into a game. With the recent update I thought I'd start another new game and I've had a bit more luck in the transfer window in terms of getting all of my (realistic) targets, so I've got a good feeling about this save. 

aR8nu64.png

We lost the Community Shield 1-0 courtesy of a Mahrez freekick, but 3 games into the league & we're unbeaten so far. We beat Burnley 2-0 thanks to a brace from Zlatan, with Mkhitaryan assisting both goals, then we had a 4-0 win over Bournemouth. Pogba opened the scoring with a 30 yard freekick two minutes in, then he scored from even further out in open play, Rojo added a poacher's goal from a corner and then Mata scored a freekick in the second half. We didn't win at Spurs, but after Carrick was shown a straight red for a two-footed lunge I switched to a 5-2-2 formation (I usually play 4-1-2-3 Wide) and pushed for an equaliser. Zlatan's performance improved after that change and after going close to scoring a couple of times he eventually assisted Martial, and we took home a well-earned point. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

aT5oWpE.png?1

Why has this not been sorted out?

Marcus Rashford wants to join PSG as they are a bigger club!! Really, we win the league year after year, have won the Champions League once and reached the final 2 other times and have a side full of world class players.

Not happy.

1 hour ago, axehan1 said:

aT5oWpE.png?1

Why has this not been sorted out?

Marcus Rashford wants to join PSG as they are a bigger club!! Really, we win the league year after year, have won the Champions League once and reached the final 2 other times and have a side full of world class players.

Not happy.

This. I once had my right back Jonny (bought from Celta Vigo) come to me saying he wanted to join Barcelona. Ironic thing is he was just part of a side that beat Barca 4-0 home and away for an 8-0 aggregate win in the CL , I really wish there was an option to tell them "we just beat them by x-x, and you want to join them as they are a 'bigger' club? Are you ****ing mad?!" :seagull:

18 hours ago, oneronaldo said:

This. I once had my right back Jonny (bought from Celta Vigo) come to me saying he wanted to join Barcelona. Ironic thing is he was just part of a side that beat Barca 4-0 home and away for an 8-0 aggregate win in the CL , I really wish there was an option to tell them "we just beat them by x-x, and you want to join them as they are a 'bigger' club? Are you ****ing mad?!" :seagull:

Jonny did the same thing to me, except he wanted to join Chelsea, after he'd just scored the winner in the CL Final.

24 minutes ago, Friel74 said:

Jonny did the same thing to me, except he wanted to join Chelsea, after he'd just scored the winner in the CL Final.

I got rid of him on loan to Barca with a future mandatory fee of £30m or so, proceeds to break his leg in October after joining Barca on loan. I ain't even sorry, and I don't do refunds :brock:

Just to rub salt in his wounds, I found a much better right back anyway in in a newgen from my own academy. :hammer:

2022/23 Season Review

My best season ever on FM finished with United unbeaten in the league.

Aypwn5d.png?1

We couldn't get the better of West Brom through the season with two goalless draws. Notable results were 5-1 (H) v Chelsea, 3-1(A) v Liverpool and 7-0 (H) v Arsenal.

Staying unbeaten wasn't easy but away from home I made sure I played my strongest "defensive" attacking team, ie players high in positional,work rate,tackling attributes,especially my midfield trio which would normally be Pogba-Fosu Mensa and Florentino Luis(who is a real player you can get from Porto at the start of the game).

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

For me this was the priority for the season after the heartbreak of losing the previous years final to PSG.

XGaHpHK.png?1

The players were up for it from the very first game with an absolute thrashing of Leverkusen in their own backyard.

In fact the only defeat in all competitions came away to Inter in the 1st knockout round but we took them to the cleaners in the home leg and sweet revenge was had in the semi's as once again we came up against PSG, who were brushed aside 4-0 on agg.

The final was one way traffic as we thrashed Real 4-1 with my home grown striker John Thompson netting the first two and was in my opinion heading for his hat-trick until injury forced him off early in the second half.

F.A. CUP

This was a tough road to the trophy as we had to play some good teams on the way to Wembley.

426sCgb.png?1

When we drew Spurs away in the 6th round I thought we would get knocked out due to playing a weaker team before our return leg against Inter in the CL but we went there to defend and that is what we did before getting the win on pens.After that I thought definitely name on the trophy which culminated in an easy final victory over Man City.

