FM17 - RB Leipzig

BanOly

18 hours ago, mod43 said:

Having watched all of RB Leipzigs games this season they no longer play 442. They play 4222 with a focus on the centre of the pitch and they pass into space for Werner, Poulsen and Forsberg to run onto, Werner in particular with his pace and determination

Yeah, I see it now. Looks like the 4222 could be trickier to implement. 

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Bradeh said:

Yeah, I see it now. Looks like the 4222 could be trickier to implement. 

Yep it's a bit tricky but I have one which I can go into detail about if your interested? If you are interested I'd wait until the next pre season too implement it as your current tactic seems to be doing well. If you want to make your current tactic more like they play in real life I'd suggest changing your wide midefielders role to wide playmakers the width in the side is provided by the fullbacks Klostermann and Halstenberg.

2 hours ago, mod43 said:

Yep it's a bit tricky but I have one which I can go into detail about if your interested? If you are interested I'd wait until the next pre season too implement it as your current tactic seems to be doing well. If you want to make your current tactic more like they play in real life I'd suggest changing your wide midefielders role to wide playmakers the width in the side is provided by the fullbacks Klostermann and Halstenberg.

Thanks, yeah I would love to hear about it. 

1 hour ago, Bradeh said:

Thanks, yeah I would love to hear about it. 

okay here we go

4222 Counter, Structured

More Direct Passing, Pass into Space, Run at Defence, Exploit the Middle, Play Narrower, Push Higher Up, Get Stuck In, Use Tighter Marking, Higher Tempo, Close Down Much More, Low Crosses, Prevent Short GK Distribution

Opposition instructions

Tight Marking all positions except GK and central defenders

Closing Down all positions except gk, central defenders, attacking midfielders and strikers

Tackling Hard all positions except gk

Show onto Foot all positions onto weaker foot except gk and central defenders

Sweeper Keeper Defend - Gulacsi

Right Fullback Defend - Klostermann

Ball Playing Central Defender Defend - Compper

Central Defender Defend - Orban

Left Fullback Defend - Halstenberg

Defensive Midfielder Defend - Ilsanker

Defensive Midfielder Support - Demme

Central Midfielder Support - tackle harder - Keita

Central Midfielder Attack - tackle harder, more risky passes - Forsberg

Defensive Forward Defend - Poulsen

Advanced Forward Attack - roam from position - Werner

I listed the players I played in those roles in season 1.

Im now half way through the 2020/2021 season and I have used mainly the above tactic and a 442 tactic I have also developed. The above tactic works well when you feel like your going in as the underdog or against a side that plays 4231. Basically you are flooding the centre of the pitch and conceding the wide areas when out of possession. My finishing positions have been 4th,3rd,9th and 2nd. In the season I came 9th I would have been sacked except I reached the semi in the Europa League and Runner Up in the German Cup. I have noticed others in this thread have done better than me but I'm sticking to the way they play in real life.

On 11/24/2016 at 21:08, mod43 said:

Having watched all of RB Leipzigs games this season they no longer play 442. They play 4222 with a focus on the centre of the pitch and they pass into space for Werner, Poulsen and Forsberg to run onto, Werner in particular with his pace and determination

I've noticed that as well, most notably in their recent match against SC Freiburg. Clubs in Germany are very used to facing an Inside Forward on the left (their right) and a winger on the right (their left), perhaps why Leipzig have been so successful thus far. They've really got the cover sorted down the wings as well.

On 04/11/2016 at 17:39, Evanescent said:

Long post incoming. Been playing as RBL since Beta. At the winter break 3rd season.

First season was fun, didn't have many expectations and nabbed 2nd in the league (8pts behind Bayern). Second season was frustrating. Led the league by 6pts at the winter break but ended up losing the title to Bayern by 2pts. Reached 1st Knockout of UCL, losing 5-3 on agg to Juventus. Third season is going great, up by 11pts at the winter break (P17, W14, D3, L0). Will take a mammoth collapse to lose it but knowing FM, I won't rule it out.

Made a ridiculous amount of transfers, mostly on youth players. I have basically turned RBL into what Chelsea is in real life but to an even more insane degree (78 out on loan with more in RBL II and the U19s that I'm trying to move). 

Some of the more notable transfer dealings:

1st Season: Wahlqvist in for £1.8m (probably one of the best signings you can make at the start of the game), Sabitzer out for a bargain £7.75m (wanted to move to a bigger club and I was fine using Kaiser/Forsberg/Burke/Poulsen).

2nd Season: Pione Sisto in for £1m (My best deal,now worth £21m and my most productive winger), Andrea Belotti in for £16.75m (first time I really splashed out and paid a large-ish amount), made Papadopoulos' loan permanent, brought in M'Vila on a free. Major outs: Keita to PSG (£29.5m), Klostermann to Inter (£27.5m), Forsberg to Zenit (£17m). Didn't want to lose Klostermann (as he is one of the few HG) but they matched his release clause.

