Lost trust in manager

Hi guys, did anyone got a player unhappy because he lost trust on you? I have one of my best players with this, after failing to get him a new contract 2 times in a week (the agent was crazy about one of the clausules). He had this for 6 months, his morales is always on the low side, tho he still likes me and feels he gets along well with me. 

This will ever be removed or its just a done affair and i cant do anything for him to regain trust?

IMO, two promises of a new contract in under a week being failed dont feel like a reason for such a loss in trust. If there were an option in the conversation with him to tell him his stupid agent is making it impossible for the new contract to be accepted maybe. Just my two cents.

Thanks!

I had my best young first-teamer at Millwall lose faith in my management because we were badly underperforming. I held a team meeting, and although most of my squad still had faith in me afterwards, this particular lad went against the grain, saying something along the lines of, "Things won't change at this club until you're sacked."

At that point, I decided to lay down the law and show the kid who's boss. I dropped him to the Under-23s, and as a result, he kicked up a fuss and refused to talk to me again. That was in February. He wouldn't play another first-team match for a month.

I started easing him back into the team in March, and I looked to improve his morale with some encouraging words in my team talks. Results picked up somewhat towards the end of the season, and although we failed to make the play-offs, the player dropped his complaints and agreed to sign a new two-year contract in the off-season. I'm back in his good books, and vice versa. :thup:

So, yeah, just because a player loses belief in your abilities doesn't necessarily mean that the relationship cannot be repaired.

I had a player lose trust in me because I failed to keep my promise and sell him (to be fair he is awful and cursed so no body wanted him) he had already been dropped to u23's so couldn't really punish him or anything so he is just sitting in my U23 side stewing but thankfully all my other players seemingly pretend he doesn't exist and when he threatens that things will get worse no one supports him.

Could probably repair my relationship with him by easing him back in if I wanted to but he is too awful to bother with.

I had this happen to me with a player I signed. I made a pre contract promise to send him on a coaching course. And no matter what I tried, the board would not do it. They kept saying they didn't think he was interested. But he clearly was. He asked for the promise. And made it clear in talks he really wanted to be a coach. But the board just wouldn't send him on the course. So he got really upset. Caused a bunch of problems in the team. And then I couldn't just release him because cost was twice as much as my current transfer budget. And I couldn't sell him, because no one had any interest. I even offered him out for $0, nothing. So I eventually loaned him out.

Archived