Franky's SUPREME Tactic for FM 17

1 hour ago, sparkysrovers said:

I'm finding this season to be tough, not putting away most of our chances and definitely havent scored as much as last season, despite our very strong start to the season. Has the AI clued on to what I am doing?

Most of the matches, we are the favourites and even favourites and I'm using control as the tactic usage suggests, any ideas? 

Train frankys tactics on all three tactics slots. But have one w very fluid - control . Next one with very fluid - standard and the third one with strucured - counter attack.. at home always use very - fluid control.. when ure favourites away,  very fluid structured and away when ure underdogs structured-counterattack! 

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll give it a whirl - even though I use the control very fluid at home and should be winning games comfortably but not finding the back of the net. Also in a recent match I played we were fav's away, and I used control by accident and ended up winning comfortably even though we werent odds on fav.

Made a good start to the season with this tactic. I love the defensive solidarity but I wouldn't mind a few more goals. I changed the CF(S) to a DLF(A) to better suit the player and he's been scoring a bit more since but otherwise I'm quite happy with the way things are going. 

b9a9ff0015d2783e2f6d5ecc5a894f14.png

The unique way in which the Scottish League Cup is run now saw me qualify to the second round (group consisted of Motherwell, Rangers, Brechin, Stirling and Airdrie) and we qualified second after only losing to Rangers, including a 1-0 away win at Motherwell.  Lost to Hearts in the Second Round though. 

Going to call it a night tonight as big match with local rivals Albion Rovers coming up next. I hate losing to them in real life so if the run ends here I'll be devastated.

17 hours ago, sparkysrovers said:

I'm finding this season to be tough, not putting away most of our chances and definitely havent scored as much as last season, despite our very strong start to the season. Has the AI clued on to what I am doing?

Most of the matches, we are the favourites and even favourites and I'm using control as the tactic usage suggests, any ideas? 

Yeah, I have an idea...... score more goals whilst keeping the same defensive solidity :cool: I need to test for at least half a season, then will upload the modified tactic, replacing the original. Whilst being solid at the back is great, I also want my team to score more goals and that's why I appreciate all the feedback from everyone (Jonafan, Jersve, yourself and the rest) because it lets me know in what area there may be a deficiency so from what you guys have said, whilst results are good, more goals are needed....... will upload before the weekend if testing goes well.

This tactic seems really good - playing with Milan, bought a lot of new players to fit the guidelines. So far 4 wins out of 4 games in Serie A, including 3-2 away vs Juventus and 2-1 at home vs Roma.

Thanks a lot for that!

only 1 problem though - i'm getting a lot of yellow cards during game, like 5 each. No reds as I modify the PI for the player who received the yellow card.
Any advice how to handle that? Soon all my players will be suspended :)

3 hours ago, Franky. said:

Yeah, I have an idea...... score more goals whilst keeping the same defensive solidity :cool: I need to test for at least half a season, then will upload the modified tactic, replacing the original. Whilst being solid at the back is great, I also want my team to score more goals and that's why I appreciate all the feedback from everyone (Jonafan, Jersve, yourself and the rest) because it lets me know in what area there may be a deficiency so from what you guys have said, whilst results are good, more goals are needed....... will upload before the weekend if testing goes well.

Cheers Franky - while I've only conceded 6 goals half way through the season, the league leaders are ahead by about 20 goals for even though they have conceded about 15 more goals than me.

29 minutes ago, omerwsb said:

This tactic seems really good - playing with Milan, bought a lot of new players to fit the guidelines. So far 4 wins out of 4 games in Serie A, including 3-2 away vs Juventus and 2-1 at home vs Roma.

Thanks a lot for that!

only 1 problem though - i'm getting a lot of yellow cards during game, like 5 each. No reds as I modify the PI for the player who received the yellow card.
Any advice how to handle that? Soon all my players will be suspended :)

In some matches - you will find you get no cards at all - it depends on the ref :D

I'm flying in The Championship with Norwich using this tactic,if you stick to everything in the OP you'll go far.  

