Tired Players

Hello everyone! hope I posted it in the right place. :D

My team can not play 3 matches in a row, they get very "exhausted", with fatigue reaching 63% at the end of the match, and "only" 87% - 91% for the next match. I decrease the intensity of the training and also give rest to them, but I did not get a positive result. 

For example, in match 2, I already have to make too many replacements if you want to play with the starting line in match 3, This is very frustrating for me, of course who has no way to play a whole season with the 11 players, but not being able to play 3 games in a row even at the beginning of the season gets complicated as I see it.

I would like tips or see if it happens to you too. And if it happens, what do you guys do?

ty

When a player's condition gets very low in a match he is supposed to get slower, make more mistakes and increase his chance of injury. I've found that not to be the case, however.  I manage very lower leagues sides and emphasise youth development. Therefore, I typically have a squad of teenagers with very low attributes who usually end a 90 min match on c. 60% condition. If I have a cup game that goes into extra time some will go down to 40%.  When I have fixture congestion like you mention, some might start a match on 80% and finished on under 40%. 

I've never noticed any actual decrease in playing ability or increase in injuries. Let me stress that in such periods I drop general training down to light, and give players due to play twice in a week a rest from training - some might go 2 or 3 weeks without a single day's training in the busiest periods like Christmas. So I take precautions, but I have to say when I read FMers saying never start a player on less than 90% or immediately sub him if he drops to 70%, I find this quite unnecessary.

Archived