Players Wanting to leave

Not sure if this topic has been done before, but I am currently managing Inter and got  a lot of the squad wanting to leave it seems very strange I know both Milan clubs have underachieved in recent seasons but it is still a massive club. One player wants to join Tottenham a club who hasnt won a league title since the 60s! Surely Inter have a bigger rep than spurs in the game.

I'm interested in this, because I'm currently managing inter myself.

I think there are many variables that are more or less relevant in these situations. Things like, at what point in time are you in the save, what have your results been like, what is your manager's reputation, how have you been treating your players, and much more?

Also, without looking at the in-game reputation of these clubs, inter's real life situation is pretty poor at the moment, and I don't see them any more likely to challenge for silverware any time soon than Tottenham, to be fair. Add to that the vast amount of money flowing into the Premier League and I can't really fault players for wanting a piece of that.

At the start of a new game as Liverpool, within a few weeks, there's several players complaining, wanting to leave n join Spurs. Coutinho, Firmino, and Lovren are usually the first, saying they want to be playing Champions League football.. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/11/2016 at 22:18, eriktous said:

I'm interested in this, because I'm currently managing inter myself.

I think there are many variables that are more or less relevant in these situations. Things like, at what point in time are you in the save, what have your results been like, what is your manager's reputation, how have you been treating your players, and much more?

Also, without looking at the in-game reputation of these clubs, inter's real life situation is pretty poor at the moment, and I don't see them any more likely to challenge for silverware any time soon than Tottenham, to be fair. Add to that the vast amount of money flowing into the Premier League and I can't really fault players for wanting a piece of that.

Agree that Spurs have a lot of potential but its Inter Milan still a giant of european football and I sort of disagree with the silveware comment Inter have a hugely talanted squad guys like Mario,Icardi, Benega etc! Just haven't been able to get it right with the managment part of the reason I wanted to do this save. Think they could push for a league title in th next few years

I think if Potch leaves spurs they a top 6 side at best he is getting the most out that squad but player for player I still take inter squad over spurs . But agree premier league is a huge draw.

On 16-11-2016 at 19:52, The Gaffer101 said:

Not sure if this topic has been done before, but I am currently managing Inter and got  a lot of the squad wanting to leave it seems very strange I know both Milan clubs have underachieved in recent seasons but it is still a massive club. One player wants to join Tottenham a club who hasnt won a league title since the 60s! Surely Inter have a bigger rep than spurs in the game.

Just looked it up in the editor, and Tottenham have a slightly higher reputation than Inter, and of course they play in the Champions League. It this realistic? Hard to say, maybe seen the last few years yes, but overall I personally still see Inter as the ''bigger'' club .. mainly from a historical perspective and of course this is hard to implement in FM. 

On 16-11-2016 at 23:41, rinso said:

At the start of a new game as Liverpool, within a few weeks, there's several players complaining, wanting to leave n join Spurs. Coutinho, Firmino, and Lovren are usually the first, saying they want to be playing Champions League football.. 

I also often see this happening, this I find more unrealistic than players from Inter wanting to move to England. I could see Icardi go to Tottenham perhaps, but Coutinho, no way. I would even see that more as step down (now with Klopp there). But also for this, I can understand that such things are hard to implement in the game. You can make the AI do things based on numbers (reputations) but a AI is less likely to 'understand' and whole picture of a situation. This is also the reason that for example AI teams often are chasing the transfermarkt for positions where they have like seven players capable of playing there, but only two who have the position as 'natural' what makes them see the position in need of strengthening.

I've got my starting striker, we're playing the final two games of the year, and suddenly he wants to leave for a bigger club. He's got 2 years left on a 3-year contract, he's worth $90K, but when I tell him I'd let him go if a team meets my valuation of him, he says "just so I know we're on the same page, what is your valuation?" and I say "$150,000" and he gets mad and says "no one will pay that...try again". So I say "well then, I'm not going to let you go" and he says "I'm fuming, you should have just said you're not going to let me go". 

Well...where's my motivation to let a player who had just signed a 3-year contract, but he apparently wants me let him go for virtually nothing, while replacing him is going to cost more that what I'm going to get in return. 

Tottenham's reputation is higher, but only marginally - the fact Inter Milan are a historically bigger club is offset by the fact that Tottenham aren't small themselves historically (albeit never been known for their league success, more their cup and European exploits) and have been far more successful in recent seasons while playing in a better league. The more likely factors for wanting a move are the league reputation (the Premier League is slightly better than Serie A) and, if you're in the first season, Champions League football.

Archived