Arsenal - Shape, Mentality and More

After watching Dark Arts of Attacking Football - I went to work!

I started the season mid pre-season, so the first two games where played. I went to use the two theories explained in the video. I wanted to see how they worked together. I used mostly Fluid and Very Fluid. I seen my team work hard together and at times had the opposition pinned in for most of the match. In the last two friendlies I used more second string players to get them some match sharpness, and the CD couldn't deal with the counter of the opposition. Other than that all was going well.

Screen Shot 2016-11-14 at 11.54.24.png

Then came Man City...I watch the full game for the first 10/15mins normally to get an idea of what the opposition are doing.

Screen Shot 2016-11-14 at 12.01.04.png Screen Shot 2016-11-14 at 12.02.19.png

I noticed right away that Delph seemed to be roaming, so Closing Down - Always. I think I could see that they were playing Fluid or Very Fluid. They played compact and ran for each other. Considering their tactic was bottom heavy. They loaded players into my half often. I couldn't get a hold on the game. I tried going Fluid abasing them and direct to get in behind them. Didn't turn out so well. I then changed to playing more safe, with a mix of Counter and Defensive, still using Fluid to get team to work and move more. It didn't work either. I wasn't wanting to just shut up shop with Structured. I was at home and felt I could and should have the players to give them a game.

I don't mean this to sound rude, but is there a question here?  All we know so far is you lost 3-0 vs Man City, your basic formation, and you changed mentality a lot.

If you are looking for help to develop your tactic, please read the pinned thread at the top of this forum about asking for help and supply the information we need in order to help.

However, you've only played one league match so do you need to change things yet?

Edit - just noticed you already have a thread open about an Arsenal 4231 tactic.  Please continue in your first thread - especially as people have been giving you help there.  No need to open multiple threads on the same subject, so I'll close this one now.

Archived