EFL CUP

I don't like to play weaker teams in this competition so we tend to go all the way to the final and this was no exception.

5S6x5t4.png?1

A 3-0 home win over Man City and a 3-1 final victory over Arsenal were the highlights of this cup run.

A few shots of some of my players.

Attacking Midfield Left (Inside Forward)- Marcus Rashford

XgKxEvK.png?1

Attacking Midfield Left (Winger Support - Callum Gribbin

p60m5Zv.png?1

Striker (Complete Forward Attack) - Jon Thompson

bPEezOK.png?1

Attacking Midfield Right (Winger Support) - Umberto Fratini

yWFnuQ2.png?1

Defender Right (Wingback Attack) - Fatlind Krasniqi

3Of7Rph.png?1

19 hours ago, Carefree_Since_1905 said:

Has anyone managed to get Mbappe on the new patch? How much did he set you back and has he been worth it?

Tempted to raid them for Lemar, Bernardo and him (probably at the end of season 1).

If you're going to raid Monaco you should try for Fabinho too. He was transfer listed at the end of the first season (I think, may have been end of second season...) and has been brilliant for me both as a midfielder and a right back when needed.

5 hours ago, Harryseaess said:

If you're going to raid Monaco you should try for Fabinho too. He was transfer listed at the end of the first season (I think, may have been end of second season...) and has been brilliant for me both as a midfielder and a right back when needed.

Thanks. I liked the look of Fabinho when I watched him in real life in the two games against City.

Valencia has been really great for me at RB. There is interest in him so looking to shift at the end of the season. Arsenal aren't doing very well and look likely to miss out on CL so might go for Bellerin if I can unsettle.

Darmian has also been great at LB as Shaw picked up a long term injury and I fear Shaw won't be able to play consistently. Sessengon was bought from Fulham and has done well in the minutes he has got.

nGbhbPo.png

Another good transfer window, disappointed I couldn't offload Rooney though. He'd been doing well for me but in December he said he wanted a new challenge so I promised to move him on. At the start of the window Southampton made a non-negotiable bid for him, but I'd already had an offer accepted for Lukaku (who wanted to move to a bigger club) which included Rooney as part of the deal. He rejected Everton because of the wages, and nobody wanted to bid for him when I tried to sell him, so I had to settle for loaning him out. Rojo had actually been doing doing really well too, but he wanted Guangzhou's money (so did Valencia, but he was more respectful in the way he asked for a move) so I let him go. 

Carrick wasn't happy with the lack of football which was stupid, he'd been getting plenty of games, so I sold him. Young wanted a new challenge which was fine, he'd only made a few appearances for me anyway. Mata asked me earlier in the window to accept an offer if Madrid came in for him, but they only made a move once I'd taken Isco from them (he was unhappy because he wanted a new contract) so I didn't mind letting him go. I think my deal for Cancelo is better than hustling Madrid though. Cancelo was the first RB I targeted in the summer but Valencia were asking for £40m+ so I turned my attention to Henrichs instead. This of course made Cancelo unhappy and he was eventually transfer listed for £30m, but over the first half of the season they refused to play him & the asking price went down. Once Valencia's move was confirmed I went for Cancelo because he can rotate with Henrichs as well as play further forward, and the price was a no-brainer.

I'd never heard of Andre Almeida but he popped up in the social feed after becoming the youngest player in Primeira Liga history, so I scouted him and was very impressed with his attributes. Someone that I did know of was Andre Anderson, and he was transfer listed for £12k with no explanation, so I was all over that. He doesn't arrive for another year though because of his age, hopefully I'll have a work permit for him by then too. I don't know if I've overpaid for Florentino Luis but I needed a young DM (Fosu-Mensah plays better in CM for me), and I didn't have enough money left for the likes of Neves, Thiago Maia, Paredes, etc. 

My initial offer for Lukaku had been £36m + £4m add-ons + Rooney, so I was disappointed when that fell through. Part of me feels like I've overpaid, but he did score a hat-trick on his debut which just happened to be on deadline day a couple of hours after he arrived, so he's off to a good start. Despite transfer listing him Everton did play him in the FA Cup which we're still in, so he's cup-tied for that and the EFL Cup Final, where we'll play Watford. We're into the knockout rounds of the Europa League, we drew Spartak Moscow so we should get through. As for the Premier League, the title race is the best I've ever seen on FM. We've lost to Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs (as well as a couple of others) yet we remain in the top 4 with them. At one point we were all level on 45 points, but right now Spurs are top with 57, then it's us and Chelsea on 54, then Arsenal on 52. City and Liverpool especially have struggled too so that's nice to see. City are up to sixth now but they're 12 points behind Arsenal, while Liverpool have replaced Klopp with Bielsa but they're only 6 points above the relegation zone. 

