Anyone seen 'Brexit' in there game yet?

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, KUBI said:

A very soft one.

Seems remarkably soft, but I have another question re: the screengrab. Does that mean what it seems to mean: that Premier League clubs can sign any foreign player regardless of work permit, up to a squad limit of 15 players? That seems far more lenient/less stringent than current regulations!

I rarely sign players over 22 so this is going to be a pain in the arse for me. I prefer signing 5 star potential young players and with this brexit in the game (which is stupid as we don't know what will happen yet) it's going to be almost impossible to poach younger talent in Europe 

3 minutes ago, xtradj said:

it's going to be almost impossible to poach younger talent in Europe

In some scenarios I'd guess that's true, but in roykela's example you'd be able to sign 15 of them for your squad, which seems quite generous. It doesn't offer enough information about the implications for youth players. 

On 28/10/2016 at 23:26, Dagenham_Dave said:

Bear in mind though the vote has happened and by 2018/19 one of the outcomes will be a reality. Why not simulate this when you get to that point in the game?

Because it brings RNG into the game in terms of the outcome you get and if you get a poor outcome it sucks to know that this is down purely to RNG and you could have had a much better outcome.

Should be left as is until we know the outcome and the things actually change.

Cheap and sadly successful attempt from SI to get some media exposure for the release - which given that the game is so light in new features was probably deemed necessary. 

7 minutes ago, warlock said:

In some scenarios I'd guess that's true, but in roykela's example you'd be able to sign 15 of them for your squad, which seems quite generous. It doesn't offer enough information about the implications for youth players. 

Yes you can have 15 European players but your squad is usually 25 so that means ten English players which doesn't happen in top level football these days!

And remember they are European players who are established. In terms of 16/17/18 year old euro talents they will be very hard to sign on work permits

23 minutes ago, formerlyiab said:

Because it brings RNG into the game in terms of the outcome you get and if you get a poor outcome it sucks to know that this is down purely to RNG and you could have had a much better outcome.

What, you mean like every cup draw you get? 

Just now, formerlyiab said:

Nope.

But it is though, isn't it? A cup draw uses the same RNG principle.  Sucks if you're a small club and somehow make it to the 3rd Round of the FA Cup knowing you could get Man Utd or Chelsea and you're drawn away to Mansfield. That's what happens though. 

Only difference there is that cheats can save and reload before each draw until they get the one they want, whereas the Brexit decision is hardcoded into the start of each save. As it should be. 

Loving the way this is riling up people. Good work SI. An indirect swipe at the futility of the way people voted. 

28 minutes ago, formerlyiab said:

Everything in the game is RNG. It might be heavily-modified-by-a-million-factors RNG, but its still RNG because that's the only way computers can simulate reality. The teams you get in a cup draw are the product of RNG, and if you get a poor outcome does it also suck to know that this is down purely to RNG? The result of a penalty shoot-out? The freekick your brilliant midfielder takes against a lower-league plank of a goalkeeper who tips it wide? The flight of every shot on goal, every long-range pass?

When the Brexit 'feature' was first announced I, too, was against it. But the more I thought about it, the less it seemed to matter. And the RNG argument is about the weakest.

It also seems weird that half your posts are on this subject. Just play the game and enjoy!

40 minutes ago, formerlyiab said:

Should be left as is until we know the outcome and the things actually change.

Cheap and sadly successful attempt from SI to get some media exposure for the release - which given that the game is so light in new features was probably deemed necessary. 

As others above have said RNG is involved in almost every area of the game and is a huge part of the main part of the game - The ME.

In terms of outcomes there is no such thing as poor, bad, good, excellent or anything else because all the teams in the league are subject to the same rules.

18 minutes ago, formerlyiab said:

I mean the random implementation of one imaginary set of rules and regulations over another that have game breaking potentially and there is nothing that I can do about it. 

There is nothing remotely game breaking about any of the outcomes. 

1 hour ago, roykela said:

Just had this news item:
47fafcb5328eaa43a6ff65e28704b721.png
c54bb31229c620147d92efaf78eedda6.png

Which Brexit is this?

Thats an interesting one.

You've technically got a hard Brexit I believe but soft rules following the exit.

All current players treated as Non-Foreign and a high foreign player limit per squad (Work permits won't exist at the end of the season, players are simply foreign or non-foreign).

EDIT

Just checking back on the article Miles was talking about it on and the foreign player limit could range from 4 to 17 so with 15 you are close to the highest possible.