3rd Season: Riccardo Saponara and Bruma in on frees. Papadopoulos sold to Man Utd for £26.5m and Belotti went to Ath Madrid on the last day on the transfer window after they matched his min fee (£29.5m). Panic set in after Belotti left but Selke has stayed injury-free and is averaging a goal a game.

Rotation:

GK Dragowski / Muller

DR Wahlqvist / Dalot

DC Orban (c) / Gustavo Henrique

DC Goldaniga / Upamecano

DL Tierney / Jannes Horn

MC Malyshev / M'Vila

MC Akkaynak / Janelt / Lucas Silva

AMR Sisto / Bruma

AMC Saponara / Pineda / Schaub

AML Werner / Burke

ST Selke / Dadachov

Tried to keep it somewhat realistic by going for youth (only 4 players are 26yo or over) + signing some German/Austrian players where possible (Akkaynak, Horn, Schaub) + some Salzburg/Liefering players where possible (Upamecano and heaps loaned out like including Caleta-Car, Konrad Laimer). Some of the more promising RBL youth players like Majetschak and Abouchabaka are developing well on loan. Should be handy HG squad players in a season or two.

Hi @Evanescent how has Jannes Horn developed? 

Can you please send a screenshot? 

Ive started a Wolfsburg save and trying to decide if he'll be a good option or purchase someone else. 

It's fantastic to hear that you're all enjoying playing as Leipzig! I'm still looking forward to starting my Leipzig save very soon.

Just wanted to say thanks to @mod43 and @Saint_Lane for helping us to understand Leipzig's tactical preferences, especially as I'm yet to complete the tactics section of the Team Guide yet. I try to save this section for when I've started my own save, for obvious reasons, but I'll be sure to add your expertise to the section soon!

Also, be sure to check out my other Team Guides, linked in the topic post. Thanks for sharing your progress with Leipzig, it's great to see more and more people try management outside of their own country every year, and Germany is a fantastic nation to manage in. Great work guys!

Few questions for everyone...

How does everybody use the strikers at Leipzig?

I am 4 games in, Won the Cup game 2-0, beat Freiburg 1-0 and then i was 2-0 up at Leverkusen and lost 4-2 due to losing Kyriacos during the game and then i lost to Dortmund 3-1 after losing Willi Orban in the week building upto the game.

I am playing 4-2-3-1 after signing Mehmet Ekici for 4m.

Werner is a poacher?

Poulsson and Selkie advised Defensive forwards but looking at them i would prefer to use Poulsson as Target man support and Selkie as advanced forward?

Terrence Boyd is a target man?

Also i Naby Keita? DLP-D seems a waste but there is a lot of ball winners. Naby looks a good CAM?

Except for Halstenburg there isnt any good crossers. I was thinking Ekici out right, Kaiser/Keita as CAM?

16 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Hows Burke turned out for people on here?

I signed him for Dortmund, and hes progressed to the point where he'll now be first choice right winger. His physicals look incredible for his age.

KWSVTqp.png

Burke won young player of the year for me for 2 seasons running then went on to player of the year. His assists are off the charts

7 hours ago, MANUMAD said:

Burke won young player of the year for me for 2 seasons running then went on to player of the year. His assists are off the charts

Yeah hes an assist monster for me too. Strangely, the AI Red Bull manager barely play him in most of my saves and he's gone with three seasons.

Decided to start a long term save with RB Leipzig, which is a exiting project. With some very talented players and a young squad. Will not stop before we clinch the Champions League trophy. Will play my favorite formation, a 4-4-1-1 formation, which i think suits the team well, after some retraining. 

Transfers:

333ib6b.png

Bundesliga - Winners:

17a5ph.png

DFB-Pokal - Winners:

2zi96vq.png

What a season! Total unexpected. We played some really nice football and overachieved in both the league and the cup. Ready for a interesting summer window. Would need to strengthen the squad for Champions League.

So, second season finished with RB Leipzig. 

Transfers:

fem3gn.png

Bundesliga: 1st Place

1zygglu.png

A really tight season between us and Bayern Munich in the Bundesliga. But managed to clinch the title at the very end. Saido Berainho was the main man, and most of the reason to why the title ended up at Red Bull Arena.

Went out early in the DFB Pokal against Hoffenheim. In Champions League we did extremely well, lost in the quarter finals to Manchester City. The highlight of the season came in the first knockout stages:

33os9om.jpg

And, finally, my U19 won the UEFA Youth Cup:

awe0xe.png

46 minutes ago, Lufcberg22 said:

Loading up the save now, Any good youth players in the ranks?

