Anyone seen 'Brexit' in there game yet?

So I'm just about to start my third season and I'm yet to see the Brexit feature in game yet. No biggie, as I know it can happen any time from around 2018 (if I remember right).

I was wondering, how many of you have seen this in your games, and which version of the Brexit did you get?

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've had it mentioned twice in my newsfeed. Midway through the 18/19 season saying things will stay as they are, and then again saying 'United Kingdom has left the European Union), with the same outcome towards the end of the 19/20 season.

And now I seem to need work permits for European players, which is fine. But someone like Bernardo Silva won't get a work permit according to my scouts, but a regen Barca striker with one cap gets one immediately? Apparently 39 cap Jan Oblak won't either. I don't want either of those players but if someone can either let me know how it all works or if this is a bug, it'd be appreciated. Happens with other established stars too. Is it entirely random on who does or doesn't?!

I'll post a couple of screencaps, I couldn't for the Brexit announcements as they've now gone from my inbox:

Instant work permit:

36048677eff370d9c071ed0d04aade71.png

Will struggle to get one (all established European players with International credentials):

2c6070cccb301dc2e159a69ea340f16a.png

81431f4a753015f35a73b730f41298f3.png

b2e6a42e1018c9c35d8a74df50786fd1.png

5 minutes ago, thomit said:

As a brexit won't happen untill 2019 at the earliest, and nobody knows what it will look like exactly, I'm puzzled if this is mentioned in or will have any implications for FM 17 at all.

It's already coded into this year's game, with a number of different scenarios. 

13 minutes ago, thomit said:

As a brexit won't happen untill 2019 at the earliest, and nobody knows what it will look like exactly, I'm puzzled if this is mentioned in or will have any implications for FM 17 at all.

It IS in the game this year with all the possible outcomes, When you start a game it decides the route it will go down and then in a couple of years game time the effects kick in 

26 minutes ago, thomit said:

Have you been staying in a cave pal its in the game lol

3 minutes ago, scooter28 said:

There you go thomit

I'v read it (quickly), and I still don't see the point. It seems to me more like a cheap gimmick. I mean ... predicting the future with several possible outcomes?  What's next if this is the new SI policy? Brexit ... just leave it be untill it's here, I say.

Realism. The vote has happened.  Can anyone predict what will happen after that vote? no.  imho the game has it right, factor everything in and then make it random, until we can determine what will happen, which is gonna be years down the line 

2 hours ago, harrycarrie said:

I've had it mentioned twice in my newsfeed. Midway through the 18/19 season saying things will stay as they are, and then again saying 'United Kingdom has left the European Union), with the same outcome towards the end of the 19/20 season.

And now I seem to need work permits for European players, which is fine. But someone like Bernardo Silva won't get a work permit according to my scouts, but a regen Barca striker with one cap gets one immediately? Apparently 39 cap Jan Oblak won't either. I don't want either of those players but if someone can either let me know how it all works or if this is a bug, it'd be appreciated. Happens with other established stars too. Is it entirely random on who does or doesn't?!

I'll post a couple of screencaps, I couldn't for the Brexit announcements as they've now gone from my inbox:

Instant work permit:

Will struggle to get one (all established European players with International credentials):

This is a known bug. They're working on it according to the bug report forum. It's not known at this point whether you will need to start a new save for the bug fixto work. 

Oh I won't bother to get my nickers in a twist over this ... but why not just leave this "possible future" untill a later version of FM when the outcome is clear? This is the first time SI have done this "future predicting" thingy as far as I know ... and I don't see a good reason to start now. It happens when it happens.

20 minutes ago, thomit said:

Oh I won't bother to get my nickers in a twist over this ... but why not just leave this "possible future" untill a later version of FM when the outcome is clear? This is the first time SI have done this "future predicting" thingy as far as I know ... and I don't see a good reason to start now. It happens when it happens.

The vote has already happened, what part of this are you not understanding? 

You'd have a point had the actual vote been in a couple of years and they were predicting outcomes on that basis. 

Anyway, it's not the first time they've done this. There were alternative outcomes to the Qatar World Cup on the game last year. 

22 minutes ago, suncrush said:

This is a known bug. They're working on it according to the bug report forum. It's not known at this point whether you will need to start a new save for the bug fixto work. 

I know SI get a lot of stick, but adding a feature and advertising it as hard as they have done with the Brexit one, without it actually working is ridiculous.

2 minutes ago, brookie1402 said:

I know SI get a lot of stick, but adding a feature and advertising it as hard as they have done with the Brexit one, without it actually working is ridiculous.

You are aware the game's not actually been released yet, yeah? 

25 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

The vote has already happened, what part of this are you not understanding? 