23 minutes ago, warlock said:

Everything in the game is RNG. It might be heavily-modified-by-a-million-factors RNG, but its still RNG because that's the only way computers can simulate reality. The teams you get in a cup draw are the product of RNG, and if you get a poor outcome does it also suck to know that this is down purely to RNG? The result of a penalty shoot-out? The freekick your brilliant midfielder takes against a lower-league plank of a goalkeeper who tips it wide? The flight of every shot on goal, every long-range pass?

When the Brexit 'feature' was first announced I, too, was against it. But the more I thought about it, the less it seemed to matter. And the RNG argument is about the weakest.

It also seems weird that half your posts are on this subject. Just play the game and enjoy!

Nope - I don't mind calculated RNG in terms of matches, injuires etc its the only way the game can work.

RNG rules is ridiculous.

The fact that you are seemingly unable to differentiate between the two is frankly staggering

14 minutes ago, Cougar2010 said:

As others above have said RNG is involved in almost every area of the game and is a huge part of the main part of the game - The ME.

In terms of outcomes there is no such thing as poor, bad, good, excellent or anything else because all the teams in the league are subject to the same rules.

Erm, yes there is in terms of competing against teams from other leagues.

As for your obtuse RNG point, yes all games have RNG but RNG rules that impact the whole of a save is a terrible idea, to invent the rules that you are subjecting players too via RNG is just plain stupid.

1 minute ago, formerlyiab said:

Erm, yes there is in terms of competing against teams from other leagues.

As for your obtuse RNG point, yes all games have RNG but RNG rules that impact the whole of a save is a terrible idea, to invent the rules that you are subjecting players too via RNG is just plain stupid.

Maybe when you put your toys back in your pram you'll take a breath & realise the world will keep turning.

If you can't cope with that then perhaps you should manage in a different country when you play FM17 or just not play at all.

6 minutes ago, formerlyiab said:

That is a matter of individual opinion.

I do not want to play in an imaginary 'hard brexit' scenario that impacts my play style for the rest of that save.

No it isn't, it's fact. No matter what the outcome, the game doesn't 'break'. 

I imagine a few real life managers won't be that happy with a hard brexit if it happens in real life. But you know what they'll do? They'll adapt. 

See if you're that bothered about it, start a save in a country that won't be affected by it. Failing that, go play something else. 

1 minute ago, Cougar2010 said:

Maybe when you put your toys back in your pram you'll take a breath & realise the world will keep turning.

If you can't cope with that then perhaps you should manage in a different country when you play FM17 or just not play at all.

Lol, great minds, etc. 

3 minutes ago, Cougar2010 said:

Ah, fantastic - the 'if you don't like it don't play it' response, the refuge of those without the capability to make a cogent point - we got there much sooner than I expected.

Maybe, I don't want to manage abroad.  

Maybe I will just stop playing if my invested time gets ruined by an amateur implementation of an unknown political situation.

Can't tell how much of this is actual game related annoyance versus not winning the vote annoyance.

I for one, am not fussed that it's in, it adds a certain dynamism to the game. On the other hand, it's still not clear whether it will happen and the legal battles/parliamentary debates will easily drag it into the next decade, so it seems a little premature to consider it 'happening'. Right now, aside from Theresa attempting to sound democratic, pretty much everyone in power is dragging heels and lining up obstacles. That said, this isn't the thread for all that.

It'll be an interesting point in the game. I look forward to the challenges therein.

2 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

No it isn't, it's fact. No matter what the outcome, the game doesn't 'break'. 

I imagine a few real life managers won't be that happy with a hard brexit if it happens in real life. But you know what they'll do? They'll adapt. 

See if you're that bothered about it, start a save in a country that won't be affected by it. Failing that, go play something else. 

'game breaking' is a figurative term used to describe things that ruin video games - it doesn't mean the game literally breaks - but you know this and have resorted to pedantry to score petty points in the absence of the requisite intellect to actually do anything else

Ah, fantastic - the 'if you don't like it don't play it' response, the refuge of those without the capability to make a cogent point - we got there much sooner than I expected.

The 'cogent' points have all been made, you're just not accepting it. Not everyone has to like the direction SI have taken here, but there's not a lot you can do about it except make the most of it. Perhaps even embrace it. Accept the challenge even. 

Or whine on the internet. 

Your call. 

Just now, LCpl said:

I for one, am not fussed that it's in, it adds a certain dynamism to the game.

Exactly!

In fact I hope its the start of SI looking at ways that the gameworld can alter over the course of a save in terms of League & Competition rules although I suspect licensing will throw a spanner in the works.

