Game Speed confusion

Hi, Sorry if this is placed in the incorrect place.

I keep having trouble with FM Game Speed. Sometimes i load the game and it's automatically on a small database with 2 countries loaded and i get 0.5 game speed. Then sometimes i have 5 countries and a customised database with approximately 6 divisions so roughly 44,000 players and i get 2.5/3 star. I dont want to really start a game when it's on 0.5 speed so it's quite annoying to see. Sometimes i load the game 10mins after exiting and then it's 2.5/3 star.

My laptop is only roughly 11 months old. (Acer E5-573) Processor Intel Core I5-5200U and i believe the RAM is 4GB. I'm not the most knowledgeable on the computer settings etc.

Would it be worth purchasing more RAM or is it just an error in the game?

Neil 

don't worry about the star rating, mine is always 1/2 star and my current laptop is 3 years old and it works on it quite well. HOWEVER, I use a program called CHEAT ENGINE, using this will speed up the PROCESSING between games. I have mine set between 6-8 times the speed.

10 minutes ago, AustralianKopite said:

don't worry about the star rating, mine is always 1/2 star and my current laptop is 3 years old and it works on it quite well. HOWEVER, I use a program called CHEAT ENGINE, using this will speed up the PROCESSING between games. I have mine set between 6-8 times the speed.

Thanks for the reply, is that from cheatengine.org?

I have downloaded a programme called Razer Cortex so i suppose i could load that and go ahead at 0.5 star and see if it still runs fine. I think it'll run fine on 0.5 without a programme but would rather the higher speed stars. Thanks again

Neil

The start rating should not be taken as the sole judge of game speed, as it is a snapshot taken at a given time and can be affected by other criteria.  If the game runs at an acceptable speed for you, then dont get too hung up on the stars.

1 hour ago, jim owen said:

What about Razer Cortex, does that work?

I downloaded that, i seem to when i start new game, get 0.5 then 2.5, but guessing it's just the processing between match days that maybe Razer Cortex helps improve but i've no idea. I'm not great with programmes.

3 hours ago, jim owen said:

What about Razer Cortex, does that work?

Imagine it's the same.  There's no magic bullet to help with processing, otherwise SI would have done it and distributed it as part of the game.  It's just a placebo.  I think it might do something with other games, but not FM.

12 hours ago, J Beckford 16 said:

Thanks for the reply, is that from cheatengine.org?

I have downloaded a programme called Razer Cortex so i suppose i could load that and go ahead at 0.5 star and see if it still runs fine. I think it'll run fine on 0.5 without a programme but would rather the higher speed stars. Thanks again

Neil

Yes it is at cheatengine.org

It processes between match days and events outside of matches a fair bit quicker, right now today I have it on 7.0x speed. It is making a big difference.

Archived