Understanding a language in-game

Tony Mercedes

This may have been posted elsewhere, sorry if it has - my first post.  This one's been on my mind for a while.

So, here goes.  When I create my profile I can choose my known languages - great, better relationships with players etc.  However, something has always seemed lacking here in the realism terms, and that is actual interaction within game.  If my only known language is English, then when I have a press conference in Spain, or try to talk to my German centre-back, there should be notable gaps in the communication.  Like, maybe at my unveiling I can only literally understand a few words of Spanish, so I either have to grin and bear it, or get an interpreter.  Same goes for my players, if think I'm so hot that my manager skills can transcend the language barrier (say for example, only speaking English while taking the Valencia job as my first job...) then maybe I need to think hard about getting an assistant who speaks both English and Spanish, otherwise... well, y'know.

As the save progresses and the more interactions I have, I should pick up more of the local lingo - think Mauricio Pochettino when he first arrived at Southampton, as compared to now.

In addition, I should be able to do what Guardiola did before taking the Bayern job, just go off and intesively learn a language (like, not really, just send my manager on a language course) so I can roll up to the unveiling and speak pretty decent German.

Is this making sense???  I mean, the in game language is English, but maybe my first press conference at Valencia might look like "Hello, welcome to the job.  You ####### ### ## ##### new manager of Valencia #### ### ?"  What plans do you ### ### ## ### ###### ?"  Or something.

Something approaching the real-life scenario of only partially knowing a language.

It sounds like a good idea and I personally like it but I think it would annoy quite a few people not being able to understand what's being said 

• 1 month later...

Archived