Noticed any trends in the new ME?

Playing narrow with attacking full backs / wing backs brings much reward again.  Especially when used with inside forwards, a deep forward and a runner from midfield

I'm scoring more from set pieces, I didn't score many at all from corners or direct free kicks on the last version.  Keepers seem to make more silly (yet believable) mistakes as well although that one might just be at the forefront of my mind as my keeper has made silly mistakes twice in the last few games on my current save

Payet has scored several direct free kicks for me this version which is pleasing because they usually ended up in the stand in FM16.  Having said that when looking at them closely it seems the keepers are pretty slow at reacting and several of them should have been saved but I'm not complaining though that may just be the way the graphics play it out.  Have noticed that defensive centre backs defend better that normal centre backs this year.  Not getting as many from crosses this version, which is a shame because Cresswell and Jenkinson were like Ronaldo and Messi for me assists wise in 16!!

Archived