Dadachov. Will recommend promote him to the first team, but make him available for U19. Also other good youngsters, but i have only used dadachov and majetschak. Would recommend u read one of the first post regarding the youngsters

And Janelt. But he is already in the first team

managed to win the league in season 1 with barely getting 70 points, bayern and dortmund were god awful....managed to run away with the league season 2 thanks again to Bayern being god awful....now I hope to repeat along with hopefully winning a domestic cup or making a run in europe despite my domestic success still find it hard to attract some of the top players especially the Germans

so my team heading into season 3 is (play a 4-2-2-2)

ST: Selke, Werner, Dadachov, ???

LW: Pavon, Sabitzer

RW: Salah, Sam

CM: Bernardo, Bazoer, Damme, Janelt

LB: Jorge, Jung

RB: Peruzzi, Heinloth

CB: Klostermann, Rudiger, Kaan Ayhan, Mavraj 

GK: Perin, Grun

looking for Avdiaj for the last striker spot, sabitzer has been incredibly average for me he will serve as a good player to bring off the bench though due to his ability to play on both flanks  he has garnered alot of interest from across europe so thats all I can see happening 

Thanks for this awesome thread and the tip on Park Joo-Ho, he's been great, although I have only started this save recently! 

Can anyone share a screenshot of their tactic and instructions(Preferably in 4-4-2/4-2-4 but anything goes)? I'm not a tactical genius to say the least :).

Here are my transfers if anyone is interested: 

Skærmbillede 2016-12-18 kl. 19.44.39.png

On 12/16/2016 at 16:15, BanOly said:

@Albanian_Kid

Is Gino Peruzzi as good as he was in last year's FM then? Good enough to be a key Bundesliga right-back??

yea hes fairly solid, not as fast as I would like him to be buts hes really good, racked up a 7.41 avg rating for me  in his first season around the same average this season....only bought him for 3.5mil 

so eliminated from CL quarters by Real Madrid, eliminated in third round of German Cup by Kaiserslauten :(...but im on track to win three leagues in three seasons, and having already qualified for the CL with a few weeks left I got a transfer kitty of 120mil pounds, before the season expectations already have been set 

Finally finished a first season with Leipzig and i very nearly got into the Champions League on the last day but i secured 5th instead so i am into Europa League. So delighted and after losing my first game in the cup to Jena, probably helped me in the end.

Big tip to anyone starting with Leipzig, Win games at the start especially against the lower teams and the confidence you get, it's like managing a totally different team.

I brought Mehmet Ekici for 4m who was fantastic and Koray Gunter in January with Papa Alioune Ndiaye but they both didn't play much because of injury.

for next season I have got dayot upamecano for 6m and timo horn for 10m.

any one got any suggestions for right and left back? Mitchell weiser is an option but seems expensive. Ludwig augustinsson for left? Also now papadopolous has gone back have I left myself short? Wings r fine. Would like a dlpd to free up naby Keita ? Another cam would be good. Upfront poulsson Selkie and Werner r okay, bony is on my list? Any suggestions would be most welcome thanks guys 

Currently half way through my third season, this is what has happened so far:

Season 1:

Players in: rajkovic, ravel morrison, kasper dolberg, upamecano.

Out: poulsen, kaiser, gulacsi.

Finished 2nd in the league behind bayern, knocked out early in the cup. 

tactic: 4-1-2-2-1

Season 2:

Players in: lozano, nuri sahin, matheus pereira.

out: ilsanker, bruno and a bunch out on loan.

finsished 2nd in the league, 1st in the cup and won the europa league.

same formation as season 1.

season 3:

players in: oliver, andre horta, marco asensio, jorge mere, bonmann.

out: nuri sahin, forsberg, marius muller and a bunch on free.

currently at the winter break, top of the league and qualified for knockout stage of champions league.

have used same formation every season.

Started a save with RBL few days ago and now I'm in January.

Play a counter attacking with high pressure (Kloppoeque) and managed to beat Bayern 2 - 1, Dortmund 1-0, Wolfsburg, and Gladbach. However we were struggled against weaker teams and with some unlucky moments we found drawing with Hertha 4-4 and defeat to Koln, Mainz, Leverkusen, and one that I completely forget atm. Found ourself in 6th spot.

Poulsen and Werner both scored 8 goals for us, Poulsen wanted to move and I failed convince him to stay. He's off to Wolfsburg for 16m euros, 9m upfront and the rest for 24months. I play with Defensive Striker role in my formation and both Poulsen and Werner has perform well in that position. However Davie Selke seems uncomfortable and even i changed the role and the set up for him, he seems can't find the form we wanted. Can't sell him right now since Poulsen leaving and not too fancy with Damari (No body wanted Damari, can't sell him duhh!), In the end, I signed Gianluca Lapadula for 3m euros since AC Milan never give him chance in Serie - A, his attributes seems perfect for DF role and he's a really aggressive striker, something that good for my liking, altho his positioning is only 10(Can't remember exact number). Hopefully he can replace Poulsen and be even better. 

