[Suggestion] - Closely youth development

elfregonero

I know it's too late to say this, so I suggest it for future Football Manager editions:

WHAT ABOUT MANAGE YOUTH AND U-21s TEAMS? WHY NOT?

Think about it.

There're so many people who'd like to start a 'realistic' career. Starting from the bottom and climb, sooner or later, to the top. Or not! Just make yourself a world recognized youth football players developer.

Here's the point. No experience, no qualification, young person... And you have the chance to train the youths of a Spanish Second Division team. You'd have to complete some targets as, for example:

- Program training sessions that would help young players to play the role/position required by club's 1st team philosophy. 

- Make them play as the 1st team.

- Meet the sporting targets (win a title, be competitive or just stay safe on the table)

Depending on the club's philosophy, you'll get the chance to manage teams above you (U21s, B teams, 1st teams)... or not. If you get the Manchester United's youths and the 1st team manager is sacked, probably they will not think about you as the ideal candidate. Instead, if you are Recreativo de Huelva's youth manager, maybe you could get a chance.

Of course, you'll need to be in permanent contact with main managers. They'll ask you for anything they need: a left back for a national Cup tie against a lower quality rival, assuming the 1st team tactics (despite of you have the right one in your head)... or your dismissal. On the other hand, you could ask them for help: more trainers, a friendly with the 1st team, a young player he is not using and you need to win the Youth League... Who knows?

This could have many paths: start from the bottom and get to the top (as I said); be one of the greatest youth developers in the world (as I said... think about Cruyff or Laureano Ruiz); be good enough to be asked to manage an Under-X national team (that's almost impossible at FM15).

I think the idea is clear. I don't know if it would be easy to make, that's the truth, but some of us are a little bit tired of the same things every year. Yes, there are improvements in tactics, but there're other things that could make this saga EVEN MORE BIG!

...and addictive.

What do you think?

There are already threads about this idea, including starting as assistant manager or reserve/youth manager. And there is a statement from Miles Jacobson from SI, that this is no option and will not be added to the game, due to the lack of things you actually could do. (Manager of the first team dictate tactic and tell you which player you should play etc.)

42 minutes ago, KUBI said:

There are already threads about this idea, including starting as assistant manager or reserve/youth manager. And there is a statement from Miles Jacobson from SI, that this is no option and will not be added to the game, due to the lack of things you actually could do. (Manager of the first team dictate tactic and tell you which player you should play etc.)

I wouldnt mind having the option of identifying either certain 'must starts' or possible first 11 (if over x fitness) at youth/b teams level.  You can dictate the formation but not the personell. My B team coach dropped half my most promising kids, the git.

49 minutes ago, wkdsoul said:

I wouldnt mind having the option of identifying either certain 'must starts' or possible first 11 (if over x fitness) at youth/b teams level.  You can dictate the formation but not the personell. My B team coach dropped half my most promising kids, the git.

You can definitely tell youth team coaches which players to play, and they will barring injury/call ups, not sure about B teams mind.

Here's my U-19's, with the 11 I selected to start.

73d177c5cde032d796adaeb4a7805b5a.png

4 minutes ago, BoxToBox said:

You can definitely tell youth team coaches which players to play, and they will barring injury/call ups, not sure about B teams mind.

Here's my U-19's, with the 11 I selected to start.

73d177c5cde032d796adaeb4a7805b5a.png

Do they stick to that on game day? 

I think the B-teams do it too, but there's a kind of issue, since my B-team are just listed "lower leagues" they don't have staff or a prepared tactic, so I clicked use first teams tactics. Problem is I could only set them out for a 4-4-2, and I play 4-3-1-2. The game went ahead and they played a 4-3-1-2, and the back 5, the MCR,MCL and two strikers matched the ones I set up, but they picked their own choices for MC and AMC since I had organized for 4-4-2 which had neither slot used.

Had you a proper B-team, I'm sure it would work without a hitch, like the U-19's did.

21 hours ago, BoxToBox said:

I think the B-teams do it too, but there's a kind of issue, since my B-team are just listed "lower leagues" they don't have staff or a prepared tactic, so I clicked use first teams tactics. Problem is I could only set them out for a 4-4-2, and I play 4-3-1-2. The game went ahead and they played a 4-3-1-2, and the back 5, the MCR,MCL and two strikers matched the ones I set up, but they picked their own choices for MC and AMC since I had organized for 4-4-2 which had neither slot used.

Had you a proper B-team, I'm sure it would work without a hitch, like the U-19's did.

Nice i have a database where  i gave all the prem teams a local lvl 9 ish B team

Maine Road -> Man City

FC United - > Man United

etc.

• 1 month later...

Archived