Ill update @ end of my season,but so far P24 W19 D4 L1 & the loss was away to Villa after I had a man sent off early,still bugs ??

Cheers Franky ??

Unbelievable! Got promoted as Sterling to Scottish League 1 and am still flying. After 12 matches, I finally lost. Sitting at 11 wins and 1 loss with an 8 point lead in the table. I'm also finding this tactic to be a bit of a giant killer in cup competitions. In my first year in League 2, I actually managed to make it to the finals of the Scottish FA Cup! Unfortunately, I got hit with injuries and ended up losing it, but I was thiiiiiiiis close to being a League 1 team in the Europa League!

Quality work.

PS: For people struggling with crosses, I had the same issue in my first year. I set OIs for wingbacks, wingers, and attacking wingers for SHOW ONTO FOOT to WEAKER FOOT and also set CLOSING DOWN for all striker positions to ALWAYS.

This has given me the best goals conceded record by far. Hope this helps.

EDIT: I should mention that my goals are coming mainly from the wings. My strikers do have trouble. I set them to DLF because there aren't any CF's in the lower leagues. Trying to find ways to bring them into the game more.

10 hours ago, cerud said:

Unbelievable! Got promoted as Sterling to Scottish League 1 and am still flying. After 12 matches, I finally lost. Sitting at 11 wins and 1 loss with an 8 point lead in the table. I'm also finding this tactic to be a bit of a giant killer in cup competitions. In my first year in League 2, I actually managed to make it to the finals of the Scottish FA Cup! Unfortunately, I got hit with injuries and ended up losing it, but I was thiiiiiiiis close to being a League 1 team in the Europa League!

Quality work.

PS: For people struggling with crosses, I had the same issue in my first year. I set OIs for wingbacks, wingers, and attacking wingers for SHOW ONTO FOOT to WEAKER FOOT and also set CLOSING DOWN for all striker positions to ALWAYS.

This has given me the best goals conceded record by far. Hope this helps.

EDIT: I should mention that my goals are coming mainly from the wings. My strikers do have trouble. I set them to DLF because there aren't any CF's in the lower leagues. Trying to find ways to bring them into the game more.

Yeah, agreed. My best available striker is a natural DEF - he went about nine or 10 games with very ordinary performances - 6.4 - no goals - no assists - I had no option but to play him and he's banged in six goals in the last eight - usually breaking quickly and finishing well when one on one.

36 minutes ago, Niall76 said:

Yeah, agreed. My best available striker is a natural DEF - he went about nine or 10 games with very ordinary performances - 6.4 - no goals - no assists - I had no option but to play him and he's banged in six goals in the last eight - usually breaking quickly and finishing well when one on one.

Do you play him as a CF or DLF?

1 minute ago, cerud said:

Yeah, me too. Alight, guess I'll wait and hope my strikers eventually.....strike.

Yeah, there's no way in the world I'd have persevered with him but my loan striker's loan finished and the parent club wouldn't let me have him again. I trialled many, many strikers but they ended up being poachers and targetmen or lacking in strength. Just as you replied, he's broken from Chelmsford's corner to bang in our third in the 91st minute :-) 

4 minutes ago, Niall76 said:

Yeah, there's no way in the world I'd have persevered with him but my loan striker's loan finished and the parent club wouldn't let me have him again. I trialled many, many strikers but they ended up being poachers and targetmen or lacking in strength. Just as you replied, he's broken from Chelmsford's corner to bang in our third in the 91st minute :-) 

The only positions I've changed are the striker to a DPF and the roaming mid to an AP. My saving grace has been my midfield and a goalkeeper that is way too good for my league (had to promise him half the club just to sign!). Strikers have bene my issue, but that's to be expected in the lower Scottish leagues.

1 minute ago, cerud said:

The only positions I've changed are the striker to a DPF and the roaming mid to an AP. My saving grace has been my midfield and a goalkeeper that is way too good for my league (had to promise him half the club just to sign!). Strikers have bene my issue, but that's to be expected in the lower Scottish leagues.

