Suggestion - Chairman interactions

neilh79

I often feel as manager that interactions with the chairman is limited. I think maybe 2 or 3 private open and honest discussions would be helpful.

After pre-season - to re-enforce expectations for coming seasons, whether extra transfer funds are needed prior to end of transfer window with suggestions of where you intend to strengthen and reasons why.

January - Talk about under performing/over performing players, where needs to be strengthened and funds to do this, also any players you may be looking to sell

End of season - Talk about performance, whether expectations have been met and areas of improvement (if any). *Negotiate transfer budget (but unrealistic may affect relationship)*. Talk about players no longer in plans, areas to strengthen and potential transfers both in and out.

Also I would like to be able to talk to the chairman to be able to request additional funds for a specific "marquee signing". For example if I am looking for a striker at Manchester United and my budget is £130mil but I really want to have a realistic chance of signing Luis Suarez, I should be able to speak to the chairman to negotiate if I can sacrifice some or all of my transfer budget to go for him.

*All meetings should be strictly private and my telling the chairman that Wayne Rooney for example is no longer in my plans should not affect player morale.

• 1 month later...

Archived