What upgrades would I need to make to my MacBook to play FM?

Hiya,

Firstly hope this is in the right place. Haven't been here for a while but couldn't see a suitable forum.

I have an old MacBook that basically gets used for typing out invoices and getting music. Pre-FM2016 I also used it for FM but with last years edition it had outgrown it. I know nothing about hardware past hard drives and RAM so I was wondering if upgrading my graphics card / anything else would make it a bit more useful(plus I could use my work laptop for work while playing Football Manager again(which is the real reason for all this really!)).

My MacBook is a early 2008 13inch A1181.

2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

Memory  4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM

Intel GMA X3100 144 MB graphics

Running 10.7.5 (Know this is quite naughty but I haven't been able to update the OS on it for a while)

I get the feeling the cost of upgrading it while be more than I'm willing to pay, but it's worth an ask. Hopefully this is all the info you need.

Thanks.

1 hour ago, Burnsey85 said:

I know nothing about hardware past hard drives and RAM so I was wondering if upgrading my graphics card / anything else would make it a bit more useful(plus I could use my work laptop for work while playing Football Manager again(which is the real reason for all this really!)).

You can't upgrading a integrated graphic card, as the card is part of the motherboard. If you really want to upgrade, you need to buy a newer macbook with a i5 or i7 processor.

Had a feeling this would be the problem! As I say I can still play FM on my work laptop, and I'd need my second laptop to be a Mac as I need to mirror the file system with my work laptop. Not a chance I'm buying a new Mac just to play FM ha. Shame. This laptop has been class for nearly 10 years and now it can't even install the latest iTunes. Thanks for your help though.

Archived