Yeah, I agree. I also changed roaming to AP. Interestingly, in that game I just won 3-1 at 7th placed Chelmsford (I'm 15th after being bottom until November!) I switched my left sided winger back to Inside Forward. The guy is right-footed and has played mostly on the right this season but when he's had to play on the left, he's been more effective. On the left he has a slightly higher suitability as an IF which is why I tried that, while maintaining the right winger as a winger. The IF scored twice!

1 minute ago, Niall76 said:

Yeah, I agree. I also changed roaming to AP. Interestingly, in that game I just won 3-1 at 7th placed Chelmsford (I'm 15th after being bottom until November!) I switched my left sided winger back to Inside Forward. The guy is right-footed and has played mostly on the right this season but when he's had to play on the left, he's been more effective. On the left he has a slightly higher suitability as an IF which is why I tried that, while maintaining the right winger as a winger. The IF scored twice!

Not bad. I kept the original IF roles for either side as I was able to get decent players. They have been my best goalscorers this season!

Well, can't really figure it out, but this is going off the rails for me in this second season. We started brilliantly with an 11 game winning streak. Since then, we've gone 2W 3D 6L. I can't buy a goal for my strikers. Oddly, the only guy scoring anything of worth is the BWM. We had an 11 point lead that has evaporated. It's only January, so I'm hoping for a change in form. Morale is still good. I think my strikers need a few remedial lessons. Not "this is our formation" lessons; more like "this is a ball" and "this is how people stand" lessons. More time spent on their ass than an infant...

2 hours ago, cerud said:

Well, can't really figure it out, but this is going off the rails for me in this second season. We started brilliantly with an 11 game winning streak. Since then, we've gone 2W 3D 6L. I can't buy a goal for my strikers. Oddly, the only guy scoring anything of worth is the BWM. We had an 11 point lead that has evaporated. It's only January, so I'm hoping for a change in form. Morale is still good. I think my strikers need a few remedial lessons. Not "this is our formation" lessons; more like "this is a ball" and "this is how people stand" lessons. More time spent on their ass than an infant...

Exact same thing happened me this season, started off the same as you and then we went totally off the boil. My 20+ goal striker from last season is playing like a academy player.

And i finally managed to go through the Premier League without losing a single ****ing game ??????? Invincible Arsenal once again.?

I have lost TWO!!!! game during the whole season so far. And it was on penalties in the Club World Cup final. And sadly I lost to Man United also on penalties in the Champions League final.:(

I train three version of franky's tactic. Control - Very fluid, Standard - Very Fluid and counter attack - structured. 

Home games always Very Fluid Control (sometimes attack instead of control)

Away games against very strong opponents Structured-Counterattack

Away games against lesser opponents very flyid - standard (sometimes control or attack instead of standard)

I use my coach Andries Jonker to give opposition instructions because his tactical knowledge is 16. 

My staff controls training but im looking after the individual training alot myself. 

I play with two different elevens : 

1st
GK Curtois HB Cancelo MB Romagnoli MB Gimenez VB Gaya CDM Amadou Diawara CM Alli CM Sanches OMV Mbappé OMH Iheanacho ST Dybala

2nd 
GK Hart HB Bellerin MB Mustafi MB Dier VB Guerrero CDM Danilo CM Romero CM Saul OMH Reiss Nelson OMV Griezmann ST Icardi.

Icardi over 40 goals! Dybala incredible also scored over 40 goals, and he is the worlds best player. Romagnoli 10 goals as a CD! Griezmann still going strong (20+ goals). Mbappe best young player in the world. Reiss Nelson is becoming a superstar and Iheanacho can play both CF and on to the right.

Fantastic season though with only two games lost and that was on penalties. :-)

20161202004109_1.jpg

20161202005801_1.jpg

20161202004142_1.jpg

20161202004128_1.jpg

20161202004710_1.jpg

20161202011937_1.jpg

4 hours ago, cerud said:

Same happened to me, I ended up trying different formations in the end. 