1 minute ago, LCpl said:

Can't tell how much of this is actual game related annoyance versus not winning the vote annoyance.

I for one, am not fussed that it's in, it adds a certain dynamism to the game. On the other hand, it's still not clear whether it will happen and the legal battles/parliamentary debates will easily drag it into the next decade, so it seems a little premature to consider it 'happening'. Right now, aside from Theresa attempting to sound democratic, pretty much everyone in power is dragging heels and lining up obstacles. That said, this isn't the thread for all that.

It'll be an interesting point in the game. I look forward to the challenges therein.

its not annoyance at the vote.

I would rather SI had gone with 1 Brexit scenario and go with that OR just ignore it.

If I get a really hard brexit I will just quit that game - I have no interest in playing in SI's imaginary 'la la' land where they make up competition rules as they go

I would rather SI had gone with 1 Brexit scenario and go with that OR just ignore it.

If I get a really hard brexit I will just quit that game - I have no interest in playing in SI's imaginary 'la la' land where they make up competition rules as they go

What if SI had gone with 1 Brexit scenario and that scenario would've been a really hard brexit; what would you do?
Personally i don't care about other scenarios than the scenario being chosen by the game. Other scenarios simply don't exist in that save for me.

2 minutes ago, formerlyiab said:

'game breaking' is a figurative term used to describe things that ruin video games - it doesn't mean the game literally breaks - but you know this and have resorted to pedantry to score petty points in the absence of the requisite intellect to actually do anything else

It's also generally associated with prepubescent teenage-angst-laden tirades about how the game is 'unplayable', which is usually used when people have an unrealistic set of expectations or prerequisites. l think people need to acknowledge, at this point, that some are just very particular about what they will or won't play, which is fine, just not while declaring the game "unplayable", they'll wind up looking like a petulant child. No, I didn't call you one, I suggested it was a path people might take.

2 minutes ago, formerlyiab said:

How is Hard Brexit in-game more (or even less) imaginary than a so-called Soft-Brexit? My understanding here is that you don't dislike the presence of the potential outcomes, just not the outcomes that might realistically reflect British football being in something of a quandary where foreign signings are concerned.

5 minutes ago, formerlyiab said:

At the time FM is released all options are possible therefore SI have implemented the possibility of several options, it really couldn't be more realistic in that regard.

10 minutes ago, formerlyiab said:

Why exactly would this ruin the game for you if this happened?

9 minutes ago, LCpl said:

It's also generally associated with prepubescent teenage-angst-laden tirades about how the game is 'unplayable', which is usually used when people have an unrealistic set of expectations or prerequisites. l think people need to acknowledge, at this point, that some are just very particular about what they will or won't play, which is fine, just not while declaring the game "unplayable", they'll wind up looking like a petulant child. No, I didn't call you one, I suggested it was a path people might take.

How is Hard Brexit in-game more (or even less) imaginary than a so-called Soft-Brexit? My understanding here is that you don't dislike the presence of the potential outcomes, just not the outcomes that might realistically reflect British football being in something of a quandary where foreign signings are concerned.

I just don't like the fact that you can randomly get a disadvantageous option coupled with knowledge of the following:

1) Its made up and based on pure speculation

2) You could have had a much more agreeable outcome but lucked out.

3) I don't like the move into 'making up the rules as we go along' in what is supposed to be a simulator

3) I don't like the move into 'making up the rules as we go along' in what is supposed to be a simulator

So your solution to this is to pick just one outcome that might be the opposite of what actually happens? 

Because I don't want to play in that scenario knowing that there are much much much much much better outcomes and I am stuck with a crappy one due to RNG

It's like knowing that there are much much much better transfers and you are stuck with what you did bought? 

Because I don't want to play in that scenario knowing that there are much much much much much better outcomes and I am stuck with a crappy one due to RNG

That hasn't really answered the question. Why is that such a poor outcome (for you personally) as opposed to the other outcomes?

3 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

So your solution to this is to pick just one outcome that might be the opposite of what actually happens? 

Bless you Dave - I made it quite clear it was a combination of multiple factors, but bless you for isolating one and trying to point score.

1 hour ago, xtradj said:

Yes you can have 15 European players but your squad is usually 25 so that means ten English players which doesn't happen in top level football these days!

And remember they are European players who are established. In terms of 16/17/18 year old euro talents they will be very hard to sign on work permits

However, EU players already in the UK would no longer count as foreign, so that should help.

Archived