Kit icon overlay mismatch?!

DimitriFromParis

Hello guys.

I'm experiencing quite an odd issue with in my game, and can't really seem to figure out where to adjust it. Here we go:

The kit icon on the player overview panel, for several teams, mismatches the one from the tactics kit. Here is and aexample:

Atletico Madrid, is using 'graphics\pictures\kits\2d\outfield\back\tactics\square\48.png' on the tactics pitch. It's a striped kit, just like in real life. When i match it with the kit icon file, with the same number (48) in the 'graphics\pictures\kits\2d\outfield\back\zoomed\large' folder, the overlay likewise is striped, thus matching. BUT in game, when i look at the player profile, the kit icon seems one solid colour, thus missing the stripes! So it's like there is a mismatch between the fetching - the tactics kit is correct but the kit icon is not. Where can this be corrected - and why is it happening? It seems only some few striped teams are affected by it, but not sure though, as i haven't scrolled through hundreds of squads yet. It doesn't seem to be skin related, as other skins, showing the kit icon, also has the same mismatch. Please see below (i marked the tactics kit with an blue X just to be sure it's the right one showing for Atletico):

mis1.jpg

mis2.jpg

@michaeltmurrayuk Maybe you know it?

5 minutes ago, D_LO_ said:

If you resolve can you share (basic overview will do) ta.

Check the FM Skinners group.  Emil is diving into it there.  Newcastle work, sheff weds work, juventus dont, a.madrid dont.. so its tied to something somewhere..

9 minutes ago, D_LO_ said:

Not on FB I'm afraid, had a look at joining but just realised the aggro is going to outweigh the benefit (lets just say emails and forgotten passwords!) 

No worries me or demitri will let us know in here I would think

Looking in the editor both Juventus and A. Madrid use the square style shirt backs, and if you have a look in the \graphics\pictures\kits\2d\outfield\back\zoomed\large\square folder (same for small) there is just one square shirt back which is plain.

To fix it you'll need to create your own square style shirt backs (or just copy over the ones you want from the other folders) and then edit the config file as at the moment the config file is pointing every square style kit to the 1 shirt which is plain.

6 hours ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

Looking in the editor both Juventus and A. Madrid use the square style shirt backs, and if you have a look in the \graphics\pictures\kits\2d\outfield\back\zoomed\large\square folder (same for small) there is just one square shirt back which is plain.

To fix it you'll need to create your own square style shirt backs (or just copy over the ones you want from the other folders) and then edit the config file as at the moment the config file is pointing every square style kit to the 1 shirt which is plain.

I couldn't get this to work. I copied all styles from 'pattern' over with the config file as well, into the 'square' folder, and the kit just turned all red (as the 1.png is red and not green like it was before the copying over) - but it still fetches from number 1, and not 38.

1 hour ago, D_LO_ said:

Thanks Michael that's resolved it (Juventus is shirt 37 btw)

But how did you fix it D_LO_. The styles from the other folders are the other way around. Like the base 1 file was all green in the original 'squared' folder, it will become red if you copy over everything from another folder (patterns for example) - which will swap primary and secondary colour in the game?

Yeah the config files are slightly different, same as front folder looks like this:

<record from="1" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/outfield/home/same as front/kitstyle/zoomed/large/1"/>
        <record from="2" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/outfield/home/same as front/kitstyle/zoomed/large/2"/>
        <record from="3" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/outfield/home/same as front/kitstyle/zoomed/large/3"/>
        <record from="4" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/outfield/home/same as front/kitstyle/zoomed/large/4"/>

Whilst square folder looks like this:

<record from="1" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/outfield/home/square/kitstyle/zoomed/large/1"/>
        <record from="1" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/outfield/home/square/kitstyle/zoomed/large/2"/>
        <record from="1" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/outfield/home/square/kitstyle/zoomed/large/3"/>
        <record from="1" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/outfield/home/square/kitstyle/zoomed/large/4"/>
        <record from="1" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/outfield/home/square/kitstyle/zoomed/large/5"/>
        <record from="1" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/outfield/home/square/kitstyle/zoomed/large/6"/>
        <record from="1" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/outfield/home/square/kitstyle/zoomed/large/7"/>
        <record from="1" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/outfield/home/square/kitstyle/zoomed/large/8"/>
        <record from="1" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/outfield/home/square/kitstyle/zoomed/large/9"/>

So you need to copy over the graphics and then change the from bit to match up with the different kits and it should work. (then repeat for away, third and keeper kits).

