Pillars in Big Stadiums

timcliffsmith

Having just seen a screenshot, I see that there are still pillars in big stadiums. When was the last time anyone saw a pillar in a new or new-ish stadium? I can't believe what an oversight this is. Who designed the stadiums? Have they never been to a game or watched one on the tellybox? This was so off-putting in FM16 I turned off the stadiums. I've always thought that the stadiums could be improved; they are too stock. But please, at least in a patch, get rid of the pillars! 

FM 2017 is getting closer than ever to abolishing that game’s reputation as glorified football spreadsheet.

Agreed. There are more important things for SI to focus on, and I realise SI isn't allowed to intentionally copy specific stadium layouts for licensing reasons.

But it's pretty basic not to put pillars in a large, modern stadium, particularly not a new build (Goodison has some of the oldest stands in the country). Designers started figuring cantilevered roofs were far superior for uninterrupted viewing and worth the extra money in the sixties and posts and beam roofs were described as "unacceptable" by post-Taylor Report guides on how to build new stands,

• 1 month later...

Archived