7 hours ago, sparkysrovers said:

Exact same thing happened me this season, started off the same as you and then we went totally off the boil. My 20+ goal striker from last season is playing like a academy player.

5 hours ago, Glassy said:

Same happened to me, I ended up trying different formations in the end. 

Well we were finally able to get back on track. One of my strikers finally started figuring out what a net was. We've won the league with 4 games to go and made the final of the Challenge Cup. Unfortunately, my goalkeeper broke his finger just before the match. The shots were 29-2 in my favour, but we still ended 0-0 and heading to penalties. Lost. Cup finals are my white whale.

But won the league, so that's something!

Yeah same - we won the league by about six points in the end. Striker still not as prolific but at least was able to find the net. The worse thing this season was my penalties, missed so many it was uncanny and checked the penalty takers and had the best picked.

Getting into the Champions League group stage has really bumped my finances and I should be able to strengthen my squad. 

I've made the switch to Taranto in the 3rd tier of Italy now. Sterling refused to go pro, being the only club in the Scottish Championship not professional. Rather not be a manager of a club that purposely handicaps itself.

Taranto looks good on paper. A mid-table team that's underachieved. Great IFs and a striker too good for the league, but we know that means nothing. I'll see how it goes once I get down to business and make a few needed signings in goal and defence.

8 hours ago, cerud said:

I've made the switch to Taranto in the 3rd tier of Italy now. Sterling refused to go pro, being the only club in the Scottish Championship not professional. Rather not be a manager of a club that purposely handicaps itself.

Taranto looks good on paper. A mid-table team that's underachieved. Great IFs and a striker too good for the league, but we know that means nothing. I'll see how it goes once I get down to business and make a few needed signings in goal and defence.

A new adventure - stick to your guns with only bringing in players that are familiar enough with the roles - that's my biggest failing!

On 30/11/2016 at 20:30, sparkysrovers said:

How's the attacking work going Franky? Any tips on what you're trying to use? 

Yep, just working on a few different settings and also implementing Cerud's OI advice. I've done the testing phase and am happy to release a more aggressive version of the Supreme tactic...... more goals scored without sacrificing defensive solidity. I'm going to upload it in a seperate thread as I feel it deserves it's own........ it's called TOTAL DOMINATION as that's what it does. Totally dominates the opposition. Have just won promotion from the Championship to the Premier League with Wycombe after losing in the play-off semi the season before using Supreme. Media prediction was 20th and with 5 games of the season to go, am 7 points clear of second place and with an FA Cup semi final to play. In 41 league games, dominated every single game bar one with more or less every defeat being unfortunate due to poor finishing........... will upload the tactic within the next hour or so.

Thanks everyone for the feedback. It's been really helpful and a special thanks to Cerud, who's OI advice I've implemented to great success :) 

18 hours ago, Niall76 said:

A new adventure - stick to your guns with only bringing in players that are familiar enough with the roles - that's my biggest failing!

That's my idea as well. Shoring up the defence and I've found a couple young guys who have been released from Serie A to fill positions in other areas. I'm thinking I have a strong contender for a promotion push, but we'll see. Players just got back from their break. Interesting to see how quick I can get them up to speed. Thankfully, this is a professional club, so it shouldn't take as long as with Sterling.

On a side not, I checked Sterling to see if they went pro after I left. Nope. They're the only club in the Scottish Championship that is semi-pro. I'm not expecting much from them. I'll check back with them from time to time.

Well, I'm 21 games into a 38-game season with Taranto and does well. This is a very competitive league! I'm in 1st place with 14 wins in 21 games, but there are a group of clubs, about 4 or so that are fighting for the top spot. Thankfully my striker has been prolific, averaging about a goal a game. I also have some quality young talent coming through the ranks. I'm trying to bleed them slowly, get them some playing time, but not to the detriment of the team. I do let in some stupid goals, not my goalkeeper's fault, more my defence falling asleep in the final moments of matches. Lost a few leads that way and ended up with ties. Like I said, I'm in 1st, but I could be in a much more comfortable position!

