I want to be able to take over an English team in 2017

Viking

I like to start my new saves in 2017, as late as possible, and then take over a struggling club in the Premier League or the Championship. This is how I've played FM for as long as I can remember. There are several reasons why I like this better. Mostly because it's more fun to me, and more realistic. A struggling team is more likley to be looking for a new manager. I also do not like that the March patch contains all the January transfer deadline transfers. If, say, West Ham buys Julian Draxler in December, he wouldn't be in the club in September in real life, while with the patch he will if I start the game "as intended". (and I do want to use the patch as it fixes a lot of database errors). Playing the game "as intended" gives me nothing.

Now, as I said, I have played like this for a long time, and it has always worked flawlessly. Up until now, when in FM 2017 I am suddenly "punished" by the game for doing this by not giving me a 2017 transfer budget. I reported this as a bug, but was told it's "working as intended and the game is not yet able to take into account the budgets and finances for the last few months of that season". This is weird since a) I have done this for a long time without problems, and b) this means no AI controlled teams in leagues with a start date in 2016 get a transfer budget if I play the game as intended and start a game in 2017 and take over a club in, say, Norway.

So could you please, please, give me back my way to enjoy FM.

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Archived