International Competition for smaller leagues

Alerion

Hello guys,

so I am not new to the FMEditor (did play around in FM16 and created some "super leagues" and stuff) so I played with the thought of creating a new "Champions" League for smaller leagues in order to compete with the big ones.

How would it work

Spots for the nations in the coef. ranking between 6-50 for example (will have to see how many teams that would be, how many rounds etc.) No teams are already set in the group stage, everyone has to qualify through some qualification stages (depending on how many countries will participate) and then go on as usual.

Number of spots will be determined on the countries coef. but should be not more than 3 spots (For example, Austria has a 10 team league, 1 CL 2 EL spots so if we are in to lets say give them 4 spots, almost the entire league would play international)

What are the problems/my concerns

As this competition should be coef. based, is this possible in FM17 ?

As the number of spots is determined by the coef. of the nation, is it possible to make it dynamic with the CL/EL spots ? For example Austria again, 1st gets CL, 2nd and 3rd get EL spots, 4th and 5th would get the new spots. Now Austria rises in the coef. rankings, 1st and 2nd get a CL spot, 3rd-5th get a EL spot. Is it possible to get 6th and 7th now a new spot or will it always be the place 4th and 5th.

Balancing the numbers. What would be a good price money for the qualification, for the winner etc. in order to not overtune it and make it op ?

Would qualification/winning this competition affect the nation coef/reputation aswell as the clubs ? If so, how ?

(Will edit here if something new comes to mind, will keep you updated)

So thats my concept for now, I´d like to start working on this after the full release because I really like the idea behind that, and it would be exciting to watch smaller nations get some price money/reputation faster in order to compete with the big ones.

If something like this has already been done and/or been brainstormed, excuse me because I am a lazy fox.

Any help is highly appreciated !

Archived