What sort of stats are people seeing with Mkhitaryan?  I started a thread because I thought we wasn't good enough in game, and was told repeatedly that his hidden stats make up for this.  I wasn't remotely convinced then and I'm still not now.

How can a player that is this good IRL:

League 14/15: Appearances (28) Goals (21) Assists (3)

League 15/16: Appearances (31) Goals (28) Assists (11)

End up  like THIS in-game:

League 16/17: Appearances (31) Goals (6) Assists (4)

League 17/18: Appearances (31) Goals (4) Assists (2)

Mkhitaryan.thumb.PNG.1de605cc5503187987d4da912eb40abf.PNG

As you can see, he is woefully under-strength in-game.  So my question once again - Why is Henrikh Mkhitaryan so average?????

I am I living in some sort of parallel universe where Miki is utter garbage?  What is going on people, and why won't anyone admit his data is very inaccurate?

3 hours ago, MatchWinner said:

What sort of stats are people seeing with Mkhitaryan?  I started a thread because I thought we wasn't good enough in game, and was told repeatedly that his hidden stats make up for this.  I wasn't remotely convinced then and I'm still not now.

How can a player that is this good IRL:

League 14/15: Appearances (28) Goals (21) Assists (3)

League 15/16: Appearances (31) Goals (28) Assists (11)

End up  like THIS in-game:

League 16/17: Appearances (31) Goals (6) Assists (4)

League 17/18: Appearances (31) Goals (4) Assists (2)

Mkhitaryan.thumb.PNG.1de605cc5503187987d4da912eb40abf.PNG

As you can see, he is woefully under-strength in-game.  So my question once again - Why is Henrikh Mkhitaryan so average?????

I am I living in some sort of parallel universe where Miki is utter garbage?  What is going on people, and why won't anyone admit his data is very inaccurate?

This is how he did for me in my man u save I had:

mkhi.thumb.jpg.e289b91096d998926a9538e55c0a25b9.jpg

Didn't always score alot of goals but was an assist machine, got at least 15 assists in all comps in each of the 1st 4 seasons, and in 2 of those seasons had 20 assists in all comps.

I agree his attributes could be better given how good he is and how some other players are rated, but he did great for me so i was happy enough.

15 hours ago, sedge11 said:

This is how he did for me in my man u save I had:

mkhi.thumb.jpg.e289b91096d998926a9538e55c0a25b9.jpg

Didn't always score alot of goals but was an assist machine, got at least 15 assists in all comps in each of the 1st 4 seasons, and in 2 of those seasons had 20 assists in all comps.

I agree his attributes could be better given how good he is and how some other players are rated, but he did great for me so i was happy enough.

Yeah he had one (abnormally) good season in terms of assists only, but it's not really overwhelming is it?  His goal rate is clearly consistently low, never hitting double figures in the league.

I guess what I'd like to see is a revised set of attributes to show a more realistic Miki.  I'd like to edit his values in the editor, but I'd like to know what to boost.

On ‎29‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 21:31, Smaldini said:

nGbhbPo.png

Another good transfer window, disappointed I couldn't offload Rooney though. He'd been doing well for me but in December he said he wanted a new challenge so I promised to move him on. At the start of the window Southampton made a non-negotiable bid for him, but I'd already had an offer accepted for Lukaku (who wanted to move to a bigger club) which included Rooney as part of the deal. He rejected Everton because of the wages, and nobody wanted to bid for him when I tried to sell him, so I had to settle for loaning him out. Rojo had actually been doing doing really well too, but he wanted Guangzhou's money (so did Valencia, but he was more respectful in the way he asked for a move) so I let him go. 

