Not posted anything for a while... Recently started playing FM16 again, as with all versions of FM - I always play only with the team I support; Hearts. Some will say its boring but for me its the only way!  

My ultimate aim is to win the Champions League. I have played the game for atleast the last decade and have never managed it! Subsequently I have never laid my hands on a single European trophy!! Normally, just as I am getting close (10 years on in the game or so and the new version of FM comes out and I start all over again! :) )

This particular save - I am in 2023, as with all the versions, I have won the SPL/SPFL several times on the bounce and now consistently get to the knock-outs of the Champions League (reaching the QF and SF quite regularly) but have never managed to lay my hands on the trophy!!

Team is full of internationals valued at 10,15 Mil + and on 20-30k/week. I am still really enjoying the game and fully intend on pushing on to try and reach my ultimate goal. Until then I refuse to even think about managing somebody else, I have turned down huge job offers, even the Scotland job!

Has anybody managed to lift the Champions League with Hearts (or any other SPFL team - except Celtic/Rangers!) If so, how long did it take you and on which version?

The SPL doesn't exist any more, hasn't for a few years.

It's not that hard to do.  The Scottish leagues suffer from a similar thing to England, teams are slightly more successful in the game than in real life, which builds up the coefficient back to a very high level.  From there the money comes in, reputation rises, better players, and then it becomes not too tough.  Pretty sure I did it with Thistle.

It's the same with any league.  Once you get the snowball rolling of coefficients, money and rep rising, it's only a matter of time.  I've done it with Lincoln Red Imps, took a long, long time but once you reach the tipping point it becomes a lot easier.

Did it with Aberdeen in FM15, although it took 18 years to do. First 5 years were spent battling with Celtic and then Rangers when they got back into the Premiership. The second 5 years were spent winning the league picking up European cash and building. The next set of 5 years were spent getting to the knockout rounds of the Champions League earning more European money and then finally we won it. In fact I've been struggling to decide what team to go with so I may fire up a Scottish save.

As for Hearts, I'm sure my wife's cousins may have achieved your goal of winning the Champions League with Hearts, that's who they support and used to play as when they played FM.

In FM12 i managed to win it with East Stirlingshire 

it did take me a number of years and nearly went bankrupt as they had the build me a new stadium when i got to the top league  

i also manged to lose a 12 point lead one year to Celtic, who won it on the last day by beating me 

just annoyed i cant seem to settle with a side in FM17 had about 10 already and im also terrible at this years version 

Archived