Many,many,many teams are intrested in my players, including my youngster. Willi Orban is targeted by several PL clubs, Erik Matjetschak bidded by Bayern and City, Janelt bidded by Liverpool and Bayern, including Abou, Ludewig, and Kuhn also interested by others club. Will do anything to hold them since they are the future core of this team, at least I wanted 3 of them to be in the first teams. The thing is Janelt got unsettled since I rejected Liverpool approach, he wanted to leave and I dont want players that want to leave in this team. I may regret this decision but when I put him in first team, he didn't perform well, so a sell is agreed and hopefully I can get 5m for him. Got a little transfer budget available to be invested in young players but may wait for next summer since keeping the current youngster is top priority. I signed Rajkovic 6m, Papa Ndiaye 7.5m, Tagliafico 3m for the first team in last summer. Basically this is my formation

GK : Rajkovic/Muller

RB: Klostermann/Schmitz

CB: Orban/Kyriakos/Compper/Ilsanker

LB: Tagliafico/Halstenberg

DM: Demme/Bernardo

CM: Ndiaye/Keita/Khedira

RW:Kaiser/Burke/Sabitzer

LW:Werner/Forsberg

ST: Lapadula/Selke

Retrained Bernardo to LB and he's doing solid job, while Werner performed great in ST position, and sometimes Kaiser plays well also in the CM position. Really excited to see where we finish. Hopefully the board will be kind to me and give me big chunk of budgets to spend!

Started a save with them. I got sacked in the first season in late March, with the club in 18th. I signed Predrag Rajkovic, Paul Dummett, Matty James and Angelo Henriquez in preseason. I signed Kevin Kraus and some other backup defender in January. I'm now at Stoke in late February of 2018. The main problem was that I could never settle on a tactic and Werner got a season ending injury around November.

15 hours ago, Fer Fuchs Ake said:

Started a save with them. I got sacked in the first season in late March, with the club in 18th. I signed Predrag Rajkovic, Paul Dummett, Matty James and Angelo Henriquez in preseason. I signed Kevin Kraus and some other backup defender in January. I'm now at Stoke in late February of 2018. The main problem was that I could never settle on a tactic and Werner got a season ending injury around November.

Gutted to hear that mate. Werner is key in my save and he ended as my top scorer for 20 goals. Care to start over mate? I suggest using 4141 counter with high pressing game. Defense first approach ( altho i conceded 45 goals, but some due error from my players not the defense system itself ).

Anyway, been interesting save so far. Finished first season at 4th with 60pts. Board gives us 52m euro to spend. The money so far used for improving my players contract as they think they deserves better. Signed Jedvaj for around 5-6.5m to replace Papadopoulos as he was really inconsistent compared to Orban. And Leverkusen didn't want to accept less than 8m euros for him which i thought too much for his inconsistency. Will be an exciting summer window altho i lost the battle for Upemacano to Liverpool. Main target is Dahoud as he got unsettled after poor Gladbach season. 

On 03.01.2017 at 13:00, tinkerer said:

Started a save with RBL few days ago and now I'm in January.

Play a counter attacking with high pressure (Kloppoeque) and managed to beat Bayern 2 - 1, Dortmund 1-0, Wolfsburg, and Gladbach. However we were struggled against weaker teams and with some unlucky moments we found drawing with Hertha 4-4 and defeat to Koln, Mainz, Leverkusen, and one that I completely forget atm. Found ourself in 6th spot.

Poulsen and Werner both scored 8 goals for us, Poulsen wanted to move and I failed convince him to stay. He's off to Wolfsburg for 16m euros, 9m upfront and the rest for 24months. I play with Defensive Striker role in my formation and both Poulsen and Werner has perform well in that position. However Davie Selke seems uncomfortable and even i changed the role and the set up for him, he seems can't find the form we wanted. Can't sell him right now since Poulsen leaving and not too fancy with Damari (No body wanted Damari, can't sell him duhh!), In the end, I signed Gianluca Lapadula for 3m euros since AC Milan never give him chance in Serie - A, his attributes seems perfect for DF role and he's a really aggressive striker, something that good for my liking, altho his positioning is only 10(Can't remember exact number). Hopefully he can replace Poulsen and be even better. 