What I like about this tactic is that you don't have to be a top 4 side to do well, just get the right players in and it makes a difference, or at least near to the right sort of player.

i did find I conceded a lot from crosses to the near post. 

Greta tactic though mate

Got promoted to Serie B with Taranto and won the Lega Pro Cup, but missed out on the Supercopa. I thought that I'd be in for a tough ride in Serie B, but I'm finding it easier than Lega Pro so far. End of November and I'm in 1st with a 3 point cushion.

Also, just played a month on the new patch; the tactic still works well and performs beautifully :thup:

Great tactics really working for me. Ive got Eastleigh to the Premier league but really struggling. I had lost 7 in a row and was sitting in the relegation zone. Changed my tactics and have now gone 4 unbeaten. Beat Chelsea 3-1 away, beat Leicester and Wolves 2-0 at home and have just got a 2-2 draw at Man City. Great tactics mate, possibly saved my season!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey Franky, my laptop has problems with downloading tactics and I've tried various recommended avenues to fix this but still no luck...

Was wondering if you'd be able to post the instructions you use? Been trying to guess via what is said in the comments but it's proving tricky

Is this tactic suitable for LLM? I know you had some success with Wycombe, but I'm talking bottom of the barrel National League North/South. I've done a couple of pre-season games with Gloucester City and performances were mixed at best. Obviously getting in the most suitable players is a mission but trying a few different left Wing Backs later in pre-season after not having a natural one when I first took over, I did notice a slight upturn in performance.

41 minutes ago, WarroOxford said:

Is this tactic suitable for LLM? I know you had some success with Wycombe, but I'm talking bottom of the barrel National League North/South. I've done a couple of pre-season games with Gloucester City and performances were mixed at best. Obviously getting in the most suitable players is a mission but trying a few different left Wing Backs later in pre-season after not having a natural one when I first took over, I did notice a slight upturn in performance.

I've not updated the tactic since the last patch so it's out of date. I would suggest my HUSTLER tactic instead as I feel that's my best one. It's v1.2a you want and make sure to follow the tactic usage instructions. They're quite simple to follow but make the tactic suitable for all match situations. Also, I'm about to update the tactic but with just a single modification, which is to remove the 'use offside trap' team instruction so v1.2a is fine so long as you manually remove the offside trap instruction yourself....... and yes, there's no reason why the tactic shouldn't be suitable for all levels.

• 1 month later...
On 2016-11-30 at 02:44, nike10air said:

cant seems to find a suitable position for Ozil therefore sold him, Griezmann is struggling for me, yet to open his account and only a handful of assist

play griezmann as a striker! fantastic! 

Me and a friend started a online game with Monaco and AC Milan. I play with AS Monaco. First season I finished 2nd in the league and lost the french cup final vs PSG. But the team is so promising. I've deciding to play Lemar as a RPM and Fabinho BBM and in the beginning of the second season season they seem to really find their roles. 

First season I signed Mbembe, Augustinsson, Belotti and Kessie.

Beginning of second season i brought in Sarr, Onguéné, Maximiliano Romero, Jésé and Butland.

Oldest player in my squad is now 25 😊 quite a promising squad. Im looking forward to see how long i can hold to this team and what I can achieve with it. 

As soon as the clubs budget runs a little low the board announce good sponsorship deals. Mostly from an electric company. Usually worth around £40m (2 times in a little bit more than a season) . When I read about ppl playing with AS Monaco it seem to be quite restricted with cash but Im not finding it bad at all with those big sponsor deals coming in. 

Season 2017/2018 AS Monaco

CF Belotti(Romero)

OMV Mbappe(Jésé) 

OMH Bernardo Silva(Boschilia) 

RPM Lemar(Traoré)

BBM Fabinho 

DM Kessie(Bakayoko) 

RB Sidibe(Touré)

LB Agustinsson(Mendy) 

CB Jemerson

CB Mbemba(Onguéné) 

GK Butland (Nardi)