[Suggestion] Show player's opinion of/relationship with manager

Dint

After asking the following question earlier:

17 hours ago, Dint said:

I let my Assistant Manager and Director of Football handle a lot of things, such as press conferences and renewing contracts. Recently there was a message in my inbox saying my main striker refused to sign a new contract because he dislikes me. This was the first time I heard about this and I don't recall anything bad happening between the player and myself, so my best guess is that it's because of something the Assistant Manager said during a press conference.

Now I'm wondering... is it possible to see a player's opinion of you anywhere in the game? (Even better if it also says why a player likes or dislikes you)

I concluded that this is currently not possible, while I think it would be a good addition to the game. I can see the relationship with managers I've never met ('Relationship with you' on the 'Overview>Information'-page of other managers), but not with the players I manage daily. This seems a bit odd to me.

A few reasons why a player could (dis)like the manager:

• Player does (not) like the way the manager makes the team play
  • Player does (not) like the position the manager is making him play in
  • Player does (not) like the way the manager treats him or a teammate
  • Player does (not) like the manager because of a promise that was (not) kept
  • Player does (not) like the team talk that was made or the feedback he received from the manager

The information required for this is already in the game, so all that needs to be done is to make it visible so we as managers can make use of it. Depending on a player's opinion of the manager, we could decide to change our tactics to fit the player (if he's a key player for example), let the player play in his preferred position, sell him, put him in the reserves, etc.

• 1 month later...

Archived