Carrick wasn't happy with the lack of football which was stupid, he'd been getting plenty of games, so I sold him. Young wanted a new challenge which was fine, he'd only made a few appearances for me anyway. Mata asked me earlier in the window to accept an offer if Madrid came in for him, but they only made a move once I'd taken Isco from them (he was unhappy because he wanted a new contract) so I didn't mind letting him go. I think my deal for Cancelo is better than hustling Madrid though. Cancelo was the first RB I targeted in the summer but Valencia were asking for £40m+ so I turned my attention to Henrichs instead. This of course made Cancelo unhappy and he was eventually transfer listed for £30m, but over the first half of the season they refused to play him & the asking price went down. Once Valencia's move was confirmed I went for Cancelo because he can rotate with Henrichs as well as play further forward, and the price was a no-brainer.

I'd never heard of Andre Almeida but he popped up in the social feed after becoming the youngest player in Primeira Liga history, so I scouted him and was very impressed with his attributes. Someone that I did know of was Andre Anderson, and he was transfer listed for £12k with no explanation, so I was all over that. He doesn't arrive for another year though because of his age, hopefully I'll have a work permit for him by then too. I don't know if I've overpaid for Florentino Luis but I needed a young DM (Fosu-Mensah plays better in CM for me), and I didn't have enough money left for the likes of Neves, Thiago Maia, Paredes, etc. 

My initial offer for Lukaku had been £36m + £4m add-ons + Rooney, so I was disappointed when that fell through. Part of me feels like I've overpaid, but he did score a hat-trick on his debut which just happened to be on deadline day a couple of hours after he arrived, so he's off to a good start. Despite transfer listing him Everton did play him in the FA Cup which we're still in, so he's cup-tied for that and the EFL Cup Final, where we'll play Watford. We're into the knockout rounds of the Europa League, we drew Spartak Moscow so we should get through. As for the Premier League, the title race is the best I've ever seen on FM. We've lost to Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs (as well as a couple of others) yet we remain in the top 4 with them. At one point we were all level on 45 points, but right now Spurs are top with 57, then it's us and Chelsea on 54, then Arsenal on 52. City and Liverpool especially have struggled too so that's nice to see. City are up to sixth now but they're 12 points behind Arsenal, while Liverpool have replaced Klopp with Bielsa but they're only 6 points above the relegation zone. 

This Luis at the age of 23, the DM position is his own.He won't be a waste of money,trust me.

7LRevti.png?1

This is turning into a strange qualifying group in this years Champions League, sitting in third place after 3 games after drawing away to PAOK in the last game they came to Old Trafford.I think we had revenge on our minds.

CCZUBVn.png?1

On 4/1/2017 at 13:10, axehan1 said:

This Luis at the age of 23, the DM position is his own.He won't be a waste of money,trust me.

7LRevti.png?1

Yeah he looks good. Did you train him to play in central midfield? He's only competent in that position on my save. 

1 hour ago, Smaldini said:

Yeah he looks good. Did you train him to play in central midfield? He's only competent in that position on my save. 

Only ever played him in the DM position, first as a ball winner and for the last 2 seasons he's been playing as DLP defend.

46wSrbp.png

Some title race. We may have failed in the league but we did win the EFL Cup (beating Watford 1-0, not the best of games tbh) and we won the Europa League in a surprisingly easy 4-0 win over Dortmund. Zlatan was top scorer with 28 goals in all comps (he also provided 13 assists), while Mkhitaryan got the most assists (16). Lukaku has done really well since joining in January, scoring 18 goals in 20 appearances.

On FM16 Martial became a beast after the first six months of the season, and he was prolific over the 5 seasons I played on the game. On FM17 he (and Rashford for that matter) is inconsistent and only scored 13 goals over the course of the campaign. Now he's kicking up a fuss because PSG are interested in him and he wants a pay rise...I'm tempted to sell him tbh. 

2 hours ago, Smaldini said:

46wSrbp.png

Some title race. We may have failed in the league but we did win the EFL Cup (beating Watford 1-0, not the best of games tbh) and we won the Europa League in a surprisingly easy 4-0 win over Dortmund. Zlatan was top scorer with 28 goals in all comps (he also provided 13 assists), while Mkhitaryan got the most assists (16). Lukaku has done really well since joining in January, scoring 18 goals in 20 appearances.

