Minimum Release Fee Clause - Value limited by agent

Psycho.

This has to be the most annoying thing ever on FM.

Whenever I offer a player a new contract the agent wants a minimum release fee, but the amount is limited by the agent. Which results in a new contract with a too low minimum release fee or in no contract and an angry player or angry team.

I suggest you remove this.

31 minutes ago, Psycho. said:

This has to be the most annoying thing ever on FM.

Whenever I offer a player a new contract the agent wants a minimum release fee, but the amount is limited by the agent. Which results in a new contract with a too low minimum release fee or in no contract and an angry player or angry team.

I suggest you remove this.

So you want something removed because you don't like the outcome?

If you want to make a case for the minimum release fees being too low you are going to have to do more to show it.  How much have you negotiated? whats the players value? whats a typical selling price for the division you are playing in?

Often you'll find the issue is with the user over valuing the player in question.  You need to lower your expectations and be prepared to let the player move on.

It's certainly a realism feature, but in practice there has been an irritating tendency for agents to insist on non-negotiable minimum release fees that are low relative to the player's value, transfer fee (if it's a new signing) and the value of the contract.

In practice "I won't offer you the pay rise you want unless you start being realistic about the minimum fee" is a perfectly valid negotiation strategy that doesn't represent a broken promise on the part of the manager, and I doubt minimum fees are ever the aspect of a contract that negotiations break down over IRL.

• 1 month later...

Archived