Buying FM17 - advise needed pls

Hi all, rather strange question for you all. This may sound dodgy, but I promise you it isn't. I haven't bought or played FM in a couple of years (lost job, so can't buy luxury goods). Itching to play FM, so wanna get it without the missus knowing (she'll kill me and I'm scared of that great housemonster that makes dracula seem like a pussycat). If I buy it, can I register the code on steam and download it at a later date?  Situation is I live in Sweden but came to Cyprus to go to nieces wedding and to  see parents. Bored in the evenings so wanna buy it and install on this crappy old laptop. Will I be able to install from steam when I go back to Sweden with no problems? 

My devious plan is to buy it, install it, register it on steam, discard the disc and case etc, then when I go back to Sweden, download it onto my desktop which isn't as crappy as this laptop.

Thanks in advance!!

Just buy a boxed copy cash and activate it in steam. The code is included in the box. Then you can play it wherever you are.

But the better advise it to talk with your missus and how happy you would be when you could play the game instead of spending money to anything else...

Some of you are more devious than me:lol::lol:  Someone said to ditch the wife, she is like a boomerang. Tried that but it keeps flying back on her supercharged broomstick through the back window!!!
Seriously though, bought it and installing it as we speak, so looking forward to playing it now. Thanks for all the hints and tips guys, its appreciated.

Just need to go out to get myself some cloves of garlic and a cross to keep her away from me!!!

2 hours ago, Andrew_Goats_Gruff said:

FM 17 is worth the arguement, if she leaves you over treatin yourself in this **** life then sod her. you could be a druggy or anything but no, your an fm player... explain this to her ?

I genuinely think I would find it easier to quit smoking crack than to say with conviction that this is my final game of the evening.  One more click....

Archived