On FM16 Martial became a beast after the first six months of the season, and he was prolific over the 5 seasons I played on the game. On FM17 he (and Rashford for that matter) is inconsistent and only scored 13 goals over the course of the campaign. Now he's kicking up a fuss because PSG are interested in him and he wants a pay rise...I'm tempted to sell him tbh. 

how did you get full name on league screen

There are some beautiful looking regens coming through your guys academies in this thread :O :O 

Started with United the other night..  Made a few signings too!!  I have around £20million left to spend wondering whether I should bring in a centre back or trust tuanzebe or fosu-mensah as back up  

Beat Leicester on penalties to win a trophy early doors, and on we go to the first league game against Spurs.. Will update soon!

Manchester United FC_  Transfer History.png

23 hours ago, DannyFM87 said:

I have around £20million left to spend wondering whether I should bring in a centre back or trust tuanzebe or fosu-mensah as back up  

I managed to get De Vrij for under £20m and he's quality. If you're happy with Smalling and Jones though then you shouldn't need to sign anyone else. I loaned out Tuanzebe, but Roshaun Williams and Regan Poole have done well when I've given them opportunities. Fosu-Mensah is better off as a central midfielder IMO. 

Season 1

ccf1f30432bb0dbe3832af417cabec71.png

457d3f0cb6717b717e82033efd2253da.png

Season 2

b13850f1e9964027879f401861b9a99c.png

93350ac29028ecdf005ae08ea05c52cf.png

c7cab38cb97fcc4d2c61e9d04d3105e6.png

Season 3

My best season in terms of performances on the pitch but just missed on achieving more in terms of cup wins. 

Lost 7, drew 11 and won 41 in 59 games in all competitions. 

Won the FA Cup 3-2 vs Citeh

Semi final of the CL

9ec496a01f58e2ed2c1f6ab9c433dca0.png

f8618ec86edeea41d54f8fa483c23290.png

f872321fb6514ad96f715b1c7644393a.png

10 minutes ago, ddidiodion said:

33 years old, no idea why they wanted rid. Had a deal agreed to get Iniesta on a free until Ronaldo popped up for £5.5m and I had to cancel it to free up the wage bill for his £450k a week demands. Won the Ballon d'Or though so he's a bargain and averaging 8.18 this season with 13 goals in 13 games (9 assists) even though we're only in November and he's missed 5 weeks through injury. 

I am now entering the 4th season, i have 250m to spend.:ackter:

Is anyone else having a LOAD of success with Marouane Fellaini? 

I intended to sell him in my first transfer window but I couldn't find any takers so I kept him on board and occasionally utilised him as a box-to-box midfielder and found that he was doing better than both Herrera and Schneiderlin so decided to promote him to my first team. 

Since then he has gone on to achieve average ratings of 7.48 in my first season and in my second season sits at 7.75 in the League (currently number one in the division ahead of Dybala!) and has scored 18 goals and set up a further 9 in that time, which doesn't include the other competitions!

Seriously, the guy has been a phenomenon for me at box-to-box mid! I'll probably still have to sell him soon as he's 31 and I've already got Naby Keita coming in from Leipzig at the end of the season (signed him the previous summer and loaned him back to Leipzig) but I'll try to ensure he doesn't go to a rival club as he has been one of the League's standout performers for two seasons in a row now! 

48 minutes ago, Chapman7 said:

Looking for a False 9 to fit in to this formation. Ibrahimovic was a beast in this tactic in previous save but seems to be more of a hit and miss since the update

Manchester United_  Overview-5.png

If you can afford him sign Dybala. The guy is amazing. Juve probably won't sell immediately but if you declare interest in him and bid enough times he should start to become unsettled given your league position and at that point you can probably complete the deal for around 90 million. (It's a lot of money but he's 100% worth it) 

2 minutes ago, MINTED BLOB said:

If you can afford him sign Dybala. The guy is amazing. Juve probably won't sell immediately but if you declare interest in him and bid enough times he should start to become unsettled given your league position and at that point you can probably complete the deal for around 90 million. (It's a lot of money but he's 100% worth it) 

Yeah he was my first choice when I enquired they rejected it and offered a new contract. Got given £43 more million for the transfer window coming up so got £101 million now to play with so I'll try unsettling him and try some bids!

4 hours ago, Chapman7 said:

Looking for a False 9 to fit in to this formation. Ibrahimovic was a beast in this tactic in previous save but seems to be more of a hit and miss since the update

Manchester United_  Overview-5.png

If I remember rightly rashford is good at the false 9 position and he becomes quality in the game, on my old Utd save he lead the line from the 3rd season onwards after ibra had gone and was immense, so no need to buy you already have a ready made star striker. 