Many,many,many teams are intrested in my players, including my youngster. Willi Orban is targeted by several PL clubs, Erik Matjetschak bidded by Bayern and City, Janelt bidded by Liverpool and Bayern, including Abou, Ludewig, and Kuhn also interested by others club. Will do anything to hold them since they are the future core of this team, at least I wanted 3 of them to be in the first teams. The thing is Janelt got unsettled since I rejected Liverpool approach, he wanted to leave and I dont want players that want to leave in this team. I may regret this decision but when I put him in first team, he didn't perform well, so a sell is agreed and hopefully I can get 5m for him. Got a little transfer budget available to be invested in young players but may wait for next summer since keeping the current youngster is top priority. I signed Rajkovic 6m, Papa Ndiaye 7.5m, Tagliafico 3m for the first team in last summer. Basically this is my formation

GK : Rajkovic/Muller

RB: Klostermann/Schmitz

CB: Orban/Kyriakos/Compper/Ilsanker

LB: Tagliafico/Halstenberg

DM: Demme/Bernardo

CM: Ndiaye/Keita/Khedira

RW:Kaiser/Burke/Sabitzer

LW:Werner/Forsberg

ST: Lapadula/Selke

Retrained Bernardo to LB and he's doing solid job, while Werner performed great in ST position, and sometimes Kaiser plays well also in the CM position. Really excited to see where we finish. Hopefully the board will be kind to me and give me big chunk of budgets to spend!

Please, post screenshots of your line-up, TI, PI. How do you adapt mentality, instructions, roles to weak and strong rivals? How do you train players?

1 hour ago, tinkerer said:

Gutted to hear that mate. Werner is key in my save and he ended as my top scorer for 20 goals. Care to start over mate? I suggest using 4141 counter with high pressing game. Defense first approach ( altho i conceded 45 goals, but some due error from my players not the defense system itself ).

Anyway, been interesting save so far. Finished first season at 4th with 60pts. Board gives us 52m euro to spend. The money so far used for improving my players contract as they think they deserves better. Signed Jedvaj for around 5-6.5m to replace Papadopoulos as he was really inconsistent compared to Orban. And Leverkusen didn't want to accept less than 8m euros for him which i thought too much for his inconsistency. Will be an exciting summer window altho i lost the battle for Upemacano to Liverpool. Main target is Dahoud as he got unsettled after poor Gladbach season. 

Congratulations on the top 4 spot. Papadopoulos was pretty bad for me as well. He scored 3 or 4 own goals and was pretty unreliable. Naby Keita, Lukas Klostermann and Willi Orban (whom I lost to Valencia in January) were my standout players. Indiscipline was a problem too. Selke and Ilsanker in particular because Selke got sent off twice and Ilsanker did the same. As for going back to Leipzig, I might in the future. Right now I'm enjoying life in the Britannia (despite us being half bankrupt). Best of luck getting Dahoud.

On 9.12.2016 at 18:01, matsnor21 said:

How can you take players from Rbl 2 team and put them in youre squad? hehe this might sound stupid but the only option is to transfer them to u-19 team:S Or is the team controlled by an another manager? I see i can take my 1 team players and make them available for rbl 2 but not the opposite way. Please help:)

14 hours ago, Black and Yellow said:

When the thread was first created, the Bayer Leverkusen players were copied over from their team guide to get the same layout, so for a brief time I was right :D

haha ok:)

On ‎09‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 00:35, Llainen said:

How can you take players from Rbl 2 team and put them in youre squad? hehe this might sound stupid but the only option is to transfer them to u-19 team:S Or is the team controlled by an another manager? I see i can take my 1 team players and make them available for rbl 2 but not the opposite way. Please help:)

Yeah, click move to affiliate, and you should get the option. Same if you want to move them to RB L 2 etc.

So started a new save with Leipzig, brought in Tyrone Mings on loan as cover at LB. Aiming to play high press 4-3-3, or a possession hungry 4-1-4-1, first game of the season against Munich, so thanks fixture gods. Just being curious, what tactics do you guys play, and where do you finish in your first seasons?

On 1/8/2017 at 17:11, cfkllasdfaslkdfj said:

Please, post screenshots of your line-up, TI, PI. How do you adapt mentality, instructions, roles to weak and strong rivals? How do you train players?

Screen Shot 2017-01-13 at 12.23.28 PM.png

This is my line up for majority of last season. The team that finished 4th. Papadopoulos instead of Jedvaj, and Kaiser instead of Burke. But both already sold so I put them instead. I never changed formation, roles etc except the striker role since I wanted to get the most of my striker. But first since my tactic is high pressing i want the pressure start from the first line, hence I used DF role, and the striker is really productive too, Poulsen got 8 goals in first half of the season and Werner 20 and Lapa 2. 

Standard/flexible : use for winnable match or against a equally strong side. Counter/Structured : against better team like Munchen, BVB, Leverkusen etc or any tricky away match. But if want to hold the score I usually switched from standard flexible to counter rigid in around 60mins and contain/structured around 85mins, to make sure my lads don't break concentrations. Team Instruction : Normal tempo, Sometimes time wasting, Balance width, Normal Defensive Line, Closing down much more, use tighter marking, pass into space, mixed pass, work ball into box, and low crosses. 