A

13 minutes ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

Yeah the config files are slightly different, same as front folder looks like this:

<record from="1" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/outfield/home/same as front/kitstyle/zoomed/large/1"/>
        <record from="2" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/outfield/home/same as front/kitstyle/zoomed/large/2"/>
        <record from="3" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/outfield/home/same as front/kitstyle/zoomed/large/3"/>
        <record from="4" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/outfield/home/same as front/kitstyle/zoomed/large/4"/>

Whilst square folder looks like this:

<record from="1" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/outfield/home/square/kitstyle/zoomed/large/1"/>
        <record from="1" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/outfield/home/square/kitstyle/zoomed/large/2"/>
        <record from="1" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/outfield/home/square/kitstyle/zoomed/large/3"/>
        <record from="1" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/outfield/home/square/kitstyle/zoomed/large/4"/>
        <record from="1" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/outfield/home/square/kitstyle/zoomed/large/5"/>
        <record from="1" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/outfield/home/square/kitstyle/zoomed/large/6"/>
        <record from="1" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/outfield/home/square/kitstyle/zoomed/large/7"/>
        <record from="1" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/outfield/home/square/kitstyle/zoomed/large/8"/>
        <record from="1" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/outfield/home/square/kitstyle/zoomed/large/9"/>

So you need to copy over the graphics and then change the from bit to match up with the different kits and it should work. (then repeat for away, third and keeper kits).

Anyway the second and third kits aren't really important - at least i have never seen a second or third kit in the kit icon picture in game.

17 hours ago, D_LO_ said:

P.S. I will say I don't really understand why some teams aren't drawing from this folder (like Sheff Wed, Newcastle and Exeter) given all are directed to "1" on the face of it but I figure it's best to keep a general eye on this for any teams which aren't matching up correctly and adjust on an ad hoc. basis. 

FM17 has changed how the shirt backs are done, you now have two types of shirt backs you have the ones where the shirt back is the same as the shirt front - for example team has stripes on front and back of shirt, like barcelona kit image below (which is new for FM17):

thumb.aspx.jpg

We also have the square/plain shirt backs which are the only ones we had in the past and look like the two newcastle shirts below depending on whether it is the primary colour (plain) or secondary colour (square) that is used:

37713740_l_a2.jpg14128.jpg

(Not the best examples but they were the first images I found on the net after a quick search - just assume both sides use the same stripe number)

The confusion has likely come because it isn't very clear from the zoomed in images as they only show the area where the number is, rather than the rest of the shirt back, its a lot more clear if you have a look in the \graphics\pictures\kits\2d\outfield\back\default\ folder as they show the full shirt and you can compare the 'same as front' and 'square' shirt backs to see how they are different.

If you want to know if a team uses the 'same as front' or 'square' style you just need to look in the kits part of the editor for the teams in question.

5 hours ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

FM17 has changed how the shirt backs are done, you now have two types of shirt backs you have the ones where the shirt back is the same as the shirt front - for example team has stripes on front and back of shirt, like barcelona kit image below (which is new for FM17):

thumb.aspx.jpg

We also have the square/plain shirt backs which are the only ones we had in the past and look like the two newcastle shirts below depending on whether it is the primary colour (plain) or secondary colour (square) that is used:

37713740_l_a2.jpg14128.jpg

(Not the best examples but they were the first images I found on the net after a quick search - just assume both sides use the same stripe number)

The confusion has likely come because it isn't very clear from the zoomed in images as they only show the area where the number is, rather than the rest of the shirt back, its a lot more clear if you have a look in the \graphics\pictures\kits\2d\outfield\back\default\ folder as they show the full shirt and you can compare the 'same as front' and 'square' shirt backs to see how they are different.

If you want to know if a team uses the 'same as front' or 'square' style you just need to look in the kits part of the editor for the teams in question.

Makes sense, thanks Mic :applause:

Archived