VU9jgqk.png

Not sure if I could've got more for Martial, but I didn't want to push my luck. Griezmann of course was the obvious replacement. I didn't plan on selling Mkhitaryan, but given his age I decided to negotiate with Madrid and was pleased when they accepted my demands. I signed Mere (who has a £17.5m relegation release clause) because Blind and De Vrij had been pushing for moves just like Martial, but in the end they stayed so things are a bit crowded at the back.

Also got a lot of bodies in midfield, hence why I loaned out Tielemans. I had signed Kessie because Atalanta were relegated, he was unhappy and I couldn't pass up the opportunity to sign a wonderkid when rival clubs were sniffing around him. Nainggolan is one of my favourite players though and I had enquired about him before I signed Kessie. It was only a couple of weeks later I noticed I'd actually unsettled Radja and Arsenal were showing an interest, so once I sold Mkhi I went back in for Nainggolan and managed to get him despite Roma being tough negotiators. He's had an awesome start to the season too after missing the first few games because of injury, 3 goals and 5 assists IIRC from less than 10 appearances. Very happy with the signing of Coman too, wasn't impressed with him on FM16 when I was managing France, but so far he's proven to be a very good player on this year's game. 

As for the football, we beat City on penalties to win the European Super Cup and we're doing well in the EFL Cup although we do have a tricky game with Chelsea next. Currently we're top of the table, and we've been ruthless in front of goal in some of the games, my favourite being this one:

bCSF60O.png

The first half of that was end-to-end, but their goal had come from a random freekick that appeared out of nowhere on the highlights. We grabbed the equaliser though, and in the second half we just destroyed them. We've had a couple of goalfests in the CL too, despite being drawn against Barca, Monaco and Dynamo Kiev we've won our first three games, and we even beat Monaco (5-3) and Barca (4-1) in the process. 

@Smaldini nice.

I've just finished season one and Martial and Miki need to go. PSG and Bayern are showing interest in Martial and he's kicked off about it, so that's a given. However after showing interest in Griezmann his 86m min fee clause shot upto 125m with a new contract :rolleyes:

ALSO... lost the title on the last day of the season. Leading Arsenal on final day of the season by 1pt... away to Arsenal... lost 4-2. Queue internal tears. Won EFL and EL though.

I had a pretty successful save couple months ago with man u where i had done 6 seasons, then did a save with rangers. Now with the winter transfer update, decided to do one more long man u save before I stop playing ready for fm18. There was a few things I would of done differently last time so be interesting to see how this one goes.

So 1st off i got rid of all the staff and brought in my own, hiring Martin Hunter, who is the U23 boss for southampton as my assistant boss just like the previous save.

Player wise I have only sold Phil Jones to everton for 20million, seeing as in my last save I made Jones my captain once Rooney left, this felt strange but I'm just not going to play him. I did also plan on selling Schweinsteger, Rooney and Young, but no one wanted Schweinsteger and I could only get rid of Rooney if I paid most of his wages, so they will both stay for the 1st season and I shall get rid of them one way or the other next summer, also I then decided to keep Young due to the formation I wanted to play.

With them 3 players staying as back ups, I decided not to buy anyone as I don't like too big of a squad.

My formations are:

tactic1.thumb.jpg.b0b846d09d2ad6b8fc107c28ed363300.jpgtactic2.thumb.jpg.fb629a4403fff4edccb573c1a1b3afbb.jpg

So far beat leicester 5-2 in the community shield, and played 2 leagye games, drew 1-1 with stoke and beat liverpool 2-0.

Also here are my manager attributes, similar to last time but increased my tactical and decreased the technical, have always been interested and wondered what other people had as theirs when managing a top team.

58f850e475911_managerstats.thumb.jpg.58a914f7e51d020885eb0f1334adffe1.jpg

5 hours ago, sedge11 said:

increased my tactical and decreased the technical, have always been interested and wondered what other people had as theirs when managing a top team.

I usually opt for more tactical with top teams since you can hire plenty of dedicated coaches for the technical stuff. At lower- and non-league clubs, I usually go the opposite way with a tracksuit manager, putting extra points into attack, defend and/or fitness coaching. But I honestly couldn't tell you if it makes any difference!

