[Suggestion] Match Panel - Combined Formation/Condition/Body Language/Performance/Ratings

Powermonger

I primarily play in the Vertical 2D match engine view with most panels open but I really would like to see a panel, similar to the tactics view, which shows the formation, player using graphical indicators for rating, performance, body language and condition. It seems silly to have to have so many individual panels open when it could easily be turned into one panel with more visual appeal and representation.

22 hours ago, SantaBJ said:

I second this, as I find that for the last few versions of the game I always have the exact same panels open at all times, and they all give me redundant info, cluttering up the screen.

Yes I think it's time they were changed, they've been like this for a long time. Being able to see how the opponents players and your players are performing physically and psychology graphically in respect of a formation view would be much more helpful. 

Actually this is a very good idea. Really wouldn't be that difficult to display AvRating and Fitness over a player's position on a formation screen - those take up less than a fraction of the space of a player's name. With a little imagination you could probably condense body language down to an emoticon as well.

1 hour ago, enigmatic said:

Actually this is a very good idea. Really wouldn't be that difficult to display AvRating and Fitness over a player's position on a formation screen - those take up less than a fraction of the space of a player's name. With a little imagination you could probably condense body language down to an emoticon as well.

I don't think it would be hard at all either.

• Fitness/Condition - We already have that graphical dual doughnut display.
  • Average Rating - Graphical doughnut again with rating number, or a vertical chevron bar with performing better than 6.8 is green chevrons and less is red chevrons. The further away from 6.8 the more chevrons are used to grow the bar, at 6.8 there is no bar.
  • Body Language - A series of emoticons representing different emotional states.
  • Substitutions - A substituted player/position would have their shirt colour a lighter/darker shade as an indicator
  • Injury Status - The normal orange/red medical symbol already in use.
  • Moral Status - Use of the existing arrows we normally see to indicate moral, with the same colour coding and arrow orientation.
  • Cards - Small yellow card symbols next to player already utiliised.

The panel could have a toggle as well to swap to display match stats for the player/position, so you could show the following:

• Player goals - small ball symbol for each goal scored
  • Player assists - small ball symbol with curved upward sweeping arrow overlayed
  • Player passes - number for passes completed
  • Player tackles - number for tackles completed
  • Player headers - number for headers completed

I think this would be immeasurably more useful then just the rows of text and duplicated information we see from the other panels. Of course those panels would still remain if someone wanted to see them.

• 1 month later...

Archived