Player Instruction : 

GK : fewer risky passes, distribute to full back, short kicks

FB : Fewer risky passes, stay wider, cross from deep

CB : no change

DM : mark tighter, fewer risky passes, drible less, hold position, close down more 

BBM : shoot less often, drible less, tackle harder, roam from position

RPM : move into channel, drible more, roam from postion

IF : close down much more, drible more, cut inside, cross less often, get further forward

WM : cross from byline, cut inside, get further

DF : roam from position, move into channel, fewer risky passes, close down much more, tackle harder

Hope that helps mate.

On 1/8/2017 at 18:37, Fer Fuchs Ake said:

Congratulations on the top 4 spot. Papadopoulos was pretty bad for me as well. He scored 3 or 4 own goals and was pretty unreliable. Naby Keita, Lukas Klostermann and Willi Orban (whom I lost to Valencia in January) were my standout players. Indiscipline was a problem too. Selke and Ilsanker in particular because Selke got sent off twice and Ilsanker did the same. As for going back to Leipzig, I might in the future. Right now I'm enjoying life in the Britannia (despite us being half bankrupt). Best of luck getting Dahoud.

Thanks mate, onto second season. Agree, Papadopoulos always make silly move for me. Naby Keita now my top paid players with 3.6m/annum with match higher earner clause to make him stay from AS Monaco temptation. YES, love Klostermann. He even won Bundesliga Breakthrough of the Season in 1st place. Orban is my potential first captain since I sold Kaiser, seems really reliable at back for me. Ah I see, Good luck out there then mate! 

Heading to first game of Bundesliga in second season. Got 52m transfer budget but now only used it slightly, since also got around 13m from player sales. 

This is my full transfer for 2017/18 summer ( atleast until now!)

GK : Muller out for 300k - brought in Kraft for free

LB : Halstenberg out for 3.2m for HSV and replace him with the returning Anthony Jung from loan

CB : Papadopoulos and Compper out - brought in Dominique Heintz for 9m and Jedvaj for 6m and Subotic for 5m

DM : Bernardo out for 5.25m and Khedira for 300k - brought in M'vila for free

RM : Kaiser sold for 2.3m

ST : Damari sold for 1.5m

Build my team from the back, and the defensive sector is done, while Schmitz probably the only weak point, but always can play Jedvaj on the right while Klostermann unavailable. Also DM role is done, M'vila, Janelt, and Demme also Islanker who refused to leave. Wanted to sign Dahoud but Gladbach wanted 50m for him and won't even negotiate. Also almost sign Oztunali/Bittencourt but both want ridiculous wage, around 3.6-4m which I don't want to give even I can afford it. I need to keep my other players happy. Wanted to sell Selke since even in pre season he don't score goals, but I may give him last chance this season, the only thing that saves him from being sold is because he is young and German.

I may use many young player this season, Majetschak, Ludewig, Kuhn, and my 15 yo regen striker from academy who attracted Bayern and BVB, but he is too young to be registered in BL. Anway, still 37m to left, I maybe wanted to use it when interesting player come across or got transfer listed, gonna make the financial situation ready.

• 2 weeks later...

Finished second season as the runner-up, 70 pts behind Bayern with 74 pts. Never been in title race, just sloppy results from Schalke and Bayern in the last 5 matches made us look like a realle challenger. Had some amazing matches including 3-1 win against Bayern, 5-2 against Dortmund, and 5-1 against Stuttgart at the final day even though I played many of my youngsters. 

League table.png

Champions league been a terrible experience for us, drawn with Man Utd, PSG, and Galatasaray, i only hoped to finished 3rd to get European League, but I lost the key battle against Galatasaray 1 - 0 and we finished 4th. DFB Pokal also been dissapointing, only managed to play in second round and lost 1 - 0 to Gladbach. But, the exit of two competitions made us perform better in Bundesliga, and we step by step climbed the table. A really good season for us, Werner made 35 goals for us, 20 goals and 15 assist in the league, made him the Player of the Year. I won Manager of the Year and Player's Manager of the Year for two consecutive season. Another key player for our success in the league is Dwight Gayle, 19 goals in the league, Olly Burke with 10 assists and made him won the European Golden Boy. Rajkovic also key for us with 14 CS, Papa Ndiaye with 8 goals and 6 assists. 

Got €77m to spend in the summer, and again, many of my players attracted interest from big clubs and I need to give them increase contract to convince them to stay, altho some of them want to move out. Tagliafico was my first team left back and he said he wanted to move to bigger club, then OM came for him and pay his release clause. Willi Orban was my captain and a reliable centre back, only got 1 year left in his contract and his agent a complete c***. Decided to cash him. Lapadula is sold to Villareal, my third choice striker, scored 6 goals in 23 games, but often the goals he scored were decisive, i.e. in 1 - 0 win or an equalizer. Naby Keita was my best player and when I first start the save I wanted to build the team around him. Inter came for him and negotiated for his release clause, I initially rejected but the player wanted to move, so 35m agreed and he got €8m/season, more than twice we payed him (€3.6m/season). Janelt is a great talent and I loan him out to get more playing time, and Demme was a solid squad player, wanted more time to play but just can't sacrifice M'vila position for him. 