18 minutes ago, warlock said:

I usually opt for more tactical with top teams since you can hire plenty of dedicated coaches for the technical stuff. At lower- and non-league clubs, I usually go the opposite way with a tracksuit manager, putting extra points into attack, defend and/or fitness coaching. But I honestly couldn't tell you if it makes any difference!

Yea I always alter as well depending on what team I'm managing on a new save, but yea I'm not sure how much of a difference any of it actually makes, think possibly only really some of the mental stats like motivating and Man management possibly help when dealing with player demands, I know on my previous Man U save during the 6 years, I think only my motivation stat went up from 16 to 20 everything else stayed as what I set it.

Just always been interested what people set themselves up like and how high they set their stats.

On 11/04/2017 at 23:32, ddidiodion said:

So I finally got into a decent save, currently just started my 4th season. Here's my squad;

Squad19-20.thumb.png.0cb2293ce3e9802830cc48a285338352.png

First season: 

Won the league with 93 points and +46GD, Arsenal second with 86 points and 53GD. Boro, Burnley and Hull relegated, Chelsea and Liverpool failed to make CL spots, the rest well behind. Won the FA Cup (2-0 v Spurs), Lost League cup 3rd round vs Arsenal and lost final of Europa League 2-1 to Lyon    

My top scorers (overall): Martial 20(40 apps), Rashford 17(39), Zlatan 16(28),

Top goal scorer (league): Mkhitaryan - 12(31) (Overall top scorer Kane - 27)

Most assists: Martial - 13

Highest rating: Shaw - 7.45

Fans PotY: Smalling

Second season:

2nd in the league with 84 points and +41GD, Arsenal top with 92 points and 54GD (Thanks to Icardi's 24 goals). Southampton, Palace and QPR relegated, Liverpool 5th, the rest well behind. Newcastle 6th and City 7th. Lost FA cup final to Man City. Lost League cup 4th round to Chelsea. Won CL (beating Real 4-3, Barca 3-1 and Bayern 1-0 in final). 

Top scorers (overall): Zlatan - 26

Top goal scorer (league): Zlatan - 15 (Overall top scorer Kane - 25)

Most assists: Mkhitaryan - 12

Highest rating: Pogba (7.39)

Fans PotY: Rashford

Third  season:

Won the league with 96 points and +81GD, Arsenal second with 83 points and 44GD. Watford, Fulham and Brighton relegated, Chelsea (11th) and City (7th) failed to make CL spots while Stoke snook in 5th. Lost to Man City in the 4th round. Lost 4th round of League Cup vs Wolves. Lost CL semi-final to Juventus.  Also won the Super Cup and CWC.

My top scorers (overall): Dybala - 40 

Top goal scorer (league): Dybala 28 (also top scorer overall ahead of Kane on 26, Ronaldo 3rd on 25(in 27 games!))

Most assists: Dybala - 15

Highest rating: Ronaldo (7.86)

Fans PotY: Ronaldo

Transfers season by season;

Transfers16-17.thumb.png.d06ac05a49abbe32133efb347e410eea.pngTransfers17-18.thumb.png.fa448f2cc421abd90a04e4f5e51b629c.pngTransfers18-19.thumb.png.94d2ca4fc03032db99cc0fd00d81cb1a.pngTransfers19-20.thumb.png.0e93a61f07cedbf28cbe6d0942ac3031.png

And the newgen in the squad:

58ed5261d225c_RicardoAndre.thumb.png.94a67cec3313cf61ad0f23cacbdf4e27.png

Total transfer spend so far - £666m (£166m/season)

Total transfer income - £382m (£95m/season)

Net spend - £284m (£71m/season)

hi mate whats your team and player instructions great tactic

Season 1

Just finished the first season with United, wasn't planning on purchasing this years game but glad I did as I've not had this much fun for a long time.

Competitions:

Premier League - Champions - set a new record for points finishing with a record of Played 38 Won 28 Drawn 9 Lost 1 For 104 against 15 Points 93 (Only defeat coming away to Bournemouth)

Europa League - Winners - Beat Inter 1-0 AET with Marcus Rojo popping up in the 110th minute as the unlikely hero.