I understand it all I think, Dave. I just don't like this "alternative futures" thingy. I'd like for FM to implement rules - taken from the real world - only when the rules are here, or implemented in a future date only if they are fully known and also the date for the change is known. Not before. All right? If it had been clear  and set in stone what the rules are going to be in 2019 or 20, I have no problems with it. I'd also like the WC to be moved from Qatar to another place when it is clear if and where it's going to move to. Not before. I don't like FM to open up for "alternative futures" at all. I fear for what kind of silliness that could possibly lead to. So please, allow people to voice their concerns, there's really no need to be condecending.

So, why shouldn't Brexit be included? It's a real event. Who knows how it will pan out, but... including it now, gives them a couple of years to beta test all the possible outcomes, so then they only have to hardcode one or two of them when it eventually happens... 

6 minutes ago, thomit said:

I don't like FM to open up for "alternative futures" at all. I fear for what kind of silliness that could possibly lead to. 

As soon as you press continue on your first day in the game, you've already opened up an 'alternative future'. 

1 hour ago, thomit said:

I totally agree with you thomit and have previously said so. However, the conversation has been done to death on this forum. Fact is, it's in, so this thread is moving the conversation on to ask what actually happens in the game.

1 hour ago, rinso said:

Who knows how it will pan out.

No one, hence why it shouldn't be in the game until whatever rule changes British Football will face have been decided.

It's Football manager not political simulator.

A nonsense addition. 

33 minutes ago, phnompenhandy said:

I totally agree with you thomit and have previously said so. However, the conversation has been done to death on this forum. Fact is, it's in, so this thread is moving the conversation on to ask what actually happens in the game.

Have to agree, arguing over rights or wrongs of it being introduced now is a bit late.

I just want to hear how it impacts saves, AI squad building especially, before I pump hours in to a save in the English league by unashamedly asking for feedback from guinea pigs who are already years further ahead in the game?

5 hours ago, Tony Wright 747 said:

If this is the way the game is going, why not include the scenario of the EU failing and is no more.

Or maybe a World War III, where someone nukes the whole planet. Or maybe an alien invasion? Or something else utterly stupid that can't in any possible way be compared to the Brexit which WILL HAPPEN.

18 hours ago, pallett1988 said:

s I know it can happen any time from around 2018 (if I remember right).

I was wondering, how many of you have seen this in your games, and which version of the Brexit did you get

11 hours ago, harrycarrie said:

Instant work permit:

Question. What skin is this?? How do i get the background looking like that?

2 hours ago, Mikke said:

Or maybe a World War III, where someone nukes the whole planet. Or maybe an alien invasion? Or something else utterly stupid that can't in any possible way be compared to the Brexit which WILL HAPPEN.

I am not sure you understood my sarcasim Mikke.  Whilst World War is always possible, with the anti EU feelings spreading across Europe at the moment the fall of the EU as a result of Brexit is much more likely

42 minutes ago, Tony Wright 747 said:

I am not sure you understood my sarcasim Mikke.  Whilst World War is always possible, with the anti EU feelings spreading across Europe at the moment the fall of the EU as a result of Brexit is much more likely

I'm not sure anyone cares about your political views. 

The question is has it happened in people's games. 

Hasn't happened in mine as season three kicks off

7 minutes ago, Wells said:

Realism? this is a game and the point of the game is to have fun and play the way you want... Myself don't like this at all, as I play especially in England. 

At least SI could gives us an option to toggle it off/on.

No, the point of the game is not to play "as you want"

The point of any game is to play in a way that the makers allow you.  Some are more strict where you follow a certain path while others allow more freedom or allow you to change options.

As for realism its a potential path in the future IRL therefore SI have incorporated those paths into FM which makes it more realistic.

You say you don't like it and yet you've failed to experience it yet in your save so how do you know?  You don't even know which option you'll get.

22 minutes ago, Preveza said:

So no one knows what skin this is, or how it has been potentially edited? 

Wannachup Instant Result FM17, which I edited to make it dark skin instead of regular skin. Nothing changed bar an instant result button. Running in lower res as laptop, so 1366x768.

2 hours ago, Per Annum said:

I'm not sure anyone cares about your political views. 

The question is has it happened in people's games. 

Hasn't happened in mine as season three kicks off

My political views don't come into it, this is my whole point I don't feel that the outcomes of Brexit should have been included in the game at this moment in time.  I agree with others who say this is Football Manager not Political Manager

23 hours ago, thomit said:

Nope, FM has had new countries joining the EU for the last couple of editions, none of which we know for certain if they will join, and if they do, it'd be at that time.

23 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

You are aware the game's not actually been released yet, yeah? 

I am, yeah.

You are aware that it's less that a week until release and the evidence we have is that the feature doesn't actually work yet, yeah?

1 minute ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Point. Missed. Spectacularly. 

I thought that your point was that I shouldn't judge the new feature as the game hasn't been released yet. Whereas my point is that at the moment the beta was released, that was the most complete version of the game they had, and the feature didn't work, which to me seems crazy.

Unless. I'm. Mistaken. Then. Please. Enlighten. Me. And. Continue. To. Act. Condiscendingly, yeah?

Archived