So, I noticed that Hoffenheim is relegated and many of their star players got unsettled. Sule, Rudy, Kramaric were my target, but only Sule arrived and I'm quite happy with the fee since he is a really quality player(also German!). Asensio is quality player and I surprised that Madrid listed him and happily snapped him up for 13m. The same with Paredes, been a fan of him in real life and he looks quality in the game, got listed with 1 year left in his contract. Chrotowski is a regen with 5 star potential. And I signed three free agent in Gaudino, Kagawa, and Siqueira. Gaudino talent wasted in Bayern and they release him, I took the gamble and sign him and happy with his low wages (500k/season). Kagawa still a quality player and offer so much in attacking department, versatile and still 29 years old, €2.5m/season for him. Siqueira signed to replace Tagliafico, in fact he is much better in attacking, at least it is what the pre season tell me. Piszczek also listed and signed him to get his experience and quality in right flank. Knoche initially signed for our 4th centre back, behind Sule, Heintz, and Jedvaj in pecking order. Janssen also struggled with life in Spurs and we happily offer chance for him, and BATSHUAYI! Well it was my most expensive transfer in the last 3 FM version and it also set record for most expensive transfer in Bundesliga, but we needed to make statement that we're a growing club and ready to challenge with the others and not just to be seen as 'surprise team' anymore. Bathsuayi had a bad career at Chelsea with just 13 goals in 45 league games, but he eventually led Belgium to win 2018 World Cup and finished as top scorer with 5 goals. It's better worth it or I just wasted my 58m. And at the transfer deadline day, Arsenal came in for Jedvaj and we rejected the offer, leading to angry Jedvaj that want to be sold, I already renew his contract TWICE already this year to make him stay even Man City kept coming for him. It was the last time we increased his wages and I agree to sell him, to OM..... well at least I got 28.5m for 5.5m investment. The problem is the deadline day already passed when I sold him, so i can't find his replacement, and Jedvaj still in our team until January 2019.

Transfer.png

So, this is my team, i changed formation to 4231 from 4141 i've been using past two seasons

GK : Rajkovic/Kraft/Bellot

RB: Klostermann (C)/Pisczcek

CB: Sule/Heintz/Knoche/Jedvaj

LB: Siqueira/Jung

CM(d): M'vila/Ndiaye

DLP(d): Paredes/Gaudino

AP(s): Asensio/Kagawa/Majetschak

IF(s): Werner/Sisto/Duellund

W(s): Burke/Schmid

CF(a): Batshuayi/Janssen/Gayle

A really interesting team. And we suffered lost against Bayern in Supercup, 2-2 at normal time, and lost to penalties. Well it's just a mickey mouse cup, altho I'm mad because two of Bayern goals all came from set piece, something I always find unfair. In the end, really interesting to play the 3rd season, hopefully we can win Bundesliga and go far in Champions League (drawn to Shaktar, City, and Lyon) after building depth in our squad. 

I've finally decided to take a break from my beloved Bayer Leverkusen and focus on RB Leipzig. Expect the tactics section to be completed soon.

My first impressions of the squad are that everyone seems rather versatile, which is impressive given the young average age. This leaves plenty of time for them to develop in whatever position you need. The players I've noticed so far are:
 - Marvin Compper is going to fill in at left-back until Anthony Jung returns from his loan, or a better alternative presents itself. He's not brave enough, and lacks aerial ability, to make a decent central defender.
 - Marcel Halstenberg can play as a left-winger, which suits him better as he lacks significant defensive ability.
 - Stefan Ilsanker is being deployed as a central defender which isn't much more ideal than in midfield, but helps cover in for Compper and the unreliable Papadopoulos.
 - Bernardo can cover for Lukas Klostermann at right-back as he does in real-life, but his footedness means he is better suited as a cover for Compper at left-back until a better alternative presents itself.
 - Dominik Kaiser can play as a wing-back or winger on either side of the pitch. Easily the most versatile player in the squad.
 - Timo Werner can play as a winger but I doubt I'll ever need another one.

Despite all these versatile players able to play as full-backs, a lot of them are left-footed so you might still struggle for a decent, viable right-back.

The players I'm looking at signing are Timo Horn, Bartlomiej Dragowski, Jannes Horn, Sebastian Jung and Johannes Eggestein.

10 hours ago, BanOly said:

- Marvin Compper is going to fill in at left-back until Anthony Jung returns from his loan, or a better alternative presents itself. He's not brave enough, and lacks aerial ability, to make a decent central defender.