FA Cup - Knocked out third round by Aston VIlla 2-3

League Cup - Knocked out third round by Stoke

End of Season Awards

Player of the Year - Paul Pogba, Players Player - Paul Pogba, Young Player - Paul Pogba, Goal of the Season - Paul Pogba, Golden Gloves - David De Gea, Manager - Me

Transfers

In:

Victor Lindelof - Benfica - £32m (£28m over 4 years)

Daniele Rugani - Juventus - £30m (All over 3 years)

Gianluigi Donarumma - AC Milan - £19.6m (£9.6m over 4 years)

Tiemouye Bakayoko - Monaco - £44m (£32m over 4 years)

Mauro Icardi - Inter - £27m (January Transfer Window)

Ryan Sessengon - Fulham - £5m (Rising to £7.5m depending on appearances)

Out:

Sergio Romero - Malaga - £4.8m

Marouane Fellaini - Leicester - £14.5m

Antonio Valancia - Guangzaho - £6m

Jesse Lingard - Tottenham - £38m

Daley Blind - Juventus - £29m

Michael Carrick - LA Galaxy £1.8m

Tactics

Played the majority of the season with a 3-5-2-1-2 Narrow formation. The back three were set as two CB(d) and one BPD(C) wing backs were set to Automatic, Stay wide and get further forward. Two MC were set as AP(S) and either DLP(D) or BWM(S) depending on who we played AMC was set to either AP(A) or SS again depending on who played and upfront we used a CF(S) and AF(A) 

Squad

The whole season was a great squad effort with goals shared amongst the attackers fairly evenly.

Anthony Martial 20 - Marcus Rashford 19 - Henrikh Mkhitaryan - 16 - Zlatan Ibrahimovic 16 - Mauro Icardi - 15 Paul Pogba - 14 - Wayne Rooney 12 - Juan Mata 11. All scored more than 10 goals in the season

Wayne Rooney finished top of assists with 13 followed by Rashford on 12 and Pogba, Mata, Ibrahimovic and Mkhitaryan on 10 each

Season 2 

I've accepted a £54m bid from Real Madrid for Juan Mata and will be bringing in Dele Alli from Tottenham to replace. Will be looking to move Schweinstiger and Young on both performed very well when used however we have a strong enough squad to be able to cash in. Will be looking for Fosu-Mensah to continue his great form from season one 

Anyone managed to get a tactic where either or all of these 3 was point machines? Pogba, Zlatan & Mikhi.

I've only gotten Mikhi and Zlatan to do good (managed to have Zlatan do 54 goals first season once(31 in league, 11 in cups and 12 in EL))

6 hours ago, EkengreN said:

Anyone managed to get a tactic where either or all of these 3 was point machines? Pogba, Zlatan & Mikhi.

I've only gotten Mikhi and Zlatan to do good (managed to have Zlatan do 54 goals first season once(31 in league, 11 in cups and 12 in EL))

On my old Man utd save I used this formation from the 2nd season onwards.

58fe5a01e9b8c_manutdbest11.thumb.jpg.cc6afdb6c88396f407fb8b33a70d9e7e.jpg

This formation and role for pogba seemed to get the best out of him. This is was Pogba's best season in the 5th season with 22 goals and 12 assists in the league. I also used ibra as a complete forward in this formation and he was top goalscorer in the 2nd season.

58fe5a68abe35_endofseason.thumb.jpg.12c8468e2ea14dead02fa325cebafb10.jpg

On 4/25/2017 at 16:16, Chapman7 said:

Think this tie is pretty much over for the home clash! 6 away goals will be difficult to over turn at Old Trafford which I've made into a fortress!

Leverkusen v Man Utd_ Tactics Team Talk.png

Manchester United_  Overview-6.png

Sweet setup there Chapman, has the rest of the season unfolded? Do you find you are outscoring most opponents in this setup away from home, or just in general?

On 28/04/2017 at 14:15, Raymubdo21 said:

Sweet setup there Chapman, has the rest of the season unfolded? Do you find you are outscoring most opponents in this setup away from home, or just in general?

Cheers, I've only lost hand full of games. Each were away matches. I've not gotten a high goals for as high as would have liked but lets see what it'll be like next season. 

Just demolished Liverpool at Old Trafford! But came with a consequence of Martial going out on a long term injury with a cruciate ligament for 6-8 months!! But three games to go and three wins needed for a title!

Man Utd v Liverpool_ Tactics Team Talk.png

Manchester United_  Overview-7.png

Archived