- Stefan Ilsanker is being deployed as a central defender which isn't much more ideal than in midfield, but helps cover in for Compper and the unreliable Papadopoulos.
 - Bernardo can cover for Lukas Klostermann at right-back as he does in real-life, but his footedness means he is better suited as a cover for Compper at left-back until a better alternative presents itself.
 - Dominik Kaiser can play as a wing-back or winger on either side of the pitch. Easily the most versatile player in the squad.
 - Timo Werner can play as a winger but I doubt I'll ever need another one. 

The players I'm looking at signing are Timo Horn, Bartlomiej Dragowski, Jannes Horn, Sebastian Jung and Johannes Eggestein.

Compper was a liability for me, only play him in some of easy games and cup matches in my first season. I prefer Ilsanker filling that role. Meanwhile, sometime i used Kaiser as my BBM and somehow he performed quite well. At the left back role I use Bernardo when my main left full back couldn't play (Tagliafico). I didn't trust Halstenberg :D

Agree with Horn, started the save in June 16 and Horn release clause was still active, somehow he rejected us and i went with Rajkovic instead

thinking of starting up my save again, my team is really good but I havent been able to win anything outside the league still somewhat young 

GK: Horn, Grun

LB: Jorge, Jung

RB: Henrichs, Heinloth

CB: Klostermann, Rudiger, Kempf, Schwaab

DM: Lars Bender, Janelt

CM: Goretzka, Lemina, Gerdhart, Abouchabaka

ST: Selke, Werner, Pavon, Dadachov, Gregoristch, Salah (injured for half a year) 

• 3 weeks later...

Finally won the league for the first time in our 3rd season, finished 4th and 2nd respectively. Batshuayi finished as joint-top scorer with 18 goals, he also contributed with 9 assist in the league. The champions league campaign was really crazy, we finished as runner-up in group stage alongside Lyon, beating Man City ( was the champion last season ) and Shaktar. Lyon finished with 10 pts, RBL with 9, Shaktar 8 and CIty 7. We drawn with Juventus in the last 16 and managed win 2 - 0 in the aggregate. Quarter final drawn against Barca and I thought our CL campaign would be offer. Who thought Barca played their worst game in years against us? We beat them 4 - 1 in our home and lost 1 - 2 in Camp Nou, It was enough to help us through to semi, which we drawn to Spurs. Quiet lucky for us considering the other fixture in semi was Real Madrid v PSG. We won 1 - 0 in WHL but lost eventually from corner routine, which was really dissapointing for us. It was magical season for us though, so don't have any to complain. 

58ae7b8421fcb_ScreenShot2017-02-23at1_04_15PM.thumb.png.77f27c2374703d2de4207624df2803d1.png58ae7cf91aa73_ScreenShot2017-02-23at1_10_44PM.thumb.png.43584eabd4ed573f3758ec78f2e17a61.png

The DFB Pokal saw us lost against Munchen in semi final. But it was never our top priorities. 

The transfer window was really exciting for us, the board gave us big transfer budget, but I spent it wisely enough ( at least in my consideration :p:p )

The biggest transfer was Dahoud from Gladbach for 33m, I initially wanted to sign Weigl but Dortmund just didn't wanna let him go, so I got Dahoud as alternative ( both players not really similar but hey, both can play as DLP in my system ). The second was Pedro Pereira, the explosive full back from Sampdoria, with 28m for the first payment and also add-ons that cost us 37m in total. Jannes Horn from Schalke arrived for 19m, to replace Anthony Jung that was released and promote him straight away since Siqueira can't play every match due to his age. The goalie Marvin Schwabe arrived from TSG Hoffehnheim to replace Kraft for my deputy goalie. Schwabe was a key in TSG promotion from BL 2 , kept 13 clean sheet in 33 appearances. Edgar Hurtado, Jean Claude Kiaku, El Orfi, and Rasmussen are regens with potential. It will be exciting to see how they developed. Castro also arrived from Dortmund to be my 'utility player'. He can play in many position, CM, DM, FB, also CAM. Got a really nice signing for our depth. The outgoing transfer was Gaudino, Knoche, Duelund, Kagawa, Schmid, Gayle, and Kraft. The first name was a really exciting player, signed him for free last season and was a good back up, but he injured often in the last season and Wolfsburg came with a nice, nice amount. So I said goodbye to him which he returned it with a nice farewell, he has me as favored personnel. The others just wasn't good enough for me. 

58ae7e9708bab_ScreenShot2017-02-23at1_17_39PM.thumb.png.22a742189488b2c1c59919f11952904c.png

Will be a really exciting 4th season for us, currently 2nd in December behind Leverkusen. Champions league drawn us with Chelsea in the last 16. Hope we can go to the final this time! Will update as soon the season finished!

Archived